Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v1.05

vbluguitar said:
mitchsden said:
Well it has arrived, not exactly sure what has been done, but
upgraded mine and off for a fly.

http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-vision-downloads/

I think it just updated the software on your PC, but won't really change anything on the vision itself. All the firmware versions are from last week. That is where we will see a difference in functionality.

Yes it is, look at the items below. Also 1.05 for the vision. Lets try and see! :D

Drone7 said:
vbluguitar said:
mitchsden said:
Well it has arrived, not exactly sure what has been done, but
upgraded mine and off for a fly.

I think it just updated the software on your PC, but won't really change anything on the vision itself. All the firmware versions are from last week. That is where we will see a difference in functionality.

Yes it is, look at the items below. Also 1.05 for the vision. Lets try and see! :D

Oh wait - yeah there are a lot of updates! The camera got updated and the firmware. WHERE IS MY USB CABLE. I NEED IT NOW!

Ok, i didnt find the ioc

but here it is: click on the name in top of the assistent screen on the left where you can change the language ;) After that enable it and look around in the 1.05

Is this update just out in the US? I am in the UK and just got the assistant to check for a software update and it said no updates available. Currently on 1.01.

Great News
Could anyone feedback what actually happens now we have new software should the Battery Small pin connection become corrupted/disconnected with the Vision in flight

Ok, forget my last post. I followed the link in the OP's post and it was there for download. How crap is that? Have the ability to update from within the app but don't use it, just install as a totally separate version, meaning we have to uninstall the older version). Oh, and don't bother to let all your customers know it's been released either, that way we can all rely on the forums to keep us up to date and do your job for you!

Any updated instructions about how to use the additional functionality?

TisiRaptor said:
Is this update just out in the US? I am in the UK and just got the assistant to check for a software update and it said no updates available. Currently on 1.01.

Can't be, I live in Bognor Regis :D

I did download it from their website and install it first though, perhaps the app
check is not updated yet.

Aaaaaand I need some help!
Downloaded the updates, had a look around, changed to NAZAM mode to get IOC and other goodies. Noticed you can use the bottom-most S1 to select failsafe, nice. All lovely.

Power cycled everything and now I get my first ever invalid battery! Never had it in flight, and my contacts looks lovely and clean compared to some other pics I have seen. Nevertheless I clean with alcohol, put it back in, power cycle a couple of times and finally presto - I can see my battery status and change the alarm settings to give a bit more range.

Then I notice the Receiver has an update available (must have missed it before). Try to update, it keeps failing. Then I notice it says "Current version 0.0.0.0 - Upgrade 1.0.1.3". Keeps failing. It throws up the big red "only for use with Tx version blah" but I've already had the back off the Tx and done that.

I have tried with Tx on, with it off - I can't see any small flashing link light to say it's lost link but the fact it's showing version 0.0.0.0 implies to me it's gone gaga. :cry:

Everything else is latest version, but the Rx appears to have gone awol. Anyone familiar with Naza's know how I can get it back or is this going to be a back to dealer job? Gutted, as it was flying so nicely and now it's a bit of a dead duck. Not sure what else to try, so over to you guys!

Just downloaded the new Vision Assistant software, connected my Vision and updated it, and went out flying
Wow IOC is difficult when you are used to flying without it.

I've been lucky in not getting the Invalid battery error message... until I upgraded the Main Controller to 1.05 - the software said the upgrade was successful and to power cycle. Per the manual, I waited 5 seconds and then turned it off and then back on. I immediately received the Invalid Battery error message in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and another error that quickly popped up and disappeared. However, I then proceeded to quickly upgrade the P330CB - followed the same process and haven't seen the Invalid Battery error message again. Everything else seems to be OK (advanced settings etc). I went outside calibrated the compass - side note, after the vertical dance, the LED's rapidly flash green versus going from a solid green light to off. Did a flight, flew flawlessly.

One thing I immediately noticed is its ability to connect to more satellites more quickly. I didn't have to wait 5-10 minutes like before! So far, looks promising.

With the original Phantom, I found once I had course lock and home lock and got used to them I use them all the time... Really handy when the copter is a dot on the horizon!

I found this on another forum. UAVProducts got this from Dji

Please find the following information for Phantom 2 Vision firmware updates. And also share with your customers about this.

1. Overview: :

a) The Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot's firmware is upgraded to v.1.05.
b) The firmware of Central Board is upgraded to v1.0.1.18
c) The PC Assistant Software is upgraded to v1.05
d) Cell Phone App is upgraded to (iOS App: v1.0.28 Android App: v1.0.33), they are now under app store reviews.

2. New (Major) Features:

a) For professional users, you can use PC Assistant Software (v1.05) to enter Naza-like Mode (not exactly the same), to enable the IOC feature and enable the original "atti mode, gps mode, manual mode". In addition, the LED flight indicator will behave like Naza, not Phantom 2 Vision. And please alert users only to enter the Naza-like Mode if they are really professional and know what they are doing, because more and more Phantom 2 Vision users will be those who has no experience of flying.

b) The contact pins may encounter some failure when the Phantom 2 Vision is still in the air, which triggers the "Invalid Battery" warning. And since in this case, the autopilot fails to get the battery data via the contact pins, it gets a "0" battery level which triggers the failsafe of auto-landing due to low battery value. After both of Autopilot (v1.05) and Central Board (v.1.0.1.18) updates, even the contact pins fail the communication, the autopilot won't trigger the "Invalid Battery" warning if you are in the air, and it will not trigger the "autolanding". More importantly, the autopilot will still give you warnings if your battery's voltage is lower than 10.65V. (A little background info: autopilot knows the battery percentage via the contact pins, and it can know the battery's voltage without the contact pins). What's more ? if you are using iOS app v1.0.28, it will popup a message box to tell you that "there is a communication failure of the battery, be careful when flying and come back asap" and sth. like that.

PS: Phantom 2 Vision is a "Ready To Fly" "Ready to Capture" "Ready to Share" thing. But still, it is an aircraft, keeping the contact needles and pads clean is very important. Any dirt and dust may cause a communication failure.

c) 2nd Level Low Battery Warning is set to 15% instead of 20%.

d) We add another level of protection, as stated in section b). That is, despite of the 1st and 2nd battery level warning, there is another hidden "level" which uses 10.65V as the threshold. Either this voltage threshold and 2nd Level Low Battery Warning will trigger the auto-landing. (Of course, you can still maintain the altitude by pull up the throttle stick.)

e) Other minor bugs fixed.

3. Special Notes:

a) Must use the latest PC Assistant Software (v1.05)
b) Must upgrade both Autopilot (v1.05) and Central Board (v.1.0.1.18)
c) Before switching to Naza-like Mode, you need to update autopilot and central board first.
d) Latest Cell Phone App is under review by app stores, the only major difference will be, by using earlier version app, you won't get the popup message "battery communication failure". But it really doesn't matter that much. The review takes about 1 week.

For more information , please visit DJI website or reach your sales representative, thanks!
UAVProducts is online now Find More Posts by UAVProducts Site Sponsor

So apparently while you might still get the invalid battery problem they've made it so you can still fly and land properly.

Pull_Up said:
Aaaaaand I need some help!
Downloaded the updates, had a look around, changed to NAZAM mode to get IOC and other goodies. Noticed you can use the bottom-most S1 to select failsafe, nice. All lovely.

Power cycled everything and now I get my first ever invalid battery! Never had it in flight, and my contacts looks lovely and clean compared to some other pics I have seen. Nevertheless I clean with alcohol, put it back in, power cycle a couple of times and finally presto - I can see my battery status and change the alarm settings to give a bit more range.

Then I notice the Receiver has an update available (must have missed it before). Try to update, it keeps failing. Then I notice it says "Current version 0.0.0.0 - Upgrade 1.0.1.3". Keeps failing. It throws up the big red "only for use with Tx version blah" but I've already had the back off the Tx and done that.

I have tried with Tx on, with it off - I can't see any small flashing link light to say it's lost link but the fact it's showing version 0.0.0.0 implies to me it's gone gaga. :cry:

Everything else is latest version, but the Rx appears to have gone awol. Anyone familiar with Naza's know how I can get it back or is this going to be a back to dealer job? Gutted, as it was flying so nicely and now it's a bit of a dead duck. Not sure what else to try, so over to you guys!

Just an idea, could you switch back to the Phantom Vision mode again (same Tab) and then try the receiver upgrade from
there. Maybe it needs doing before it thinks it is a Naza M with a different receiver !

Dave

d) Cell Phone App is upgraded to (iOS App: v1.0.28 Android App: v1.0.33), they are now under app store reviews.

Thank you a thousands times

the update process is a 4 step process
first you hook up the PV and update the driver
then it sees that your firmware is old
then it updates that, or lets you know it needs updating
then you update the first firmware
then you update the auto pilot
then you cycle the PV

THEN IT ALL WORKS AGAIN

Their instructions was not all that clear

k
blueskycam

wildcatter said:

Thank you a thousands times

the update process is a 4 step process
first you hook up the PV and update the driver
then it sees that your firmware is old
then it updates that, or lets you know it needs updating
then you update the first firmware
then you update the auto pilot
then you cycle the PV

THEN IT ALL WORKS AGAIN

Their instructions was not all that clear

k
blueskycam