Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v1.05

gpauk said:
Yeah, that's correct, operationally. There have no doubt been some fixes under the hood, as it were!

First flight with the updates went flawlessly. I tried everything but RTH, and I'll try that on the next flight out... in a spot where I have plenty of room.

I LOVE the IOC functionality. Very cool. I need to put a lot more time into exploring it, but I can see how this can come in real handy if you're far out. It seemed to me that when I put it into the second position on S2 (home mode?) that it remembered what forward was just before I set the switch. I was of the understanding that it would go forward from the perspective of where it took off from (the saved GPS coordinates). I'm sure you Phantom 1 guys have a bunch of IOC information that us Newbs haven't figured out yet.

Only one flight, with three takeoff and landings... But very impressed. Nice...

-slinger

Hi Guys,
Advice needed pleased

I have upgraded the firmware on the transmitter - no problems.

I have upgraded the main controller I'm now running 1.05

I have upgraded the P330CB (whatever that is?) to 1.0.1.18 so all is good.

However when I try to upgrade the 5.8G Receiver firmware to 1.0.1.3 I get the message
'upgrade Failure! please power cycle and try again!'

Is this upgrade absolutely necessary or just desirable as it says all that is new is 'optimize the communication and reduce signal interferences'

I have tried numerous times with no success so far.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Mactab said:
Hi Guys,
Advice needed pleased

However when I try to upgrade the 5.8G Receiver firmware to 1.0.1.3 I get the message

Is this upgrade absolutely necessary or just desirable as it says all that is new is 'optimize the communication and reduce signal interferences'

Ideas?

Thanks in advance

I had the same problem. If you still have the previous version of the Phantom Vision Assistant software (Version 1.01 I think) Run that update from that software. It should work...

-slinger

Thanks Gunslinger for the tip.
Unfortunately I had already uninstalled the original vision assistant.

Not sure where to go now ..... hmmmm

Interesting the IOC function will not switch on even though I have upgraded the transmitter perhaps this firmware update is required?

(Btw - cant get over the amount of spelling mistakes within the assistant - not that it should make any difference of course.)

Mactab said:
Hi Guys,
Advice needed pleased

Ideas?

Thanks in advance

well, I had that around 5-6 times, then I changed the USB port, the other port was USB3, and it updated in like 20 seconds... close the assistant and change the port... hope it works

gpauk said:
mactab -- I have the original installer for v1.... Let me know where to email via PM it and I'll send it to you!

Thanks, man... I was just going to do the same thing... :D

Hope it works for you mactab

-slinger

So are they ever planning on making the software work with mac OS? I really should have DONE MORE RESEARCH when I bought the thing, but its gonna be a pretty nice paperweight if that's the case, cause I don't own a PC. I just figured it would work because of the ios app for the FPV. It arrives Monday.

EDIT: Just combed through all their info on their website on the PV and on the site of the dealer I bought it from. Neither of them say anything about the requirement of owning a PC. Bummed. :(

I would like to thank everyone here on this forum for all their support and help. I finally upgraded my software and all is good. Again, THANK YOU ONE AND ALL ! :cool:

I have just successfully updated my Vision to v1.05 test flown and all is good. I have set S2 to manual at position 3 as I have some good experience with more traditional model helicopters and like a challenge! Before I jump into the lions den, can any experienced Phantom flyers tell me if I can switch to the Attitude mode to get myself out of trouble or if after some loops and rolls it becomes dis-orientated? Thanks

Thanks guys for your help.
Downloaded assistant V1 courtesy gpauk and the final bit of the upgrade worked.
This is what user forums are all about. Help and advice.
Fingers crossed for successful flying

Mactab said:
Thanks guys for your help.
Downloaded assistant V1 courtesy gpauk and the final bit of the upgrade worked.
This is what user forums are all about. Help and advice.
Fingers crossed for successful flying

Cool! Good deal. Happy flying, bro...

-slinger

Re: Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v1.05i

whitewatersalvo said:
So are they ever planning on making the software work with mac OS? I really should have DONE MORE RESEARCH when I bought the thing, but its gonna be a pretty nice paperweight if that's the case, cause I don't own a PC. I just figured it would work because of the ios app for the FPV. It arrives Monday.

EDIT: Just combed through all their info on their website on the PV and on the site of the dealer I bought it from. Neither of them say anything about the requirement of owning a PC. Bummed. :(

I run Parallels/Win 7 on a MACBook Pro and so far I've not had any problems updating my Phantom and Phantom 2 Vision. Just make sure the USB port is connected to the Win 7 OS. So not to worry MAC users have a path to upgrade their Phantom(s).

Good to know it works thanks for posting.
still thats another ~$300 in software and antivirus to tack onto the $1200 - and I have to learn windows again now!

BTW can you actually buy windows 7 anywhere?? All I can find is windows 8

whitewatersalvo said:
Good to know it works thanks for posting.
still thats another ~$300 in software and antivirus to tack onto the $1200 - and I have to learn windows again now!

BTW can you actually buy windows 7 anywhere?? All I can find is windows 8

in that case just buy a cheapy laptop on ebay that has win7 loaded, then put it back on ebay and sell it for the same, or a touch less. total cost $30?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl