P4P Remote-requires ipad with cellular or no?

My wife's ipad3 with ios9 would not work with 3rd party apps like Litchi. Had to get a used 4 (no cell) to install. Have fun.

I too use my iphone’s Personal hot spot to get local maps to my non cell iPad and it’s not a pain at all. Once it’s set up the link is automatically established whenever both devices are on and near each other.

It is NOT necessary to turn off the hotspot on the phone between uses. Unless the link is in use, battery and data consumption is minimal to non existent.
Even when the link is established due to proximity, if the DJI app is off, no data is being transferred. In such cases, my IPad will select and use a faster WiFi link if available, leaving the hotspot un used for email, browsing etc.. Effortless and transparent.

In any case, once maps for a given location are uploaded to the iPad, they are stored in its cache memory and are there to use in flight even if there’s no link to the web at all.

Reactions: Capt KO
I spoke to Apple tech support yesterday and they said mini 1 goes up to ios 9 and mini 2 goes up ios 11so @Meta4 are you telling me that you know more than tc of the biggest corporations in the world!?!?

I spoke to Apple tech support yesterday and they said mini 1 goes up to ios 9 and mini 2 goes up ios 11so @Meta4 are you telling me that you know more than tc of the biggest corporations in the world!?!?
I've already answered your question and backed that up with proper advice from DJI.
Just guessing, but I suspect that I might know more about running a DJI app than some unknown employee of one of the biggest corporations in the world.
How large his employer's company is, isn't really relevant.
He might know something about his Apple products but does he know what speed processor and how much RAM the DJI app needs to run well?
Because that's what's important - not what operating system you can install on it.
Lots of users have used older iPads with disappointing results.
If you want to take advice on running DJI Go4 from some unknown Apple employee, that's your choice.

Dji Tech Support told me that go4 needs ios 10 not ios 14 and the best processor you can find on the market.

@Meta4 what's the oldest regular iPad you suggest to run DJI GO 4.
You'll be looking for an A8 chip as the minimum.
Pick something from this list:
iPad 2017A9
iPad 2018A10
iPad Air 2019A12
iPad Air 2 2014A8X
iPad Mini 4 2015A8
iPad Mini 5 2019A12
iPad Pro 2015A9X
iPad Pro 2016A9X
iPad Pro 2017A10X
iPad Pro 2017A10X
iPad Pro 2018A12X