Unpack a Large DJI .DAT file

Reaction score
I used my P4P V2 drone on a large mapping project, I was using dronedeploy as the capture software. I needed my log files from the mission unfortunately the 2 log files it created are very incomplete.

So I decided to grab the log files directly off the drone itself, using DJI Assistant 2. I was trying to be a efficient and simply selected all ~20 of them, in DJI Assistant 2 so, I download them all at once. Only to find out afterwards, the DJI Assistant 2 bundles all the logs files into one large .DAT file. Now, when I try and import the 1.7gb file into Airdata, it tells me it is too big. If I had known ahead of time, I would have just done each file individually.

So does anyone no how to extract/unpack these individual flight logs out this large .DAT file?

Is there another software/online resource that I could use to extract them?

Any info would help, thanks in advance.

Regards

Baddog

In Ph3, you typically get the logs by entering "Data Log mode". The option to enter is in settings of the mobile app. AFAIK all DJI drones support that mode (though I'm not sure if the option is visible in Dji Go for newer drones).

When you enter that mode, your drone starts behaving like a bulky pendrive - you can just open it as an usb drive and copy the individual files.

For reading very large DAT files - I only use offline tools, and they accept logs of any size. I don't think they even have to fit your RAM. These offline tools could be used to divide a large log, but that's definitely not a one-click solution.

I used my P4P V2 drone on a large mapping project, I was using dronedeploy as the capture software. I needed my log files from the mission unfortunately the 2 log files it created are very incomplete.

So I decided to grab the log files directly off the drone itself, using DJI Assistant 2. I was trying to be a efficient and simply selected all ~20 of them, in DJI Assistant 2 so, I download them all at once. Only to find out afterwards, the DJI Assistant 2 bundles all the logs files into one large .DAT file. Now, when I try and import the 1.7gb file into Airdata, it tells me it is too big. If I had known ahead of time, I would have just done each file individually.

So does anyone no how to extract/unpack these individual flight logs out this large .DAT file?

Is there another software/online resource that I could use to extract them?

Any info would help, thanks in advance.

Regards

Baddog
ExtractDJI will do this. It comes bundled with CsvView or DatCon. Down load and install CsvView from this site
CsvView Downloads
ExtractDJI will be available on the system menu
1606484697966.png

In ExtractDJI set the mode to Extract DATs

1606484795148.png

ExtractDJI will do this. It comes bundled with CsvView or DatCon. Down load and install CsvView from this site
CsvView Downloads
ExtractDJI will be available on the system menu
View attachment 120782

In ExtractDJI set the mode to Extract DATs

View attachment 120783
Update from 2023.
The ExtractDJI file is part of the DatCon.zip (at least DatCon version 4.3.0) file and can be run from the folder where the .zip files were extracted to.
It still requires JAVA to run.
It was successful in splitting a file I had from 2019 taking a huge amount of space (1.7GB) on my disk. DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2019-06-26_23-25-12.DAT

Cheers,
Miner_Jeff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan