P4 Firmware Firmware Update Failure/Camera not transmitting

Reaction score
Woulda, shoulda, coulda. I wish I had never attempted the update but.....

Hello. I have been reading lots of threads about firmware updates failing. I have a P4P and attempted to upgrade to the latest firmware version last night. The update downloaded successfully, but would not update. I have tried reverting back to previous firmware versions to no avail. It indicates my version is all zeros. I can fly the drone, but I now have a "no signal transmission" error and no image from the camera. I have no idea what to do except to send it off for repair. I have tried calibrating the gimbal and it gets to 50% and stops. I have not opened the drone up yet and I am hesitant to do so. Maybe a ribbon cable is loose? Still doesn't explain the inability to upgrade the firmware. I have done the following:

1. I've used Android and Mac to upload/update
2. I pulled the Sd card.
3. I've attempted the update a dozen times.
4. I've tried all the above with different batteries.
5. I tried using the DJI Assistant.

Can anyone suggest what I might try?

Thank you so much.

Chris

Are you updating using the GO4 app? Press the 3 bars for 10 secs, page top, on opening screen. The one with the phantom shown.

Please tell us what you find out.

Thanks!

Hello. I have been reading lots of threads about firmware updates failing. I have a P4P and attempted to upgrade to the latest firmware version last night. The update downloaded successfully, but would not update. I have tried reverting back to previous firmware versions to no avail. It indicates my version is all zeros. I can fly the drone, but I now have a "no signal transmission" error and no image from the camera. I have no idea what to do except to send it off for repair. I have tried calibrating the gimbal and it gets to 50% and stops. I have not opened the drone up yet and I am hesitant to do so. Maybe a ribbon cable is loose? Still doesn't explain the inability to upgrade the firmware. I have done the following:

2. I pulled the Sd card.

Thank you so much.

Chris

My problem is similar or the same. I have not used my Phantom 4 since the summer of 2019, at which time it was working perfectly. In the meantime, I removed the interface software from my iPad Pro to make some room (bad choice). So the other day, I decided to do a few aerial shots around my farmyard so I loaded the latest DJI Go software back on to the iPad. That went smooth enough but when I tested connection in the house before I went out, I noticed intermittent camera operation where the camera would show an image on my ipad, then a blank screen with a messaage saying "no signal transmission". Outside, the drone flew ok, control was ok, but no camera signal or control, except for the LH special function button which toggles between camera straight down and vice-versa. I contacted my dealer who suggested loading and running the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom. I did this, downloaded the latest firmware update for the P4, v02.00.0810 with no problem. But the update consistently hangs up at 36% complete. I then downloaded the previous version, v02.00.0700, which is the current version on the P4. It too would not update successfully, hanging up at 55%. My dealer thinks it is a hardware failure caused by the firmware update and would like me to send it in for repair. i find it hard to believe that a firmware update would cause a hardware failure. Any suggestions or ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks kindly. Alvin

I could never get my issue resolved, so I opted to send the unit back to DJI for repair. It was NOT under warranty although they did cover shipping to their facility. It turns out, I had a faulty video card. I was given no explanation as to why, but I think I know. One evening while trying to get the firmware update to complete, I had the unit on for an extended period, never considering an overheating scenario. I am thinking that I cooked by the video card, but not certain. DJI updated my unit to the latest firmware and replaced the video card. It cost $248USD. It works as designed now.

Reactions: Capt KO

2. I pulled the Sd card.

Thank you so much.

Chris

I carried out the latest firmware update on my Phantom 4 in late January 2020. The firmware installation failed and the camera stopped operating. All was working correctly prior to the update. I tried the DJI Assistant 2 to no avail to repair the issue. I then contacted Ferntech NZ Ltd and sent my P4 to them in early February 2020. I was inform by their repair technician that the 3-in-1 board needs replacing, at a cost of $580.00 NZD.

Did this happen because of the firmware update, or was the 3-in-1 board faulty?
All seems somewhat strange as everything was working correctly, even after the update I had full control of the P4, only the camera wasn't working. The camera commands all worked as well, there were stills and video files. When played back, just a blank screen. When powering up the P4, it went through all the self checks, as it normally does, the remote had a green light, the P4 link button had a green light then after a few seconds the P4 link button started flashing I believe in the sequence of Red, Green, Yellow.

Hope this information can help others if they experience the same issue.
Regards
Biggles NZ

wouuuu........... It seems that we are cooked. There is no way to fix this problem caused by an update, this is a scam

hi, I also was inform by repair technician that the 3-in-1 board needs replacing for same problem you had.
did your drone back to work after change the 3-in1 board ?

I fly a P4P. Everything was working fine and like a ding dong I updated my firmware. lt started up and pixelated and no video. I can't get my camera to transmit. Everything works, but no video transmission. Is my only option really to send it in? No update or work around?

I fly a P4P. Everything was working fine and like a ding dong I updated my firmware. lt started up and pixelated and no video. I can't get my camera to transmit. Everything works, but no video transmission. Is my only option really to send it in? No update or work around?
Does the camera still record to the card? As I understand it, If you overheated the video card during the update your only recourse is to repair it yourself or send to somebody. I've updated a few P4P myself without problems, guess I was lucky. Good luck

If I may ask a question here, but I have not flown my P4P since 2018 and everything is still on the ancient firmware (I have yet to boot it up since then, batteries and controller are charged as I kept them conditioned for the last 2 years properly, just haven't messed with it yet), and I am wondering if I should just run it the way it was when I put it away (dedicated tablet so no software updates either)?

I am picking up a set of DJI Goggles this friday and was hoping to get back into things. My mother loves the feeling of flying and the DJI Goggles will give her just that. I noticed my controller doesn't have HDMI output, so I was also considering buying a HDMI module and installing it as well, that way I can fly via the tablet and have her "enjoy" with the goggles via HDMI.

Is there a known "good" set of firmware I should be looking to run? Is any of the newer firmware revisions more "restrictive" or did they remove any features I would prefer to have in the older software/firmware, or are there any improvements they made that make it a "must update" type of situation?

I should probably post a new thread on this, but I figured I would ask here first.

If I may ask a question here, but I have not flown my P4P since 2018 and everything is still on the ancient firmware (I have yet to boot it up since then, batteries and controller are charged as I kept them conditioned for the last 2 years properly, just haven't messed with it yet), and I am wondering if I should just run it the way it was when I put it away (dedicated tablet so no software updates either)?

I am picking up a set of DJI Goggles this friday and was hoping to get back into things. My mother loves the feeling of flying and the DJI Goggles will give her just that. I noticed my controller doesn't have HDMI output, so I was also considering buying a HDMI module and installing it as well, that way I can fly via the tablet and have her "enjoy" with the goggles via HDMI.

Is there a known "good" set of firmware I should be looking to run? Is any of the newer firmware revisions more "restrictive" or did they remove any features I would prefer to have in the older software/firmware, or are there any improvements they made that make it a "must update" type of situation?

I should probably post a new thread on this, but I figured I would ask here first.
Leave the firmware if no problems. Make sure all batteries will still charge, including the Goggles. They go bad from sitting. For view only, Goggles can be attached using an inexpensive hdmi adapter to the remotes micro usb port. For more info, use the search or a new thread.

Thanks for the reply.

I already checked and found a prior suggested Aircraft firmware I will be rolling back to. I just need to find a source for the DJIGo4 4.0.8 APK and I should be all good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20