P4P+ latest update

Downgrade to previous firmware update to solve the problems dji will release a new version soon I have read

Anyone having connection issues with the latest firmware?.... I keep loosing video feed... even doh the bars stay at 5...at 165 feet - 80 feet out

This sounds similar to what I have seen happen when the iPad or Android tablet has the Wi-Fi on, but not connected to an access point. Even the phone in your pocket can do this if the Wi-Fi is on and not connected to an access point. Flying on 5.8ghz can help alleviate the problem.

I tried,with DJI support line,and WE FAILED to upgrade m’y P4P+! It is a shame.I am happy to receive your reply,and having a NORMAL P4, I can make panoramas.but in 12 megapixels instead of 20! Do you think it is an acceptable situation,one month after the upgrade is used by spark,Mavic and all other P4 owners,except those using a P4 Pro +? DJI,i paid a lot for this drone! It is a question of principle,and of right.NO,DJI,I won’t abandon until it will be on my bright r.c.

I have found the new pano function to be excellent. The 34 image variant with raw+jpeg gives good overlapping raws and also covers a lot of the sky (angling camera upwards).

The speed is really impressive.

Manual exposure is advisible as it seems to collect exposure info when pointing towards ground giving a high risk of overexposure.

I get best results when mounting in Image Composite Editor

Edit: attached a sample 34 image 230 megapixel pano demonstrating the sky i mention.

Are the 34 images what the DJO GO app outputs when in pano sphere mode? If so what is the resulting megapixels stitching in app and not using an outside editor? Thanks

F69455A9-5AB1-442B-8CEB-075A590EC8AC.jpeg
Your not missing anything. I have the pano feature and it's crap. The P4P seems to produce a RAW and JPG file and did a 3x3 pano when I tried it. Both RAW and JPG seemed to have a strong tone curve added that was not present in my 'normal' raw files. Also, the overlap was not sufficient for LR or PS to stitch the resulting image.

I was far better off on older firmware doing the panos manually...

I repeat ... The above 180 pano was made with my P4P using in iPhone X as the DJI GO 4 device. The left side is 40’ directly to my left, the right side 40’ directly to my right. The rest, toward the center, is far away. An extremely hard type of pano to take. Especially when the scene is filled with very tall NH pine trees. In was extremely happy with DJI’s new pano feature. Maybe you need to be 74 years old to use it ... but I don’t think so. It was easy and performed far better than I expected! Maybe I just don’t understand your definition of crap. BTW ... Happy New Year. Enjoy your drone.

Are the 34 images what the DJO GO app outputs when in pano sphere mode? If so what is the resulting megapixels stitching in app and not using an outside editor? Thanks
Stitching in go gives a less-than-impressive 4096x2048 resolution in sphere mode.

For comparison, here is a 300mpix (24576x12288) p4p pano from today

Panorama

(sorry about the facebook-link, only viewer with no flash-requirement)

Notice the quite amazing amount of detail when zooming in.

Last edited:
I've also reverted to the previous version of the firmware due to the inverted image and colours being way off when pointing straight down.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr