Phantom 2 controller help

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a pre modded phantom 2 controller v2. Powers up ok, connects to computer recognized as a usb device and charges, light under drone turns green when controller is on and red when turned off. However, zero reaction onndrone when I try and start the motors, and zero reaction in rc system software (no readings) I am attaching a picture of what the inside looks like, womdering if I can do anything myself to try and fix this

Attachments

• 20200315_193631.jpg
    20200315_193631.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 203
Been awhile since I’ve messed with a P2 but have you tryed to bind the controller to the drone.

Reactions: Rushfanyyz
Been awhile since I’ve messed with a P2 but have you tryed to bind the controller to the drone.
Yes, I believe it binds, as when I first tried the controller the button underneath the drone was flashing red. After binding it turns green when controller is on, and red when controller is off. I should note the drone is originally a phantom 2 vision 5.8ghz, which I have swapped out receiver board for a regular phantom 2 2.4ghz rx, and the remote is a "new" (older) 2.4ghz controller

Well I would say you issue isn’t in the controller but from doing the work in the bird. But like I said it’s been awhile
since I’ve been in one and never tryed what you did but maybe someone will come along shortly that can help you.
Sorry me no help.

Ok, got the directional sticks working, but cant get the gimbal to respond. I'm following the steps in this video starting around 4:50
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dirkclod
Still not luck getting the gimbal to respond or the gimbal control read in vision assist software. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Still not luck getting the gimbal to respond or the gimbal control read in vision assist software. Any ideas?

I'd like to see the face side of the controller.

Hi, I bought a pre modded phantom 2 controller v2. Powers up ok, connects to computer recognized as a usb device and charges, light under drone turns green when controller is on and red when turned off. However, zero reaction onndrone when I try and start the motors, and zero reaction in rc system software (no readings) I am attaching a picture of what the inside looks like, womdering if I can do anything myself to try and fix this

Have you bound it to the quad ?

Also windows 7 and 10 don’t see the driver installed correctly and need to have the driver forced installed

Have you bound it to the quad ?

Also windows 7 and 10 don’t see the driver installed correctly and need to have the driver forced installed
Hi, what do you mean by that, could you elaborate?

I suspect my answer MAY be with the gimbal software, but gotten nowhere with it yet!

Hi, what do you mean by that, could you elaborate?

I suspect my answer MAY be with the gimbal software, but gotten nowhere with it yet!

Take a photo of the front of your controller so we can see what mod was done as the wiring done is a nightmare and of no help.

Sorry but none of those photos have anything to do with P2 controller. If you can not figure out what modification was done to the controller installing a gimbal won't help turn on your P2. Plus some of the other problems you mentioned.
My bad, I read it quickly earlier. I have the controller working fine for flight, but cannot get the wheel to control the gimbal pitch. I suspect it may have to do with the simplebgc gui software?

Sorry but none of those photos have anything to do with P2 controller. If you can not figure out what modification was done to the controller installing a gimbal won't help turn on your P2. Plus some of the other problems you mentioned.

Attachments

• 20200317_224016.jpg
    20200317_224016.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 152
I suspect, if you look at this screen and the wiring in previous pictures, the pitch control may be tied in here? Any pointers? I have no clue what channel it would be...

Attachments

• 20200317_224448.jpg
    20200317_224448.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 150
I suspect, if you look at this screen and the wiring in previous pictures, the pitch control may be tied in here? Any pointers? I have no clue what channel it would be...

You'll find more info in your PM.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31