P4P Motors S/D and fell from Sky...Really!

Reaction score
First time posting ...Slow hover @ 150 +/- ft. Alt. slight breeze over sunny snow covered ground sliding to the right for the Money shot when it just literally fell from the sky. Battery @ 97% what I gathered from Airdata slight voltage deviation in cell 3? could I have found the perfect storm and Phantom thought it had landed and S/D motors as the breeze caused lift? could the ground detection be to sensitive or hampered by snow and the IMU detected failure to descend and disarmed the motors as in a normal landing maneuver? Took out R.side landing ant/skid broke L side landing ant/skid and lower shell, tore off camera. was able to power up and retrieve DJI Assistant Export DAT file. also downloaded DJI Flight record. I will send in for repairs but would like to keep it in my possession until the cause of crash is determined. I just really want to know what happened. This site has been a godsend since I started my UAS life and from reading previous Threads their are some real Phantom Guru's out there who can assist me

Flight log:

Dropbox - P4P

You need to post a link to your Airdata upload or upload the file to here and post a link back.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

First time posting ...Slow hover @ 150 +/- ft. Alt. slight breeze over sunny snow covered ground sliding to the right for the Money shot when it just literally fell from the sky. Battery @ 97% what I gathered from Airdata slight voltage deviation in cell 3? could I have found the perfect storm and Phantom thought it had landed and S/D motors as the breeze caused lift? could the ground detection be to sensitive or hampered by snow and the IMU detected failure to descend and disarmed the motors as in a normal landing maneuver? Took out R.side landing ant/skid broke L side landing ant/skid and lower shell, tore off camera. was able to power up and retrieve DJI Assistant Export DAT file. also downloaded DJI Flight record. I will send in for repairs but would like to keep it in my possession until the cause of crash is determined. I just really want to know what happened. This site has been a godsend since I started my UAS life and from reading previous Threads their are some real Phantom Guru's out there who can assist me

Flight log:

Dropbox - P4P

Can you post the DAT file too?

I am suspecting another battery dislodge. Have seen a few of those lately. A bit disconcerting since they have all been P4's.o_O

how do I post the link back?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-01-14_[12-11-43].txt
    265.5 KB · Views: 328
    265.5 KB · Views: 304
    265.5 KB · Views: 310
You uploaded an empty folder. Try it again.

That is the uploaded and converted .txt file. We need the .dat file, preferably from the aircraft itself, but you can start with the one from the device. Share as you did via dropbox.

Yep, an earlier .dat.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj