Phantom 2 Vision+ (Plus) is Better than P2 w/GoPro

Wow, I got mine yesterday, the WiFi does go a lot further, I was really impressed. I was able to go about 1,000 feet (I couldn't do that with my Phantom 2 Vision) I live in a populated area, also the camera is sooooo smooth even with the breeze yesterday! I love this thing!

Here's a link of my first video:

http://youtu.be/XlDBioFQV_Y

BenDronePilot said:
CRankin said:
pault said:
Even though the + has been out for a couple of days now I am still not clear about the capabilities of the camera.

I'm waiting to see this as well. Late last week I decided that I was going to return the P2V I bought on 4/1 back to B&H. Now I'm trying to decide which route I want to go with... Just picked up a GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition from REI for $320, so the choice is going to be between the P2 with a 3 axis gimbal and GoPro, or the P2V+. The choice is entirely dependent upon camera quality.

If you're interested in better video quality get a phantom 2 with h33d combo which is under A thousand and use your gopro and add am fpv system when you can which will run you at least $300 if you want to see elemetry info on screen.

It's a tough choice because I like the GOPRO quality a lot better - but with the FPV and telemetry built in it's hard to pass up.

As an FC40 owner - I will see about purchasing in at least 6 months to wait for (a) kinks to work out (b) price to maybe drop and (c) see what the hell they come up with for the PHANTOM 3.

Doesn't anyone think it's curious that they didn't call this the P3 - it's because the P3 is coming and it will ROCK.

I'll also keep my FC40 on the side as a GoPro platform.

w0by said:
Wow, I got mine yesterday, the WiFi does go a lot further, I was really impressed. I was able to go about 1,000 feet (I couldn't do that with my Phantom 2 Vision) I live in a populated area, also the camera is sooooo smooth even with the breeze yesterday! I love this thing!

Here's a link of my first video:

http://youtu.be/XlDBioFQV_Y

Great video! Can you try the different FOV (Field Of View) settings? I just received mine today and I have poor flying weather. However, I will post with the different settings, when i get a chance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub