Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v1.05

Studiowise said:
whitewatersalvo said:
Good to know it works thanks for posting.
still thats another ~$300 in software and antivirus to tack onto the $1200 - and I have to learn windows again now!

BTW can you actually buy windows 7 anywhere?? All I can find is windows 8

in that case just buy a cheapy laptop on ebay that has win7 loaded, then put it back on ebay and sell it for the same, or a touch less. total cost $30?

in fact, go on ebay and buy one of the millions of reconditioned business desk pc's for $150 then stick a DJI sticker on it and have it as your own dedicated Phantom flight control PC system :lol:

Mactab said:
Thanks guys for your help.
Downloaded assistant V1 courtesy gpauk and the final bit of the upgrade worked.
This is what user forums are all about. Help and advice.
Fingers crossed for successful flying

great news, enjoy it...

I updated and didnt fly it yet! its raining like crazy! uff

Did some flying in the last 30 mins. Course lock on, camera facing me. Keep flying away, and higher. All ok...
All the time going left and right from time to time, so I can tell CL is on as it's facing me and left is left, without CL that would be reversed.
Got to about 500 feet distant, 300 feet up, still ok. Reduce altitude.
Suddenly -- left stick movement makes it go right. CL has stopped. Grab the binocs - the leds instead of flashing amber / green are now flashing green, so it thinks CL is off too, although S2 is still set for CL. No control or video link loss was shown.
Flick CL off and on with S2. Lights resume CL mode, flying returns to CL mode, and it's remembered the course lock direction.

I repeated this by flying at about 100 feet out, CL on, camera to me. Left stick is left. I then walked indoors and into the next room. No loss of video or control link, the picture didn't flicker.
Walk back outside and I don't need to test - I can see the leds are now green flash.

So -- be careful! It can drop out of CL!

My Phantom 1 has always been rock solid in CL....

Aaaand I'm back.... and she lives! Thank flip for that. :shock:

I had a quick response to my query to my dealer (Simon at firstpersonview.co.uk responded on Saturday night - great service, thanks!) who forwarded to DJI. He came back to me today with some feedback from them to try and reflash everything in a certain order. They alos showed me a screenshot that showed exactly the problem I had (rx showing 0.0.0.0 as it's firmware) so I was hopeful as they'd obviously been able to replicate my issue.

Sadly reflashing everything in the "correct" order did nothing, but I did find skulking in my Downloads folder the .zip of the original 1.01 Assistant software. So with nothing to lose I loaded that up again, connected the Vision, it said I needed to update my rx - and in about 11 seconds flat it had done it successfully! I power-cycled and we were in business! A quick tx recalibrate and everything was working fantastically (subject to a test flight when the weather breaks, but all signs are good on the ground). I forgot I'd switched to NAZA mode and the 3 flashing red led's meaning no satellite lock threw me as I was looking at the Vision LED guide, not the NAZA one! Once I'd remembered and looked it up it was all good.

Thank goodness, and thanks to all who chipped in with suggestions. I'm keeping hold of the 1.01 Assistant software now, so if anyone else has issues with 1.05 let me know and I'll send it along if you haven't got it.

Right, large glass of red to celebrate, methinks! :D

mitchsden said:
Yes it seems to now have GPS-Atti and Atti Mode

You can now switch on IOC :)

Battery 2nd warning now 15%

I updated everything including the controller and I double checked... no way that I saw to turn on or off the IOC for me. Kinda of a non issue for me anyway possibly because I am new and probably need the easiest set up anyway. But I would like to be able to access it at least.

******update***** got it figured out. I'm good on advanced functions. Thx.

Also after all these up dates for some reason now my sticks don't seem centered. It doesn't hover as well. It want's to drift backwards. I have to pull stick forwards to compensate. Also have some drift to the right but much smaller. It makes it hard to hover and I have to watch it constantly every second. Kinda a bummer. I'm sure I need to adjust something but this is all so new to me that I am in overload for today.....

James

Pull_Up said:
Have you done a transmitter calibration from within the Assistant? All you need to do is hit start on the calibrate page and then move both sticks to all the extremes (do big circles) a few times, then let go and click finish. You should then have nicely zero-centred controls.

Shows they are centered after I calibrated them. I did it twice. Not sure what it's deal is. Or mine (most likely). I'll try again soon. I'm on duty the next 2 days. Maybe between now and then I'll find an answer. Thx for help.

James

This is a quote from the new Phantom release notes dated 18th nov

Special Notes:
a) Users must upgrade both of the Remote Controller and Receiver. Upgrading only one of them will result in potential communication failures.
b) The hidden USB port is located inside the Remote Controller. Follow the video guide on the Remote Controller.

So presumably we are going to get a video to show us all how to upgrade.
Hang on in there guys

martindale said:

Special Notes:
a) Users must upgrade both of the Remote Controller and Receiver. Upgrading only one of them will result in potential communication failures.
b) The hidden USB port is located inside the Remote Controller. Follow the video guide on the Remote Controller.

Hang on in there guys

I didn't find it too tricky to get the back off. Open up a bit of a gap at the bottom then wiggle the whole back panel left and right whilst pulling it down (away from the aerial). The back panel piece then just slips from under the collar at the antenna base. Refit is the reverse, making sure not to pinch the (rather thin) wires running from the battery compartment to the main board. Hopefully there won't be a need for further tx updates, though, as although it's not too tricky once you have the knack it isn't quite as elegant as it would have been had they stuck the usb port on the outside!

Mine was a bit tight, but came apart without any breakages :)

Couple of pictures may help

Attachments

• DSC01675.jpg
    DSC01675.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 726
  • DSC01679.jpg
    DSC01679.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 756
I had to disassemble the Transmitter ("controller") to get at the micro-USB connection. Tricky, IMHO.

After attaching the USB cable to my PC and powering up the Transmitter Windows 8 issues the usual multi-note sound to acknowledge a USB device is attached. I then run P2V Assistant Software (v1.05) and it just sits at the splash screen with the typo. I gave it a few minutes but the GUI never appears. After getting bored with that I click Skip. At the Upgrade screen it just lists "Main Controller" with blanks for all the columns except "No updates" under Upgrade. Since "No Upgrades" is a hyperlink I click on it and an error message appears saying "Please connect to the controller!" Hmm. :?

I was able to successfully upgrade all the firmware in the P2V so I know the software and USB connection are working, at least in that instance.

Has anyone here had this experience or know the solution? I don't want to disassemble the controller again for fear of breaking the antenna or its connection, yet with the Release Note saying both controller and receiver must be updated I figure I must update the controller. Halp! :eek:

Pull_Up said:
Sorry, I may be misunderstanding you but you need to use the Phantom RC Assistant software to update the transmitter, and the Vision Assistant software to update the aircraft. 2 different bits of software...

DOH! :eek:

If it's that simple, wonderful! After I return from a meeting I'll try it. Thank you VERY MUCH.

Anyone else having this issue? I am, found others on RC Groups with same issue. See below.

Now I have battery issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've done all the updates and had two good days of flying....then....

I thought I might have escaped the battery problem, but last night I went out for an early evening flight and got a red flashing battery icon even though it showed 85% A few seconds later I got the alarm and red flashing lights on the Vision and then it started to land. I was able to keep it in the air and make it back over 250 feet and land safely. I pulled the battery and cleaned the contacts and started again. Same thing.

I put the battery on the charger and started re reading the manual.

Tonight I connected to the Assistant to make sure my values were the same, and all was good. Took it out for a flight and again at 85% I got the flashing red battery and then flashing lights on the P2V and Alarm on the iphone 5s.

I reconnected to the Assistant and changed to NAZA mode and moved my battery 1st alarm from 20% to 21% to try to force a reset of sorts. Re calibrated compass as well.

Launched again and within 10 seconds got the red death. Still able to land safely. Bummed. Any suggestions?

I'm not getting an invalid battery warning either. The battery icon just starts flashing red.

rcdishman, I have had the exact results after updating the software. Battery down to 75% and the red lights flashing and trying to land. No invalid battery, and it was an ittermitent alarm, back and forth every couple seconds. My first experience was over a lake, lucky to get it back to dry ground. Haven't flown it again. Will try doing a round of cleaning and dielectric grease on the pins this flight to see if it occurs again.

martindale said:

Special Notes:

Hang on in there guys

Have you got link to video guide for this please

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj