P4Pro DJI GO4 App crashing after update on my I-Pad

Reaction score
So I was getting ready to fly and my DJI GO4 app was acting weird, it kept closing before I could take off. I was running some diagnostics. Then I noticed it was just updating on its own, on the ipad. I waited, shut everything down and rebooted and restarted. Then I had to do the test. I opted to skip it. Got up in the air just 20 feet or so and the opened DJI GO4 app just shut down and closed. I opened it up again, while it was in the air. Decided to land, and start over. The app kept closing on me while in flight. I would open it up while in flight and the video was still recording. FInished my short flight 15 minutes and shut everything down. DEcided to take the test, but it kep shutting down and I had to open the app and retake the test. This happened three times. I got up to question 8 and it shut down and then never asked me to take the test again. I had all 8 correct so maybe that was enough. LOL. But still came home and just turned everything on, no take offs and the app continued to just shut down for no reason. I have OS 11.1.1 (15B150) and have held off updating to 11.2 as updating sometimes causes problems. I have not updated the database request from DJI either. Any thoughts on this problem?? It just started today and was working perfect yesterday.

Last edited:
My dji go app started closing and going to home page today also. Was fine yesterday, did not do any updates last night or today.

Google and you'll find some issues with iOS 11.1.1 about shutdowns. I'm having issues with 11.2 and the constant need to replug in the USB cable to keep GO 4.1.8 working and girl in Apple Store said to wait until 11.2.1 whenever that happens. Some seem to be having shutdowns with 11.2 also here: iPhone 6 keeps restarting after new iOS 11 update | Official Apple Support Communities

and 11.2 issues iPhone or iPad Crashing to a Black Screen as of Dec 2? Here’s How to Fix
Thanks for the reply.

I had the same issue the other day. Running all the latest firmware, iOS, and latest GO4. It kept shutting down in flight. I had a full battery so I hovered the copter nearby and rebooted my iPad. After that, it still continued to shut down. I then closed GO4 and continued with Litchi with no issues. I think a fresh install of GO4 will probably fix this, as it’s fixed other issues I’ve had in the past.

I had the same issue the other day. Running all the latest firmware, iOS, and latest GO4. It kept shutting down in flight. I had a full battery so I hovered the copter nearby and rebooted my iPad. After that, it still continued to shut down. I then closed GO4 and continued with Litchi with no issues. I think a fresh install of GO4 will probably fix this, as it’s fixed other issues I’ve had in the past.

I just re-installed it and will try it as soon as the weather permits me to go outside.

I tried a new GO 4 install along with several hard home button and on/off refreshes to no avail. In time, the issues came back. It's like GO 4 starts randomly forgetting stuff until it may crash out.

I even tried rolling back to 1.6.0 using GO 3 and then back into GO 4 up to 1.9.3 and it still is sometimes dropping part of GO. I can see in the About page where it will say "Aircraft version unknown" and if I unplug and replug the Lightning cable it comes back with the version number shown there. Same for the EXP three windows where I have them set with some curves, but they soon go to straight lines as if new, and then if I unplug and replug my EXP curves come back just that quick. Something with GO 4 or iOS 11 is seriously messed up. Some in the Apple forum say to roll back to iOS 10.3.3. Dunno.

I am having the same issues. I have a new iPhone 8 and the app is crashing while I fly and I have to visually fly/land it. I plugged in my old iphone 5s running 10.3.3 and have no issues flying. It must be an iOs thing. If anyone solves this, please post your resolution.

I am having the same issues. I have a new iPhone 8 and the app is crashing while I fly and I have to visually fly/land it. I plugged in my old iphone 5s running 10.3.3 and have no issues flying. It must be an iOs thing. If anyone solves this, please post your resolution.

What version of GO 4 is in your old phone with 10.3.3? Thx.

I am not quite sure how to tell what version of the djigo4 app i am runnung.

Drone doesn't need to be on for this, just the RC and Apple device.

Start GO 4 > Enter Device button > Press three dots in upper right > In General Setting window scroll all the way down to About and press. It will show About and under that App Version 4.1.8 or whatever you have.

Could be your older system is working better than the new ones with updates and maybe both DJI and Apple are at fault. I had zero issues when I got into Apple, but seems it is getting worse and don't know if it is Apple's fault or DJI with the USB matter.

I know with 11.2 the charging time is longer than prior iOS versions and it seems to be a common complaint in the Apple forums too.

I am running 4.1.18 on my 5s.... the same version I am running on my 8....

Well, that's interesting! :cool:

So iOS 10.3.3 on your 5S phone is working, and iOS 11.x (??) on your new iPhone 8 isn't working, and both with the same GO 4.1.8 version? I smell an Apple iOS rat in the mix.

I thought this thing of mine was working well before iOS 11 came out. My iPad is also taking forever to charge now since installing iOS 11 so something isn't right somewhere. Something must be interfering with the Lightning port and data connection somehow. Both my iPads are slow to charge and various cables aren't helping, other than unplugging them and plugging them back in and the the thing works for a while.

Wish I could get one iPad rolled back to 10.3.3 from 11.2, but I get some error 1394 message and the new iTunes isn't helping as they took off some of the app features in 12.7.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20