p4p fell out of sky

im trying to upload the dat files but having a little trouble thanks everyone for the help

m trying to upload the dat files but having a little trouble thanks everyone for the help
You will need to provide a link to the .dat file. It cannot be directly uploaded here. Use dropbox or a similar link to it and post the link here.

After a quick look, Motors look ok, I think. I would do a full look tonight but don't have the time. Maybe @sar104 may check in and give you more info tonight. I will check in again tomorrow.

This is the DAT file from the mobile device, not from the aircraft
So, does this mean that the P4's save both .DAT and .TXT logs to the device???? Just checked in for a min and saw that. I didn't know that, if that is the case. Sure looked like a regular .dat file to me.

So, does this mean that the P4's save both .DAT and .TXT logs to the device???? Just checked in for a min and saw that. I didn't know that, if that is the case. Sure looked like a regular .dat file to me.

They are similar but the device DAT files are missing most of the raw data from the IMU, and are significantly smaller. Additionally, there is a slight delay in transmitting the data and so, in cases like this where we need to see the last few milliseconds of data, those data never make it to the device.

if
this should still be under warenty.
contact DJI for a return lable and send it to them.
this very same thing happened to me and I sent back to them.
after a little dance they fixed it under warenty.
good luck.

I got mine first week of January and wasn’t able to update firmware for a week or two. Once all updates were done I was going to do a short test and I got a data read write failure and ac wouldn’t do anything. Filed a case and was was told to send it back for a complete kit replacement. Wonder if they had a bad batch?

was flying my p4p today and it lost all connection at1210 out and height of 471 feet fell like a brick in wide open space completely destoyed it. this was the first flight after the update is anyone else having troubles and what can i do? am i up a creek and im out the cash and drone or is there someplace i can call? i am very new at this and cant believe it happened
I don't have a P4 but a P3S and after the update I was doing a systems check and noticed my IMU sensors needed calibration again even though I did it the day before. So I did all preflight checks and decided to do a quick 5 min flight. Well that didn't turn out so well. Just as soon as I hit the left stick for take off my P3 decided to flip over on it's top. I'm still 30 days new to Drone flying. But never had an accident/crash until this update.
Did DJI test this update before pushing it out? Or is random flip overs a know issue?

For what it's worth: At some point after starting to fly my P4P and reading about someone who had their battery drop out, I installed my battery and checked that it snapped into place. Then I turned it over and discovered that the bottom catch, didn't. I experimented several times and the result was that EVERY time I snapped either battery into place and felt that it was secure, the bottom latch NEVER did latch until I adopted the process of giving it a karate chop to get that bottom latch to actually catch. My P2 didn't have that problem. Seems to be a problem with SOME individual machines. I now check it every time I stick in a battery. Only takes once for it to come loose.

was flying my p4p today and it lost all connection at1210 out and height of 471 feet fell like a brick in wide open space completely destoyed it. this was the first flight after the update is anyone else having troubles and what can i do? am i up a creek and im out the cash and drone or is there someplace i can call? i am very new at this and cant believe it happened
Mate just pointing out the obvious, but u were 71' above the legal flight AGL... tho im truely sorry it crashed man. Hope u can get another one

If you really worry, just use Dermblend or other such flexible medical tape, to go over the battery before flight, it removes easily if you fold over and leave a small tab to pull on, good for many such temporary applications.

Had you checked your P4Pro for any cracks underneath the arms, between the motor and the vent. The reason I ask is because I recently found a gaping crack that had probably started from a manufacturing fault at the corner of the vent. I think one more flight and it would have broken totally. In the crash mess I would not have even known the arm had failed.

First of all; I realize that some of us have applications that require flying out to some distant range for some useful purpose; however, we read over and over that somebody loses their flying machine while 4 miles out over the Atlantic Ocean at 2000 feet high or many other extreme ranges. I have a hard time seeing the point of trying to set records of altitude and range and then complaining that they lost their expensive drone. This case was 1/4 mile out and 71 feet above the legal limit. I lose sight of my machine after about 200 feet. The altitude restriction is there for a reason. If we don't start acting responsibly, we will very soon lose our ability to fly these things altogether. The public is not with us on this and they do complain to government asking for more restrictions. 71 feet may not sound like a lot but have something happen that gets the NTSB and/or the FAA involved and you will not like the consequences. And neither will the rest of us. When you ask for help from this great group, you have just plead guilty to breaking federal law. I am astonished that some of us do so with seeming impunity. The FAA has already assessed a fine of $1.9 million for a violation; that would just about ruin my checking account!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez