P4Pro and P3P+ Documentation

Reaction score
Just got my P4P+ and looking for documentation. The little elf sized, 2pt font is little comfort. All I see at dji is P4P and no Pro and nothing about Pro+ doc
Anyone got a link. . . currently 68 in the Que for dji support
Cookeinlh

Finally got to the front of the queue . . and this has been the "discussion" over the last 15 min on the dji CHAT!

• Hello, Ice here very glad to help you! What can I do for you?
  • 19:27
  • visitor1.png

YOur email access fails to SEND anything I've sold my DJI Phantom 4 (no dji care) and upgraded to P4P+. . . from drdrone.ca
    If I purchase DJI Care for the P4P+ does it cover my screen on the + model? I see no indication for the "PLUS" model that the screen is covered.

Also, I have also purchased a MavicPro. (not arrived yet). When I do get it in a week or so, how do I "unregister" my old P4, so I am no longer responsible for it's use. . . or missuse
    Thanks David
  • 19:30
  • visitor1.png

hello . . did you get that?
  • 19:32
  • visitor1.png

Are we in the midst of another Alien Invasion from "War of the Worlds" . . . is there ANYONE out there?
  • 19:33
  • visitor1.png

is there . . . anyone . . out there . . .?
  • 19:38
  • visitor1.png

sigh . . . Alone in the universe . . again . . .do I wait or . . . what . . . . . . after sticking i out through 68 in the queue . . is there life AFTER the queue

Hey Dave . . . Thanks so much . . . you need to set up your own dji Care . . you can beat these guys at their own game . . . still waiting for them but this manual or any reference to 4Pro and + were not on the DJI support pages and just found this like you did on the "4Pro" pges . . thanks again . . . still waiting for any info from the CHAT . . .so far just this warning I'll be disconnected if I don;t respond soon . . . eh?
  • Yes David
  • staff.png

Ice
    I am sorry about that
  • staff.png

Ice
    Let me go ahead and check it out
  • visitor1.png

ok
  • staff.png

Ice
    Let me back track a bit
  • staff.png

Ice
    Thank you
  • Dear customer, the chat will be ended in 5 minutes if we don't receive a response from you.
  • I responded by . . .I'm responding by "waiting"
  • 19:58 still NOTHING from dji but apparently still connected

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
THIS is nothing short of BIZAAR!!
Question to dji support . . . how do I de-register a P4 once I've sold it:
  • No, there's no other way to un-register once you register it with the drone.
  • 20:07
  • visitor1.png

Ok so what do I do when they come after me if the guy I sold it to brings down an aircraft
  • visitor1.png

and kills 200 people
  • staff.png

Ice
    Then same process David. If it fails and the reason is manufacturing defect then it's repaired at no cost. That is and will be determined back in our repair facility.
  • 20:09
  • staff.png

Ice
    Did you have proof about payment of the sale?
  • 20:10
  • visitor1.png

It was a cash deal . . . no. . . but maybe he'll send me one . . what good it that if he claims I was flying it . . at the time . . if it's registered to me
  • 20:13
  • staff.png

Ice
    Well you can always prove you're not there. Besides it will be his word against your word. You're not insight. You have your phone with you. Your friends. Acquaintance. These days, almost every corner has CCTV in them so you can always prove your whereabouts.
  • visitor1.png

I have no control over who he sells it to . . a year from now and incident and THAT serial number can be traced directly to ME! . . no cool . .
  • visitor1.png

. . .NOT cool
  • 20:16
  • visitor1.png

why would dji keep the serial number tied to the first owner? . . . makes no sense . . I don't have ANY interest in trying to defend myself, the sale of the bird . . . or where I was at a certain time . . . because dji can't delete a link between me and that serial number

After over an hour of CHAT with this guy "Ice" it's now 21:25hrs
  • I hear you David and what I can do is pass this feedback along to the management but remember, when you sold the aircraft, did you share with the buyer your personal email address and the password to go along with it?
  • 20:21
  • visitor1.png

No I stripped it and the iPad mini4 . . . so there should be no connection with my email, name or address . . . unless dji preserves it
  • visitor1.png

Can I chat with your supervisor . . this is a serious issue for thousands of owners
  • staff.png

Ice
    That's it!
  • 20:22
  • staff.png

Ice
    The flight record will be to attached to the DJI Go app which the NEW USER will be using.
  • staff.png

Ice
    You're already out of the equation.
  • staff.png

Ice
    Should you want to talk to a supervisor then I can give you a number. It's the one number we have for technical support.
  • 20:23
  • visitor1.png

Not if the police get hold of the machine and trace the serial number . . . they will connect it to me . . . and then I'm required to defend a whole bunch of things I don;t have any interest in
  • visitor1.png

Please give me the number

I'm confused. What are you asking them for exactly? The new user will have to login to their DJI account to fly the P4 you sold. It's not tied to you in any way. And the p4p and p4p+ share a manual.

Really?
Why do you clog up the support line with nonsense like that?

Sorry I thought it was instructive about how DJI deals with issues . . not very well. It's only one thread . . ignore it if it bothers you. It bothers me that DJI requires me to register my P4 serial number with my email and then tells me there is no way to de-register . . and it took over an hour to get a ridiculous answer

"Well you can always prove you're not there. Besides it will be his word against your word. You're not insight. You have your phone with you. Your friends. Acquaintance. These days, almost every corner has CCTV in them so you can always prove your whereabouts.

I should not have to defend my myself and involve friends or look up CCTV tape of me being somewhere else, when I don't even own the machine. . . that answer was ridiculous!

Really?
Why do you clog up the support line with nonsense like that?

This is not a nonsense . . . why should my email remain tied to a old machine I have no control over. And besides this could have been answered in 2 min after I contacted them. Instead it was over and hour that they wasted over an hour my time, gave very poor customer service, and ridiculous answers . . .After waiting through a queue of 68 people, it was over 40 min AFTER they answered the chat request. . . and this post was meant to show it. . . the "nonsense" could have been avoided if they had not answered the CHAT, with "hi, glad to help what can I do?" . . . and then disappeared and ignored me for half an hour.

I should not have to defend my myself and involve friends or look up CCTV tape of me being somewhere else, when I don't even own the machine. . . that answer was ridiculous!
As was your hypothetical situation.
The chat support people must be going stir crazy this week dealing with thousands of customers wanting to sort out connection issues with their Christmas Phantoms.
They are dealing with way more callers than usual as you can see from the waiting queue and they often aren't the best at sorting out technical issues with sometimes poor english skills.
Expecting them to come up with a solution to your hypothetical situation might have been a bit much today.

Reactions: David Cooke
Sorry I thought it was instructive about how DJI deals with issues . . not very well. It's only one thread . . ignore it if it bothers you. It bothers me that DJI requires me to register my P4 serial number with my email and then tells me there is no way to de-register . . and it took over an hour to get a ridiculous answer

"Well you can always prove you're not there. Besides it will be his word against your word. You're not insight. You have your phone with you. Your friends. Acquaintance. These days, almost every corner has CCTV in them so you can always prove your whereabouts.

You're not actually "registering" the P4P serial to you. You're activating it and logging in with your DJI account to fly it. So, when you sell it to someone else, they have to do the same otherwise they cant' fly it. This effectively "registers" it (in the manner you are speaking of) to the new owner. So DJI gave you the correct answer...

Reactions: David Cooke
You're not actually "registering" the P4P serial to you. You're activating it and logging in with your DJI account to fly it. So, when you sell it to someone else, they have to do the same otherwise they cant' fly it. This effectively "registers" it (in the manner you are speaking of) to the new owner. So DJI gave you the correct answer...

Fair enough . . . you should work for DJI . . Simple answer . . in effect it IS de-registered when the next guy registers that serial number . . . I can understand that . . . this guy Ice was practically useless over the period of an hour and a half

As was your hypothetical situation.
The chat support people must be going stir crazy this week dealing with thousands of customers wanting to sort out connection issues with their Christmas Phantoms.
They are dealing with way more callers than usual as you can see from the waiting queue and they often aren't the best at sorting out technical issues with sometimes poor english skills.
Expecting them to come up with a solution to your hypothetical situation might have been a bit much today.

No Hypothetical situation . . I just asked how is my name/email not associated with the serial number when I sell it . .This comes from an issue here in Toronto last year . . young guy lost his drone and a few days later police arrived at his door to return it. No charges but they simply went to DJI and got his address and email from the serial number . . . not cool if that relationship does not evaporate when you sell . . . but I understand the process now . . so no problem. Could have been a non-issue if I was not on hold for so long AFTER thay answered the Chat with nothing but "hi" for half an hour

This comes from an issue here in Toronto last year . . young guy lost his drone and a few days later police arrived at his door to return it. No charges but they simply went to DJI and got his address and email from the serial number
Do you have anything to support this?
I'd be interested to see because previously DJI have not made any information available to help return lost drones.

Sure, here is the youtube discussion by the kid who lost it.The police contacted DJI . . got his email and traced it to him. . To his HOME ADDRESS! . . that's the issue. I was mostly surprised the police were only interested in returning it to him and not charging him with "endangerment" by possibly hitting someone . . I think police are a LOT more concerned since last April

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He said DJI helped him get in touch with the police after the police contacted DJI about the serial and he also contacted DJI about his drone. DJI put the two together after seeing two submissions about the same serial number, and told him the police had it and he got in contact with them.

Nowhere did he say DJI gave his address or personal info or email address to the police. I've watched the video twice. If I missed it somewhere, tell me where it is in the video.

Reactions: Meta4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers