P4P Obsidian just fell from 270' with no warning - Can anyone with Flightlog?

Reaction score
My Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian just fell out of the sky at 270' with no warning.

Is there anyone that can help me understnad why?

I was flying in a park with about 3 mph winds or less and it just lost connection and fell.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-04-23_[20-02-08].txt
    290.9 KB · Views: 417
go to DJI flight logs and see what they tell you.

Thanks!
I didn't see a DJI Flight logs, but I fond the Phantom Help viewer and it just stopped, died and fell.
I don;t see anything out of the ordinary at the end of the flight.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

I have not looked at your files, but I hope your didn't try to come down and back up at the same time. That shuts the motors down. Sometimes the battery is not seated and can pop out.

Thanks!
I didn't see a DJI Flight logs, but I fond the Phantom Help viewer and it just stopped, died and fell.
I don;t see anything out of the ordinary at the end of the flight.

DJI Flight Log Viewer
You're on the right track. Go back to your mobile device and follow the instructions for uploading the flight record. There may be clue as to what happened.

Rootman - No, I didn't try to come down, then back up at the same time from what i see on the flight video.
LarBear - Yeah, I looked at the flight log & didn't see anything. It just lost connection.

I'll call DJI tomorrow and get it on it's way back so I can get it replaced with the DJI Care Refresh.

LarBear - Yeah, I looked at the flight log & didn't see anything. It just lost connection.
I'll call DJI tomorrow and get it on it's way back so I can get it replaced with the DJI Care Refresh.
Whatever happened, it's not recorded in the flight data which has stopped before any hint of instability or falling.
Your battery was in good shape right up to the end of the data too.
About all we could guess at is a sudden loss of power.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Strange, as loss of RC connection telemetry, should create a RTH process (if that was set as the default). Does the flight log mention starting a RTH?.

If it got to around 10% of power, it should have tried to auto land.

It also doesn't sound as if the battery came out as you would have found it separately from the drone.

Paul Caldwell

Down and back at the same time will shut the motors down??

No not if aircraft is descending, which it senses. When it stops descending for 3 seconds (eg its landed, hand caught, in a tree - whatever the reason) it assumes it has landed and only then allows the motors to shut off.

Glad I read this post due to the backing up and descending thing. I would have done that, but now I know better. TYVM

Glad I read this post due to the backing up and descending thing. I would have done that, but now I know better. TYVM

Ok, I need help in my communication skills. Back up like a car back up. Don't back up and go down at the same time. DON'T PULL BOTH STICKS BACK AT THE SAME TIME.
You might also need to check the manual and do a little revision on how to start/stop the motors.
You will note that the method for stopping motors is different when the aircraft is in the air from when it is on the ground.
The manual shows quite clearly how you can shut down the motors in the air and it's not anything like what you've tried to describe.
Pulling both sticks back at the same time would only make your Phantom descend while flying backwards.
It would not stop the motors in flight.
Pulling both sticks down and in at the same time also would not stop the motors in flight.
Pulling the left stick down and in while also pressing the RTH button will stop the motors in flight.
i-QPpfzMV.jpg

You might also need to check the manual and do a little revision on how to start/stop the motors.
You will note that the method for stopping motors is different when the aircraft is in the air from when it is on the ground.
The manual shows quite clearly how you can shut down the motors in the air and it's not anything like what you've tried to describe.
Pulling both sticks back at the same time would only make your Phantom descend while flying backwards.
It would not stop the motors in flight.
Pulling both sticks down and in at the same time also would not stop the motors in flight.
Pulling the left stick down and in while also pressing the RTH button will stop the motors in flight.
i-QPpfzMV.jpg
Was it changed? I thought that was a problem that use to happen to cause quads to drop out of the sky, by pulling both sticks back?
I made sure I never did that.

Was it changed? I thought that was a problem that use to happen to cause quads to drop out of the sky, by pulling both sticks back?
It USED to be a problem if you pulled them back AND in (and is still true with my P3S) although I never figured out how anyone could do that in normal flight anyway.

The CSC was never both sticks straight back - it was as shown below:

screenshot69.png

This has to be done in a diagonal method. Left stick to lower left corner, right stick lower right corner. Simply down and back will not shut off the motors. I do this all the time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4