Phantom 3 4K range mod???

OK Video uploaded and once again please forgive me for not doing a better job on the video but if you watch it you will get to see how it went for me anyways and some good points about how it is done. Thanks

Awesome. Super in depth! Love it.
I have a mechanical background (amongst other skills too) from the Air Force. Thank you for doing this and explaining it too the newer people at this and will hopefully get some more business!

Well went to the park today and did some more flying. My impressions with the ITElite Mod are mixed. From todays flying here are my thoughts.
1, Overall connectivity and video link is improved, especially when flying directly overhead. There were some times when flying within 1000 ft distance that I wasnt even pointing the antenna in the general direction of my quad and I still maintained a good link. (Result Good)
2, I tried a distance trial even though I havnt received my GPS Tracker yet and started losing signal at only 2200 ft distance while flying @ 380 ft so I wasnt too happy with that.As I have flown 3800 ft with windsurfer boosters! When I get my tracker I will retest in several diferent directions and report again. (Result Not Better than Stock)
I think that maybe flying at 240 ft altitude may give better results due to reflectivity with the ground and water bodies. I am in an area in Florida close to the Everglades which is like wet marsh lands, farm lands. You can see where I go to fly here Google Maps
The model airfeild is at the south east corner of the park where the road ends. Its called Markham Park and its beautiful. With plenty of places for family BBQ, a gun range, a BMX bike trail area, dog park area and more. Today there were about 3 jets flying there along with the usual prop planes. Just to the left of the airplane area is the helicopter/ quadcoter area. with a couple picnic tables and landing pads. Real nice and peaceful. Good people there, never any problems or jerks to ruin your day.
If I travel west of the park a coule of miles I can find a good long and straigh road to do a long range test on. Have my wife drop me off and she can go ahead of me a mile or so and be my spotter while keeping in touch on the phone. Just waithing for my tracker to come in the mail and a nice weather day on the weekend.
I must admit I am both happy and slightly disappointed about the Range Mod. I suppose the positive aspects of better connectivity and video link is one of the things I wanted. But the actual range has yet to be determined. I actually caught myself thinking about selling the whole rig today and buying a P3P on sale for $999. I saw it somewhere online just dont remember right now. But man I am dumping cash into this hobby! Other thoughts are adding 3 powered signal amplifiers to the existing setup. Hmmmm bedtime and time for me to shut up already! To be continued......

Reactions: Bleedin Iris Photog
I just got my P34K not even a month ago. I too have been putting some money into it. I'm a professional photographer on the side. So this little beast just adds to my cameras.
I was in the Air Force too with RPA'S. I really hate the term "drones". It's a racial slur to me. Bc even these are remotely piloted aircraft.
Rambo, you have the perfect mindset and safety practices that other people really need to do too. Having a spotter is brilliant. Hell, I used to spot for ours to prevent mishaps. I really gotta say, great job. Once I get my tx in, I will post photos and possibly videos. I know I will have to mod my GPC backpack that I just received too!

Reactions: Rambo1
Well went to the park today and did some more flying. My impressions with the ITElite Mod are mixed. From todays flying here are my thoughts.
1, Overall connectivity and video link is improved, especially when flying directly overhead. There were some times when flying within 1000 ft distance that I wasnt even pointing the antenna in the general direction of my quad and I still maintained a good link. (Result Good)
2, I tried a distance trial even though I havnt received my GPS Tracker yet and started losing signal at only 2200 ft distance while flying @ 380 ft so I wasnt too happy with that.As I have flown 3800 ft with windsurfer boosters! When I get my tracker I will retest in several diferent directions and report again. (Result Not Better than Stock)
I think that maybe flying at 240 ft altitude may give better results due to reflectivity with the ground and water bodies. I am in an area in Florida close to the Everglades which is like wet marsh lands, farm lands. You can see where I go to fly here Google Maps
The model airfeild is at the south east corner of the park where the road ends. Its called Markham Park and its beautiful. With plenty of places for family BBQ, a gun range, a BMX bike trail area, dog park area and more. Today there were about 3 jets flying there along with the usual prop planes. Just to the left of the airplane area is the helicopter/ quadcoter area. with a couple picnic tables and landing pads. Real nice and peaceful. Good people there, never any problems or jerks to ruin your day.
If I travel west of the park a coule of miles I can find a good long and straigh road to do a long range test on. Have my wife drop me off and she can go ahead of me a mile or so and be my spotter while keeping in touch on the phone. Just waithing for my tracker to come in the mail and a nice weather day on the weekend.
I must admit I am both happy and slightly disappointed about the Range Mod. I suppose the positive aspects of better connectivity and video link is one of the things I wanted. But the actual range has yet to be determined.

Definitely test and mess around with that. Sounds like you ran into an interference area or something if your distance was that short. I'm getting more than I feel comfortable with (I can fly until the RTH battery warning shows) in all directions out at the beach but then get back to the neighborhoods and results are mixed depending on how bad the interference is.
I notice the panel doesn't need to be pointed toward the bird at all inside 4 or 5 hundred meters but farther out it starts getting more important to aim a little better, and then out past 2 miles it is very important to start aiming well. Like I'm pointing the scope on a sniper rifle and this thing could keep flying forever!!!
The 4K is definitely getting more range than the Standard with the same setup though.

Reactions: Rambo1
J-Boog Thanks for your input. I see in your signature you fly a Pro and a Std. But I feel that the 4K is not going to get as good results due to the lack of light bridge. Do you also own a 4K? I would really like to hear about other 4K owners experiences and range tests. I dont think we can fairly compare a modded Phantom with light bridge to a modded Phantom without. Give me yur thoughts?

Reactions: Bleedin Iris Photog
Well, I finally got my mod in. **** post office thinks Amarillo, TX is between FL and NY. Haha
One last question before I do my mod.
Does it matter which 2.4 GHz wire goes into which port (2 or 3)? Are the inter changeable?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

OK Video uploaded and once again please forgive me for not doing a better job on the video but if you watch it you will get to see how it went for me anyways and some good points about how it is done. Thanks
Rambo, does it matter which port the 2.4GHz connects into? Are 2 & 3 interchangeable?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

For all who are still loking for software solution to remove CE power cap.

This is the very setting that needs to be changed or removed :
My findings are based on Phantom 3 Standard however I'm more that sure it will work as well for Adv and Pro models.
Please be careful, do not mess with files if you're not sure what you're doing. It might damage your craft.

Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik