P4P Motors S/D and fell from Sky...Really!

[2018-01-27 10-45-47].DAT .......How many of these do you have from the date in the file? ( Highlighted in red)
Unless you made many flights that day, there should only be a few.

there were only 3 one is a BAK File ?...I've read that Airdata (even the more advanced versions) only gives you so much data how are you able to convert DAT files? After my "that will never happen to me" moment I can see there is so much more to learn...wish I would have dove in deeper in the beginning.

Give it another try. Still doesn't appear to be from the flight.

there were only 3 one is a BAK File ?...I've read that Airdata (even the more advanced versions) only gives you so much data how are you able to convert DAT files? After my "that will never happen to me" moment I can see there is so much more to learn...wish I would have dove in deeper in the beginning.

It looks like you had DJI Assistant package the same two files again - FLY046 and FLY047. Neither is an actual flight - they are probably just power up events since the crash.

I've read that Airdata (even the more advanced versions) only gives you so much data how are you able to convert DAT files?
Not using Airdata for .dat file conversion. If there were 3 files then you need the last one. You have already uploaded the first 2 twice.

Sorry, just a little slow here. Simultaneous posts....

Thanks Fly Dawg, I will hook up and extract all the DAT. files from the P4P and post reply on this tread... thank you for time and assistance... I think you are right on the DAT files, I have powered it up several times prior to downloading. The Flight File I uploaded to Airdata showed the actual flight not when I only turned the drone on ...

Thanks Fly Dawg, I will hook up and extract all the DAT. files from the P4P and post reply on this tread... thank you for time and assistance... I think you are right on the DAT files, I have powered it up several times prior to downloading. The Flight File I uploaded to Airdata showed the actual flight not when I only turned the drone on ...

The txt logs are only created for flights, whereas a DAT file is created every time you power up the aircraft. It can be hard to identify the correct file.

First time posting ...Slow hover @ 150 +/- ft. Alt. slight breeze over sunny snow covered ground sliding to the right for the Money shot when it just literally fell from the sky. Battery @ 97% what I gathered from Airdata slight voltage deviation in cell 3? could I have found the perfect storm and Phantom thought it had landed and S/D motors as the breeze caused lift? could the ground detection be to sensitive or hampered by snow and the IMU detected failure to descend and disarmed the motors as in a normal landing maneuver? Took out R.side landing ant/skid broke L side landing ant/skid and lower shell, tore off camera. was able to power up and retrieve DJI Assistant Export DAT file. also downloaded DJI Flight record. I will send in for repairs but would like to keep it in my possession until the cause of crash is determined. I just really want to know what happened. This site has been a godsend since I started my UAS life and from reading previous Threads their are some real Phantom Guru's out there who can assist me

Flight log:

Dropbox - P4P

None of that is likely, what is as others have stated more eventful is that your battery simply came loose , which is way more common than you know and here is why. We made a video to demonstrate how easy it is to blow it.
Approved Vendor: Phantomrain.org

Reactions: Picturememiami
Saw this video a while back and good tip for new pilots regarding inserting the battery correctly(two clicks) can easily be fooled the battery is secure.

None of that is likely, what is as others have stated more eventful is that your battery simply came loose , which is way more common than you know and here is why. We made a video to demonstrate how easy it is to blow it.
Approved Vendor: Phantomrain.org

Thanks for this my Obsidian (first phantom I'll be owning) is coming in tomorrow I know one thing to make sure to double check now!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT