P4pro+I lost control of my drone

Reaction score
after a while yesterday I went to Glendale field and flew my P4pro+
usually it was easy to fly (not yesterday)
I am professional RC airplane crasher .
after flying I thought I will use return home botton that I did, but it went way too high, I can't see very well without reading glasses but I saw 160-170 meters
then I tried manually to lower the aircraft that I did , after my drone landed it flipped and fell on its top fill its motors with dirt and more importantly I lost my confident of flying it and getting beautiful pictures
will attach short video ( I have the full video)

I lost my confident of flying it
Your recorded flight data might help explain what happened
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it shows you.

Reactions: Slim.Slamma
If you were to down load your flight file, it would tell what really happened. What was your RTH set at? You got control, so that was working fine. I can only speculate, but when you landed, if you gave the throttle a little increase, it will flip over. I hate dirt. If I have to take off from dirt, I use a car mat. I personally hand catch to keep it away from dirt. I think the whole scenario from your post, is your ability and confidence. They flight records is the only way to know for sure.

As mentioned above, the flight records are the only true way to tell what actually happened. Looking carefully at the video though, the visual clues (grass and dirt motion, drone movement after touchdown) seem to indicate that you did not hold the left stick down long enough after touchdown to shut down the motors. In addition, you may then have applied throttle (left stick up) and/or left aileron (right stick to the left). If that was done prior to full motor stop then the drone would try to start moving as shown in the video.

after a while yesterday I went to Glendale field and flew my P4pro+
usually it was easy to fly (not yesterday)
I am professional RC airplane crasher .
after flying I thought I will use return home botton that I did, but it went way too high, I can't see very well without reading glasses but I saw 160-170 meters
then I tried manually to lower the aircraft that I did , after my drone landed it flipped and fell on its top fill its motors with dirt and more importantly I lost my confident of flying it and getting beautiful pictures
will attach short video ( I have the full video)

So the RTH was to high, you can change that setting, and it appears you managed to get it down but there was a good cross breeze as it landed and you started walking forward before you shut the engines down and the wind caught it and tipped it.

Thats about it, beginner mistakes , you always hand catch in the wind. You just hover above your head , reach up and grab the leg firm.

The sooner you get back up in the air the better .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the storm
coal

Don't lose your confidence. Everyone has a bad landing once in a while. The key is to learn from it. Was it windy at the time? Did you choose a suitable landing location?
As @AirMan05446 suggested, use a landing mat. I do for a number of reasons (prevent dirt from being kicked up, practice precision landing, cool visual on the descent, etc). The landing itself didn't look bad but perhaps you didn't execute the shutdown command properly and she caught a little air!

Now go get back in the air! (weather permitting of course)

Last edited:
So the RTH was to high, you can change that setting, and it appears you managed to get it down but there was a good cross breeze as it landed and you started walking forward before you shut the engines down and the wind caught it and tipped it.

Thats about it, beginner mistakes , you always hand catch in the wind. You just hover above your head , reach up and grab the leg firm.

The sooner you get back up in the air the better .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the storm
coal
Thanks , but there was no breeze, I had both control knobs pushed to middle to make the motor stops, that didn't and then that jump and flip around,
worse is today I tried to retrieve flight records that my drone now asking for software update and is totally locked
as soon as I be able to get some info, I will put it here and ask for your help

Thanks , but there was no breeze, I had both control knobs pushed to middle to make the motor stops, that didn't and then that jump and flip around,
worse is today I tried to retrieve flight records that my drone now asking for software update and is totally locked
as soon as I be able to get some info, I will put it here and ask for your help

You mean you had the control pushed down, correct not middle ?

what I meant was pushed both knobs to middle and lower part
isn't this the way to turn on the motors and also turn off the motors?
I was trying to turn off the motors while drone was on ground
it was not doing it and then jumped .......

what I meant was pushed both knobs to middle and lower part
isn't this the way to turn on the motors and also turn off the motors?
On landing, the best way to stop the motors is to hold the left joystick down for three seconds.
That avoids the tendency of the drone flipping as you experienced.
i-jC2xWJ7.jpg

The first time I tried to land, I flipped the drone. It happens. Fortunately, it didn't go far and I was landing on astroturf so it didn't get damaged. I didn't have much confidence back then and it was windy. Today, I don't fly when there's a lot of wind and I use a helipad to keep everything clean.

The first time I tried to land, I flipped the drone. It happens. Fortunately, it didn't go far and I was landing on astroturf so it didn't get damaged. I didn't have much confidence back then and it was windy. Today, I don't fly when there's a lot of wind and I use a helipad to keep everything clean.
Same thing happened to me , my drone flipped

Wow does everyone use both sticks to stop motor?I just use the left one down not towards middle and it works perfectly.I never ever never use auto land or even land. Hover slightly higher than yourself a few feet away Then walk up, grab with right hand and left lever down with left hand.To many crashes within 3ft from ground taking off or auto landing.When I take off it's up to 100 feet before I do anything nothing to crash into up there.Or at above your nearby trees.

I only use CSC for startup or emergency stop. Left stick down for 3 seconds is how I shut off too. I’ve noticed while on the ground moving the right stuck in different directions will actually cause the rpms of the motors to shift up and down, add in any sort tilt on the aircraft and it may attempt to over compensate and flip over. In the video it looks like it tried to take off again. Have you tried to replay the flight in dji go watching your stick movements at time of flip?

On another note, does anyone know for sure if leaving left stick full down while in flight will cause engine shutoff or will it simply descend? I’ve heard it will simply descend until it “senses” it’s on the ground, but too chicken to try it ?

I only use CSC for startup or emergency stop. Left stick down for 3 seconds is how I shut off too. I’ve noticed while on the ground moving the right stuck in different directions will actually cause the rpms of the motors to shift up and down, add in any sort tilt on the aircraft and it may attempt to over compensate and flip over. In the video it looks like it tried to take off again. Have you tried to replay the flight in dji go watching your stick movements at time of flip?

On another note, does anyone know for sure if leaving left stick full down while in flight will cause engine shutoff or will it simply descend? I’ve heard it will simply descend until it “senses” it’s on the ground, but too chicken to try it ?
to answer the last question
I did hold the left stick down a long time to bring my drone down, I used right stick to bring it to right location then landed it and then it flipped
I found flight log , still working to find how can I download anything, one thing I see is the drone went 170 meter up that equals 510 feet

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik