Phantom 3 4K range mod???

@dirkclod I don't have other pics however I have video this video, I hope it helps.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dirkclod
@dirkclod I don't have other pics however I have video this video, I hope it helps.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
What did they hack on it? Are you referring to modding it with the panel?

What did they hack on it? Are you referring to modding it with the panel?

Hacking = Modding RC controller for installing DBS Mods ITELITE Antenna panel.

Hacking = Modding RC controller for installing DBS Mods ITELITE Antenna panel.
Semantics I guess. When you said it was 'hacked' that would be software to me. Adding a physical item to improve something is modifying or 'modding' to me.

Either way you look at it, nice job. Been waiting for someone to do this. It is great to see people getting the most out of their quads.

Thanks buddy..Ya just showed me what I wanted to see . The TX is the same as the others .
Am Glad you posted that how to video on the Standard as I have seen that asked for more times than I can count ! :)

No problem folks glad to be of help.

Thanks buddy..Ya just showed me what I wanted to see . The TX is the same as the others .
Am Glad you posted that how to video on the Standard as I have seen that asked for more times than I can count ! :)
I still want to know why some have 3 LED's and some have 2. :confused:

Thanks for posting the pics! That's what I'm looking for :) I wonder if he had to use any addition parts to get it to work with the P3 4K controller?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Got a couple emails back and forth with DBS.
Itelite does not have a dedicated kit for this yet.
MOD pictured includes these parts.
~ITE-DBS01 antenna (panel only)
~ITE-DBS02 stainless mount
~One 7inch u.fl to RP-SMA pigtail (from DBS01 kit)
~Two 9inch u.fl to RP-SMA pigtail (get this elsewhere)

He says he got very close to one mile bone stock right out of the box.
Over three miles with DBS panel.
Still didn't max out or lose signal yet.

No problem folks glad to be of help.
So it sounds like the mod kit for the P3S should work for the P3 4K, would you guys agree with that? Just trying to clarify :) thx!

Reactions: Rambo1
And have you done anything on the quad itself, or is it all stock?

Who are you asking?

The DBS 4K bird itself is untouched so far if that's who you are referring to but he's not in the thread.

Got a couple emails back and forth with DBS.
Itelite does not have a dedicated kit for this yet.
MOD pictured includes these parts.
~ITE-DBS01 antenna (panel only)
~ITE-DBS02 stainless mount
~One 7inch u.fl to RP-SMA pigtail (from DBS01 kit)
~Two 9inch u.fl to RP-SMA pigtail (get this elsewhere)

He says he got very close to one mile bone stock right out of the box.
Over three miles with DBS panel.
Still didn't max out or lose signal yet.

Just saw your post, thx man!

So it sounds like the mod kit for the P3S should work for the P3 4K, would you guys agree with that? Just trying to clarify :) thx!

No
Two of the wires will be short.
And the bracket is a bit close to the controller because the bar is different than the Standard. I didn't try actually mounting it yet because I didn't like the way it was lining up. Just can't beat that original stainless quick mount.

Antenna is correct
Mount sort of fits
One wire works for 5.8
Two wires are too short

Itelite will have the proper solution soon I'm sure.
Just a matter of swapping mounts and wires and getting it shipping if they want to catch the first wave.

Reactions: Rambo1
Who are you asking?

The DBS 4K bird itself is untouched so far if that's who you are referring to but he's not in the thread.
I was curious if there were any mods done to the bird side of the setup or if it was only the modded TX that achieved over 16,000'. That is impressive. :D

I was curious if there were any mods done to the bird side of the setup or if it was only the modded TX that achieved over 16,000'. That is impressive. :D

Average in DBS MODs world.
All his panels can do numbers like this no sweat.
P3Pro/Adv can do 8 miles easy, unboosted
He did 10miles with the Matrice not too long ago that was just amazing. I heard another antenna manufacturer saying the Matrice has "the worst bird side antennas" but dbs tuned into those and ended up with huge numbers.

These antennas are truly the best.
Durable like crazy.
Easy on easy off easy setup and tear down.
Easy storage and I don't have to worry about someone sitting on it in the backseat.:p

Average in DBS MODs world.
All his panels can do numbers like this no sweat.
P3Pro/Adv can do 8 miles easy, unboosted
He did 10miles with the Matrice not too long ago that was just amazing. I heard another antenna manufacturer saying the Matrice has "the worst bird side antennas" but dbs tuned into those and ended up with huge numbers.

These antennas are truly the best.
Durable like crazy.
Easy on easy off easy setup and tear down.
Easy storage and I don't have to worry about someone sitting on it in the backseat.:p
So that has nothing done to the bird side? All stock in stock configuration? I ask because the panel is my next mod on my P3S. I want to know what to expect.

So that has nothing done to the bird side? All stock in stock configuration? I ask because the panel is my next mod on my P3S. I want to know what to expect.

Correct, Nothing touched on the bird.

DBS MOD rule #17
Don't mod the bird unless you need more battery.
Amps, UBEC, cables, SMA connectors, antennas, and antenna mounts all add weight and drain power and ultimately shorten the potential range of your bird. (If max range is your ultimate goal, battery should be the concern on the bird and that's all. Everything else can be done on the ground)

MOD the ground station to reach out and grab that bird's signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic