Phantom 2 unexpected crash

Reaction score
hi, my phantom vision 2 plus crashed for no reason, luckily I wasn't up too high, no visible damage caused but when I got it all cleaned up when I powered it up only 3 motors started but the fourth motor only spins briefly when I power on the battery for no reason, the light on the motor which isn't working is solid green while the other is flashing, also small led red light is on, and ideas what could be wrong? Thanks

Esc failure!
Those are ver. 2.1 ( electric speed control )
If your craft is a plus.
This should fix your motor issue ( and most likely cause of the crash )

Small red led ( on belly of craft ) if I'm on the right track?
Is your linking button ( it is used to link to your Tx )
( turn craft only on ( NO PROPS )
Press and hold red button until it turns yellow
Then turn Tx on it should link to craft. And light should turn off.
Unless your receiver is damaged?

NOTE: while your craft is opened to solder in new esc, for your repair, use this time to inspect everything, starting with your GPS Ceramic antenna, these like to CRACK in a crash, and will keep you from acquiring satellite lock. Then inspect all connections wiring, look for anything broken or Jared loose, if all is well, and esc repaired, do a test run ( top still off ) NO PROPS, gps wire plugged in, see if she starts up, and you can engage motors! If all is good, reassemble

NOTE:
After any crash or new parts ( wired parts ) it is always good to RECALIBRATE IMU ( advanced )
Keeping craft level ( all directions ) and stable, no wobbling about! Wooden table is best ( I use a cube level ) here is a pic
IMG_1849.JPG

And a piece of glass across the 4 motor posts!
But not that critical!
( I believe anything worth doing, is worth doing right! ) but that is me!
Then outside for a fresh compass calibration!
She should fly like a dream!

J Dot
:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl