Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v1.05

mitchsden said:
Pull_Up said:
Aaaaaand I need some help!
Downloaded the updates, had a look around, changed to NAZAM mode to get IOC and other goodies. Noticed you can use the bottom-most S1 to select failsafe, nice. All lovely.

Power cycled everything and now I get my first ever invalid battery! Never had it in flight, and my contacts looks lovely and clean compared to some other pics I have seen. Nevertheless I clean with alcohol, put it back in, power cycle a couple of times and finally presto - I can see my battery status and change the alarm settings to give a bit more range.

Then I notice the Receiver has an update available (must have missed it before). Try to update, it keeps failing. Then I notice it says "Current version 0.0.0.0 - Upgrade 1.0.1.3". Keeps failing. It throws up the big red "only for use with Tx version blah" but I've already had the back off the Tx and done that.

I have tried with Tx on, with it off - I can't see any small flashing link light to say it's lost link but the fint it's showing version 0.0.0.0 implies to me it's gone gaga. :cry:

Everything else is latest version, but the Rx appears to have gone awol. Anyone familiar with Naza's know how I can get it back or is this going to be a back to dealer job? Gutted, as it was flying so nicely and now it's a bit of a dead duck. Not sure what else to try, so over to you guys!

Just an idea, could you switch back to the Phantom Vision mode again (same Tab) and then try the receiver upgrade from
there. Maybe it needs doing before it thinks it is a Naza M with a different receiver !

Dave

Thanks Dave, pretty sure I put everything back and tried relashing all updates but RX still shows 0.0.0.0 before and after and won't accept new update. Of course I may not have tried it as I've lost count of all the permutations I did. May try again tomorrow in the for light of day and make sure I did. It only there was a reset button! I still have no idea why mine failed and everyone else is updating fine. Karma for not having the battery error I expect...

Do I need to update these two first???

5.8GHz Remote Controller V1.0.2.22 2013-11-05
5.8GHz Receiver V1.0.1.3 2013-11-05

tanx...
-slinger[/quote]

i did not touch those. also after you do the first update, you may have to unplug and replug the copter then go on to the auto pilot update.

Pull_Up said:
Downloaded the updates, had a look around, changed to NAZAM mode to get IOC and other goodies. Noticed you can use the bottom-most S1 to select failsafe, nice. All lovely.

Power cycled everything and now I get my first ever invalid battery! Never had it in flight, and my contacts looks lovely and clean compared to some other pics I have seen. Nevertheless I clean with alcohol, put it back in, power cycle a couple of times and finally presto - I can see my battery status and change the alarm settings to give a bit more range.

Then I notice the Receiver has an update available (must have missed it before). Try to update, it keeps failing. Then I notice it says "Current version 0.0.0.0 - Upgrade 1.0.1.3". Keeps failing. It throws up the big red "only for use with Tx version blah" but I've already had the back off the Tx and done that.

I have tried with Tx on, with it off - I can't see any small flashing link light to say it's lost link but the fact it's showing version 0.0.0.0 implies to me it's gone gaga. :cry:

Everything else is latest version, but the Rx appears to have gone awol. Anyone familiar with Naza's know how I can get it back or is this going to be a back to dealer job? Gutted, as it was flying so nicely and now it's a bit of a dead duck. Not sure what else to try, so over to you guys!

I had the exact same problem when trying to update from my Windows 8 laptop. I tried at least 6 times, and always the same, update failed.

So I tried it on my Windows 7 desktop, and it worked perfectly. Updated the RX firmware to 1.0.1.3. Interestingly, the RX update seemed to take a long time on my Windows 8 laptop and failed every time. On my Win 7 desktop, the update took at most 20 seconds and worked the first time.

This maybe a really silly question, but as my Vision has never been hooked upto a PC and the Assistant, what update sequence do I and anybody else that needs to update, need to follow?

I don't seem to able to find any DJI procedures to do this!

Also, how do you get the TX apart, I've undone the four screws, but the top part, where the antenna goes in, just won't come apart!

I have to say that I am stunned by DJI's response to this problem. Their total silence to all the customers who bought the Vision, has been atrocious. Now that they have released the update, they Appear to have no tutorial support to help customers install the new update?

You'd have thought that they may have had a video tutorial ready, so when the update was made available, customers could then view the video tutorial to guide them through the process.

So instead, we have to rely on the good people of this forum instead. So if anybody can maybe post a walk through of the process, that would be greatly appreciated, not by me, but anybody else who wants help doing the update.
Cheers

lylet said:
Pull_Up said:

I have tried with Tx on, with it off - I can't see any small flashing link light to say it's lost link but the fact it's showing version 0.0.0.0 implies to me it's gone gaga. :cry:

I had the exact same problem when trying to update from my Windows 8 laptop. I tried at least 6 times, and always the same, update failed.

So I tried it on my Windows 7 desktop, and it worked perfectly. Updated the RX firmware to 1.0.1.3. Interestingly, the RX update seemed to take a long time on my Windows 8 laptop and failed every time. On my Win 7 desktop, the update took at most 20 seconds and worked the first time.

Interesting, thanks. Only Windows OS I have access to is my wife's work laptop, running XP! Everything else seemed to work fine, just not the RX update, Maybe I need to find someone with Windows 7?!

Shedracer said:
This maybe a really silly question, but as my Vision has never been hooked upto a PC and the Assistant, what update sequence do I and anybody else that needs to update, need to follow?

I don't seem to able to find any DJI procedures to do this!

Also, how do you get the TX apart, I've undone the four screws, but the top part, where the antenna goes in, just won't come apart!

I have to say that I am stunned by DJI's response to this problem. Their total silence to all the customers who bought the Vision, has been atrocious. Now that they have released the update, they Appear to have no tutorial support to help customers install the new update?

You'd have thought that they may have had a video tutorial ready, so when the update was made available, customers could then view the video tutorial to guide them through the process.

So instead, we have to rely on the good people of this forum instead. So if anybody can maybe post a walk through of the process, that would be greatly appreciated, not by me, but anybody else who wants help doing the update.
Cheers

the top bit of the transmitter does come apart, it more a case of lift, pull back and wiggle one half so that it comes out from under the 'collar' at the top. don't however separate the two halves too far though as there are wires connecting the two halves. there is a mini usb connection facing upwards on one if the bottom units.
you will need to download the Phantom Assistant software to do this. THIS IS DIFFERENT TO THE PHANTOM VISION ASSISTANT software that you will also need to download. As i type this, its currently v1.05.

make sure you've downloaded and installed the relevant operating system drivers for the version of windows you're using

update the tx first using the assistant software

then disconnect the tx and pop the usb connector into the vision instead
run the phantom vision assistant software and when up and running, connect the usb to the PC
power up the vision and your vision assistant software should show its connected to your device
go to the info tab and check what updates are showing as available
update each one and do any power recycles requested
when complete you should see a few different options available (unless you've never seen any in which case they will all be new!)

if you're running the latest version then at the top of the software there is a 'button / label' that will currently be saying PHANTOM VISION and if you click it, it will change to NAZAM. If you accept the change prompted then you will have even more powerful and advanced setting to adjust such as IOC etc

hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 591
Studiowise, your a star, followed your instructions and all went well. Really appreciate your help and I'm sure it will help others as well. Looking forward to flying later today. :D
Cheers.

I'm a bit surprised at all the posts about taking the tx apart to update it. As far as I know there is no need to do this. I just connected my PV to USB, powered up the tx and then then wifi and PV. I was able to update the tx directly from the assistant software.

Of course, maybe I haven't and I'm missing something but it certainly shows up as a tx update.

TisiRaptor said:
I'm a bit surprised at all the posts about taking the tx apart to update it. As far as I know there is no need to do this. I just connected my PV to USB, powered up the tx and then then wifi and PV. I was able to update the tx directly from the assistant software.

Of course, maybe I haven't and I'm missing something but it certainly shows up as a tx update.

to clarify, for this latest update (1.05) there is no need to open the tx BUT if you've never done any updates AND ARE STILL FLYING OUT OF THE BOX then there is an update necessary to get the tx up to a level BEFORE you update the Vision to be IOC capable.

The ONLY way to update the TX is to open it up, connect a mini USB to the TX and your PC and then run the update via the Phantom Assistant (it cannot be done by the Phantom Vision assistant software)

Shedracer said:
Studiowise, your a star, followed your instructions and all went well. Really appreciate your help and I'm sure it will help others as well. Looking forward to flying later today. :D
Cheers.

me too! (weather permitting :roll: )

Can somebody with experience please post a step by step guide on how to upgrade an out of the box P2V, for us noobs?
Thanks!

Monster2 said:
Can somebody with experience please post a step by step guide on how to upgrade an out of the box P2V, for us noobs?
Thanks!

have you actually read the whole of this thread? have a look at a reply i posted about half way down page 3 of this thread

lylet said:
Pull_Up said:

Also I had same problem when I tried update my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit laptop. But on my old Windows Vista 64-bit laptop the RX firmware update to 1.0.1.3 works fine.

Studiowise said:
Monster2 said:
Thanks!

have you actually read the whole of this thread? have a look at a reply i posted about half way down page 3 of this thread

Actually, I missed that post.
Sorry, and thanks!

All upgraded fine here -- I had already done the Tx and Rx updates last week.

Done with a old laptop running Win XP...

It's great to have the ioc running -- I like using course and home lock, and being able to switch in and out during a flight. Handy when you've flown out a long way...

yanimage said:
lylet said:
Pull_Up said:

Also I had same problem when I tried update my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit laptop. But on my old Windows Vista 64-bit laptop the RX firmware update to 1.0.1.3 works fine.

This has worked for me.

I have a windows 32 bit and it worked suddenly.

I had to reconnect the transmitter.

I just performed the updates and it went without a hitch. I'm in NAZAM mode. If I keep both switches in the up position, nothing has changed except the information given out by the light sequences... Correct?

-Slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj