p4p fell out of sky

Cold weather actually improves battery life, it is the other way round...heat is not good...

The freezing cold is much more of a challenge than excess heat on the battery, The battery can function at extreme temps , going from 92 to 115 for a single 26 minute flight. The battery in below zero temps is much more difficult and dangerous to fly.

Freezing temps can go 30 below and that is much more of a challenge for the battery.
Sealing that gap on the battery really helps the drone fly in the extreme cold.

Both the DJI motors, battery were designed to negotiate extreme heat but not so much the extreme cold .

I do think your wetsuit could be a good addition to the Phantom drones only because it does create a tight Seal against the battery pushing it against the drone... I think what happens is even if people do have the battery installed correctly, flying around in sport mode or just doing crazy stuff tends to jar it side to side/up down.... now I'm not saying this happens to everyone I fly in sport mode all the time and this does not happen to me so let's get that out there I know sport mode and flying fast in general is a okay on the Phantom but what I am concerned with is that these batteries are not produced with exact tolerances.... the problem is this let's say one person has three batteries two of them could be a nice tight fit nice and snug.... but at the same time fit a little differently maybe have a gap at the top... still no problems....... well the third one could also fit but tends to be a little loose in the side to side and up and down this is what I think causes the Drone to fall out of the sky or disconnect for that Split Second... basically causing the battery to move around inside its compartment ever-so-slightly which I think is catastrophic. So maybe this wetsuit does really do its job and keep the battery tight and from sliding side to side or up or down...

I do think your wetsuit could be a good addition to the Phantom drones only because it does create a tight Seal against the battery pushing it against the drone... I think what happens is even if people do have the battery installed correctly, flying around in sport mode or just doing crazy stuff tends to jar it side to side/up down.... now I'm not saying this happens to everyone I fly in sport mode all the time and this does not happen to me so let's get that out there I know sport mode and flying fast in general is a okay on the Phantom but what I am concerned with is that these batteries are not produced with exact tolerances.... the problem is this let's say one person has three batteries two of them could be a nice tight fit nice and snug.... but at the same time fit a little differently maybe have a gap at the top... still no problems....... well the third one could also fit but tends to be a little loose in the side to side and up and down this is what I think causes the Drone to fall out of the sky or disconnect for that Split Second... basically causing the battery to move around inside its compartment ever-so-slightly which I think is catastrophic. So maybe this wetsuit does really do its job and keep the battery tight and from sliding side to side or up or down...

You mention the battery tolerances being slight different , but I do not see that, what I see is the design tolerance on the actual drone itself being slightly off thus allowing the gap in the upper right hand corner. Either way its an issue that has effected many and its good to have an alternative that solves the issue. Thank you

On one of my batterys the bottom tab does not stick out as far as my other battery... I found this out because the same battery I get the "cannot take off" error with my v2.... sometimes it doesn't touch the sensor hard enough so if I just give it a little wiggle and push down the message goes away after taking the battery out and looking at it from the side compared to my other battery. I can see the tab is not out as far as the good battery
... so yes these batteries do have different tolerances for sure think about it this is all plastic molding and when they snap it all together and screw it in every single one will not be perfectly the same. Also it could be the Drone too... I just think that the round part of the battery when it butts up against the Drone is a Tell-Tale sign. That these things are not coming out the same for all we know that got that you're talking about could be the Drone where it rounds off right there but it also could be the battery... my bet is on the battery since it's a smaller molded part and that part of it has to be assembled. (Front cap of battery where lights are).... the Drone Shell is more likely to have better fitment

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus