p4p fell out of sky

Reaction score
was flying my p4p today and it lost all connection at1210 out and height of 471 feet fell like a brick in wide open space completely destoyed it. this was the first flight after the update is anyone else having troubles and what can i do? am i up a creek and im out the cash and drone or is there someplace i can call? i am very new at this and cant believe it happened

Almost seems like a power failure. Many people smarter than me on the subject. Will be interested to find out. Sorry for your loss... I always think about that scenario when I fly. Paranoia... Wish the P4P (perhaps the P5P will) have redundant power like the Inspire... I sure hope there is some recourse for you with DJI... Good luck

Almost seems like a power failure. Many people smarter than me on the subject. Will be interested to find out. Sorry for your loss... I always think about that scenario when I fly. Paranoia... Wish the P4P (perhaps the P5P will) have redundant power like the Inspire... I sure hope there is some recourse for you with DJI... Good luck

True, it looks like battery failure. Flight logs will tell us the truth.

did i do that correctly
It's there but, at a glance, nothing jumps out. Your battery looks fine. I've heard of battery dislodging, though. That would explain the sudden end to the flight log. Living in Los Angeles, I don't know or have to think about the effects of cold temperatures.

I considered prop failure, however, I think it would have recorded a rapid decent.

Battery looks fine, nothing out of the ordinary that I could see. I think we can rule out a bird strike, unless that strike popped the battery out of the aircraft. Nothing else looks out of the ordinary. If you were able to retrieve the aircraft, the onboard .DAT files would give a better look as to a motor anomaly. If it were cold temps, you would have seen that reflected in the deviations, I would think.

Reactions: btrussell
Did you command an RTH roughly 5 min in to the flight?

Worst case scenario, if the aircraft is completely destroyed, you can manually pull the internal SD card from the aircraft and get the .DAT files that way. This is assuming of coarse that you did retrieve it. And you would like the data reviewed from there.

Reactions: sar104
The RC RTH button was pressed at 305.8 seconds.
That's what I thought. Not that it makes a difference in this case. Was just curious, as the profile seemed to have plenty of clearance for that.

It's there but, at a glance, nothing jumps out. Your battery looks fine. I've heard of battery dislodging, though. That would explain the sudden end to the flight log. Living in Los Angeles, I don't know or have to think about the effects of cold temperatures.

I considered prop failure, however, I think it would have recorded a rapid decent.
it was 51*f

Don't be surprised at these answers regarding cold temps. It can have influence on batteries. Just take those, knowing that others are throwing out suggestions to assist. Some more relevant than others......you get the point. We all want to help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel