Would you buy the Phantom 4 Pro PLUS version again if you were aware of all of its limitations?

• Yes, the super bright display alone makes it worth the additional $300, plus frees up my cell

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No way! Can't install 3rd party apps including dji's own GS-Pro

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Probably, I see no use for any 3rd party apps that dji can't verify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd NEVER use the Go 4 app to create a Production, never!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I always pull my files from the Aircraft's Micro SD straight to my computer for POST

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is there a serious problem w/ a lack of access to the files that have been edited in the Go 4 app? The only options I found is strictly to share to Social Media alone. If I use the Go 4 app's Editor to produce a mini-movie "on the fly", there is no way possible to access that "Production" well, that I can find, other than sharing it to Social Media. I can't get move, copy, paste ANYTHING anywhere inside this app. I have yet to understand the reasoning for having the Micro SD card other than to perform a firmware update to the controller. The app seems totally useless. There's a Manage tab, oh great - wait, all you can do is rename the clip. There is NO useful file management to be found. There are additional tabs for under ALBUM. Album / Works / SD Card / Folder. I can't get anything over to the SD card. Its ALWAYS empty . . . Why? There's no option to get anything there.

My plans are to work in POST anyway, but in the event that you do something (say - an unplanned shoot) somewhere. BEWARE, the only option that you have at that time (or any other that I see), is to post it to social media. You can't copy it locally to the SD card, no cloud drive access, email capabilities etc . . . to transfer it to the outside world. PLEASE someone correct me on this if I'm wrong & set me straight. So frustrating over something so simple.

Otherwise, please add your gripes on the P4P+ ..... I can go on & on, (too late in the game since I bought it) - but I'd like to address this issue 1st guys. Can anyone help on this topic?

Last edited:
I cant even get my controller to edit the video. The editor threw up an error saying it didn't support the file type! total piece of crap

CaveMan, I never edit in the Go 4 app. My first attempt to use it showed it to be very limited in functionality. Also, that just edits the lower res copy of the video on my iPad, while the high res data is on the SD card inside the quadcopter. So I just take the micro SD card out of the bird after each flight, plug it into my laptop, copy the videos and images from the SD card to my laptop, and edit them in my favorite editor.
At first I assumed that you specifically wanted to use the Go 4 editor (and I don't know the answer to your question about that), but when you said that the only use you found for the Micro SD card is to do firmware upgrades, I thought that maybe you did not know that the SD card holds your videos and images. Forgive me if I misunderstood.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: TheCaveMan
Hi Keith, to clarify, yes, my intentions are to always use RAW files, pull the SD from the Phantom & clean up in POST. My example was for, say you're out at a park or a lake with plenty of people around & you get approached asking to record something. You agree & now want to hand off those files. Social Media is the only option that I have. The only files I see that I have access to, are the originals on the bird's card. There is NOTHING on the Micro SD card on the controller here. Especially after editing locally on the controller (Go 4 app). Where does the "Production" live to access?

Last edited:
As long as your videoing in 1080p you can download the videos right from your tablet in the editor tab. As soon as you create a movie and hit complete, it dies only give you social media options. But just click the share later and it goes directly to your device photos. At least mine does. I'm using the go 4 app with iPad Air 2. You don't even have to be connected to the RC or ac The videos and pics should be cached in the app. If you have that function enabled in the app

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

As long as your videoing in 1080p you can download the videos right from your tablet in the editor tab. As soon as you create a movie and hit complete, it dies only give you social media options. But just click the share later and it goes directly to your device photos. At least mine does. I'm using the go 4 app with iPad Air 2. You don't even have to be connected to the RC or ac The videos and pics should be cached in the app. If you have that function enabled in the app

Thx for your input, but we're talking about the PLUS version (P4P+) w/ the built-in display and installed Go 4 app - and obviously, yet another downfall for the PLUS version.. There isn't a tablet in play here. I am however, forced to utilize my cell by having to create a hotspot to tether to the controller in order to generate a map, but that's the only function of the cellular device including running the GO 4 from it since the controller is equipped w/ the built-in Go 4 app. There is no 'share later' function that I have seen. The lack of functionality on the built-in screen ver is incredible. They should actually deduct $300 from the base price instead of an increase for such a limited UPGRADE... I will admit that the display itself is brilliant, but that's the ONLY benefit I can vouch for as of this writing.

If you absolutely require a 3rd party app to run & you plan on using the PLUS version, beware & think twice about your needs. The inability to even install dji's own Groundstation app isn't an option and is iOS compatible only. So, since I'm an android user, I'm stuck w/ a much less powered (downgraded) version unless I were to purchase another regular P4P controller & apparently now, an apple device on top of it? I'm not off to very good starting experience. I do blame myself for not knowing up front about all of this prior to purchasing the built-in screen. I even had a 2 week lead time to get the PLUS shipped out, vs an in stock P4P & regular controller.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hear you, but the P4P+ is a cheaper solution than the P4P plus an iPad (plus HDMI output adapter if you use it). I sometimes use FatShark Transformer HD goggles, so having the HDMI output already on the P4P+ controller was another $100 I didn't have to spend. So for less overall money there is a little less convenience. The biggest thing for me, though, was all I need to fly is what's in my case... I don't have to chase down nor charge a separate iPad.

Having said that, I think the 5.5" display is too small if you tweak a lot of settings during flight. So if I were doing it again, I would probably go with the regular P4P and not the Plus. But I'm not unhappy with what I got.

Thx for your input, but we're talking about the PLUS version (P4P+) w/ the built-in display and installed Go 4 app - and obviously, yet another downfall for the PLUS version.. There isn't a tablet in play here. I am however, forced to utilize my cell by having to create a hotspot to tether to the controller in order to generate a map, but that's the only function of the cellular device including running the GO 4 from it since the controller is equipped w/ the built-in Go 4 app. There is no 'share later' function that I have seen. The lack of functionality on the built-in screen ver is incredible. They should actually deduct $300 from the base price instead of an increase for such a limited UPGRADE... I will admit that the display itself is brilliant, but that's the ONLY benefit I can vouch for as of this writing.

If you absolutely require a 3rd party app to run & you plan on using the PLUS version, beware & think twice about your needs. The inability to even install dji's own Groundstation app isn't an option and is iOS compatible only. So, since I'm an android user, I'm stuck w/ a much less powered (downgraded) version unless I were to purchase another regular P4P controller & apparently now, an apple device on top of it? I'm not off to very good starting experience. I do blame myself for not knowing up front about all of this prior to purchasing the built-in screen. I even had a 2 week lead time to get the PLUS shipped out, vs an in stock P4P & regular controller.

Oh sorry. My mistake. Thanks for the info on the plus version tho

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers