P4P Gimbal Twitch...is there a solution?

Well bad news everyone. I went to fly during my lunch and since the firmware update my controller won't bind to the drone. It gets it for a second then loses it. I reset the controller, manually re-linked it and still goes in and out. The best I got was about 10 seconds at 100 ft before the camera just stopped sending a signal. So I wasn't able to check it out. I'll try again after work and see if it does anything or there are any fixes for the "new" problems.

Try un-binding and re-binding the controller?

Try un-binding and re-binding the controller?
Yeah I tried doing the auto bind, manually un-bind then re-bind, and tried cycling power and starting up in different orders on all 3, the controller, the drone and the app. No luck. I did see a thread about a similar problem and accidentally setting the RC/WIFI switch to the wrong position but I don't know if that's it. Won't be able to check til I get off work :(

Update....got it working. Not sure what it was. Just didn't give up on binding over and over. Got up in the sky about 100 ft and put her in sport mode and hauled some butt around. Still had the gimbal twitch. Sorry, I don't think the firmware was the fix.

Return it if you're still able to Tony. If DJ I was able to fix that twitch without a massive recall they would've already fixed it with this latest firmware. This is too much money to screw around with settling for stuff like this

Return it if you're still able to Tony. If DJ I was able to fix that twitch without a massive recall they would've already fixed it with this latest firmware. This is too much money to screw around with settling for stuff like this
I agree. I've only had it one week and then all this mess. I paid extra for the one year replacement plan so maybe that route would get me a good working drone but it seems like this is more than just a few bad apples. Sounds like it may be way more widespread

Latest reply from DJI about the Twitch/Jerk problem at 4K60fps.

"I've reported all your feedback to our engineers, they are working on testing the firmware recently, if everything goes smoothly, a new firmware will be released in near future to fix this issue.
Thanks for your supporting."

I thought this was because of flying high speed and turning sharp? It seems like my pro wants to tip over. This is even when not recording.

Oh wow, haven't had that happen.. It usually happens when flying fast and turning..just had my p4p sent back to me after having the gimbal fixed and it still does it.. very annoying.. my p3 standard never did this..sad for this to happen after spending 1,500 on this..

Here is a video of a good twitch, I think its a mechanical issue, They may need to recall P4P
I think pilots have been calling that event a gimbal flip, not a twitch. I believe the twitch that's being reported is a recording flaw in the camera that happens when recording 4K at 60FPS, nothing to do with the gimbal. I don't think it happens at 4K 30FPS, and not during any mode of 1080.

I think pilots have been calling that event a gimbal flip, not a twitch. I believe the twitch that's being reported is a recording flaw in the camera that happens when recording 4K at 60FPS, nothing to do with the gimbal. I don't think it happens at 4K 30FPS, and not during any mode of 1080.
Hey buddy! Great to meet you and have a super dinner in Vegas! Love learning and chatting drones! Btw, my P4P still has a slight twitch every now and then. But when I'm turning pretty hard in a good wind I'll get a hard quick flip too. I think I'll send it in to get it checked out tbo. My gimble fan or motor that runs when you turn it on is a lot louder than my buddies was this past week too! I think there may be something to that in relation to some gimbles having issues and some not.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves