P4P+ latest update

Reaction score
I am a 69 years old medical doctor,a very enthusiast photographer,using a Go-Pro4,a compact camera Canon G7xMll,a P4drone and a P4P+. Lastly,the 12/25/17,DJI upgraded the P4 firmware to V01.05.0300,witch permits different panorama modes.I cannot use it,my r.c.saying that I have the latest version (V01.04.0602).I tried to upgrade using my parameters:nothing to do...Am I the only dummy unable to fly without this upgrade? Please HELP someone,I am shy to call DJI support for that!

Reactions: laddben
The current remote controller firmware is 1.2.2.0. After installing that version, you'll then be able to update DJI GO separately from "Settings" --> "Application Setting" --> "Check for Update" (which will allow you to install DJI GO 4.1.15). Unfortunately, you won't be able to use the pano modes yet since that feature requires DJI GO 4.1.20 (or higher). We'll have to wait until DJI allows DJI GO 4.1.20 to be installed on the P4P+ remote controller.

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Anyone having connection issues with the latest firmware?.... I keep loosing video feed... even doh the bars stay at 5...at 165 feet - 80 feet out

Your not missing anything. I have the pano feature and it's crap. The P4P seems to produce a RAW and JPG file and did a 3x3 pano when I tried it. Both RAW and JPG seemed to have a strong tone curve added that was not present in my 'normal' raw files. Also, the overlap was not sufficient for LR or PS to stitch the resulting image.

I was far better off on older firmware doing the panos manually...

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Your not missing anything. I have the pano feature and it's crap. The P4P seems to produce a RAW and JPG file and did a 3x3 pano when I tried it. Both RAW and JPG seemed to have a strong tone curve added that was not present in my 'normal' raw files. Also, the overlap was not sufficient for LR or PS to stitch the resulting image.

I was far better off on older firmware doing the panos manually...
I have found the new pano function to be excellent. The 34 image variant with raw+jpeg gives good overlapping raws and also covers a lot of the sky (angling camera upwards).

The speed is really impressive.

Manual exposure is advisible as it seems to collect exposure info when pointing towards ground giving a high risk of overexposure.

I get best results when mounting in Image Composite Editor

Edit: attached a sample 34 image 230 megapixel pano demonstrating the sky i mention.

Attachments

• pano_sample2.jpg
    pano_sample2.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
The current remote controller firmware is 1.2.2.0. After installing that version, you'll then be able to update DJI GO separately from "Settings" --> "Application Setting" --> "Check for Update" (which will allow you to install DJI GO 4.1.15). Unfortunately, you won't be able to use the pano modes yet since that feature requires DJI GO 4.1.20 (or higher). We'll have to wait until DJI allows DJI GO 4.1.20 to be installed on the P4P+ remote controller.

Have you solved the tilt issue once the camera is pointed down ?

It also causes a strong orange/yellow tint to the still images. ( I am on Obsidian with a built in screen on the controller )

I need to solve this urgently since I can not provide my clients with images that are bright orange.

BR,

Antti

It also causes a strong orange/yellow tint to the still images.

Could you post a sample of this?

There should be no obvious color-cast unless you have some bad settings or odd light (indoors), but with a sample we could help to pinpoint the problem (which can theoretically be a bad sensor).

Yes I will once I get back to my computer.
the overcast pops up only on the images that are ”upside down”. In my opinion it is clearly related to the bug turning the image upside down once I point the camera down towards the ground, since it only occurs then. before the latest firmware update all was fine ... Ive seen lots of people complaining about this upside down issue in the different forums.
I really appreciate your help !
Antti Viitala

Here are the examples.

As you can see the ones that have turned upside down are the ones with the orange cast. Obviously I did not turn the bird around - neither did I change any settings. The images were shot few seconds apart from each other...

It is very clearly linked to the flipping problem discussed on different forums...

Obsidian and version V01.02.02.00

Problem only popped up after the firmware update...

I am cancelling my jobs with the drone before this issue is solved.

Any help really appreciated.

ANTTI VIITALA PHOTOGRAPHY

Antti Viitala
Bird On A Wire
[email protected]
Mobile Africa +27767131248
Mobile Europe +358500500087

Skype; peikkokki

1.jpg
2.jpg

Here are the examples.

As you can see the ones that have turned upside down are the ones with the orange cast. Obviously I did not turn the bird around - neither did I change any settings. The images were shot few seconds apart from each other...

It is very clearly linked to the flipping problem discussed on different forums...

Wow, it looks almost like in addition to the 180 degree rotation, some of the channels are inverted, but that is not it.

No idea how to save these.

hello and thank you.

i do not need to save anything. damage done.
I need to solve the problem to be able to use the drone.

If anyone has any ideas how to solve this. it is much appreciated.

maybe downgrading back to previous firmware ?

Anyone know how to do that ?

kind regards ,

Antti

So,,msinger,I understand that apart from clearer perspective piloting my P4P+,l paid more for less. I would even say that I would not hesitate to change m’y P4P+ for a P4pro.I could upgrade,like ALL other phantom pilots,Mavic and spark,and use Litchi!

Here are the examples.

Antti Viitala
Bird On A Wire
[email protected]

Skype; peikkokki

View attachment 93420 View attachment 93421
I updated Thursday and flew a job with the P4P+ I didn't notice the issue then. It was 67F here and I did shoot straight down.

However, I took it out today and had this issue happen as well. Today it is~20F. I thought it was maybe the cold. I was able to correct in post for the orange cast, but it won't work for every situation as it desaturates orange.

Did you notice a difference between using the button on the remote to point straight down and and using the wheel to manually move it down?

Hello Jeremy,

It does not have anything to do with temperature. I am in Cape Town and it is warm here.

I have not tested the button on the bottom of the remote yet, but I will...

I have used the wheel to manually move the camera downwards. Once I go all the way, the image turns 180 degrees on my display + causes this weird colour on the still images. I have not tested the moving images, since I am a stills photographer.

If and when the drone works, it produces images good enough from my perspective.
My main camera for stills is Hasselblad X1D. Obviously there is a long way to go if you compare the resolution and dynamics but as mentioned before, the quality is good enough for professional use if the drone works + you shoot RAW with right settings and tweak a little more dynamics and sharpening in PS...

Lets try to solve this problem and move on ; )

I´ll post obviously the "cure" if and when it is found. I have lost the wonderful images of the past four flights because of this issue and it is truly ANNOYING...

All the Best,

http://www.anttiviitala.com
Bird On A Wire
[email protected]
Skype; peikkokki

Attachments

• DJI_0051.jpg
    DJI_0051.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 286
I need it solves as well. I did notice that if I stopped just shy of a straight down shot, it worked without the orange tint. I was using the button when I experienced this. So the wheel and the button both result in orange raw photos and temperature doesn't seem to be a factor. Do post if you find a better work around.

18EBF0C8-62F4-454B-A433-AD1BF634ADD4.png
I’m 74 and love both photography (see site: www.schundlerphoto.com) and technology. I couldn’t resist testing the pano feature. Here is the result of a 180 degree pano. The stitching was done with Lightroom (not Photoshop) and the very close in trees on the right and left would have been a real challenge for any camera/post processing combination. I would give DJI and Adobe good marks. Seeing is believing.

Last edited:
So,,msinger,I understand that apart from clearer perspective piloting my P4P+,l paid more for less. I would even say that I would not hesitate to change m’y P4P+ for a P4pro.I could upgrade,like ALL other phantom pilots,Mavic and spark,and use Litchi!
Just buy a P4P standard RC for $319 and you can then have the best of both worlds! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl