P4P+ issues - Again!

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I’ve just updated my p4p+ and controller - drone is now version 01.04.0602 and when I connect to my controller I am continually getting an alert saying “Data Update - Connect aircraft to update your data”. When I click update it is instructing me to connect my controller to my drone via USB cable however this doesn’t do anything (I’m assuming because it’s the plus version).

I’ve also noticed my maps have disappeared AGAIN after going through a fairly lengthy process to get them to work several months ago.

Is anyone able to make any suggestions how to resolve these issues??

Thanks.

connect the drone to the plus controller (they must be connected from micro usb to micro usb using both the provided cables), power on the drone, power on the controller and make sure it is connected to internet and try to update

if it does not succeed post a screen shot of the about tab in dji go 4 app to see what database versions are installed

You will need to do a factory reset of the Android device (built into the Plus) to get maps back (I had to do one after the last update).
And I believe I bounced back and forth a few times with the same "update message". It finally fixed itself, during one of the re-trys.

Reactions: Ben01
You will need to do a factory reset of the Android device (built into the Plus) to get maps back (I had to do one after the last update).
And I believe I bounced back and forth a few times with the same "update message". It finally fixed itself, during one of the re-trys.

*sigh*

Again. Really getting over this thing.

Ben01, I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way a couple of weeks ago when I finally got a chance to go fly and spent my time trying to get past the nag screen of entering my China phone number then the next weekend I went out and went through three batteries of flawless flying time. When it works, there is nothing it's equal.

Joe

So I did the reset - for some reason after reset it still holds the current firmware etc and all I had to do was re-log into dji go. Maps work fine now but still getting the data update error/ prompt!!

In my p4p+ box i had a 10cm cable and a 1 meter cable, you connect those 2 together and it will be a micro usb to micro usb

That's the way to update the NFZ database of the drone through the plus controller

In my p4p+ box i had a 10cm cable and a 1 meter cable, you connect those 2 together and it will be a micro usb to micro usb

That's the way to update the NFZ database of the drone through the plus controller

Mate, you’re a legend. I totally forgot about that little micro USB adapter I also got - it was buried in amongst other things in my backpack and I’ve just found it and successfully completely the NFZ update. Thank you mate [emoji106]

On a separate note - is anyone else getting that annoying notification about “spark users” every time they boot up the RC??

Truer words have never been spoken. :)

I have a feeling I'm about have to deal with DJI support. Not looking forward to that.

Good luck with that mate - I didn’t find them helpful in the slightest - even after stuffing around on chat with them for about an hour.

Get better help on here mate [emoji106]

So just as another “update”... I get home today from a full day shooting, turn on my controller to update my flight records and BOOM - says I have another update!!

So they’ve put out an update in this last 24hrs ???

So just as another “update”... I get home today from a full day shooting, turn on my controller to update my flight records and BOOM - says I have another update!!

So they’ve put out an update in this last 24hrs ???

It appears so and has not helped my issues with either P4P.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24