P4P Crash Please help to understand flight log

Reaction score
My drone crashed today for no apparent reason. I downloaded flight log and opened it with DJI Flight Log Viewer But I can not understand information. Everything looks good to me. Would anyone be able to help me please. File uploaded. Thank you

Attachments

• 2017-12-18 10_19_02.dat
    201 bytes · Views: 285
You can only upload TXT flight logs to my flight log viewer. Check out that page for instructions on locating your TXT flight log.

Sorry, please check this one.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-12-18_[10-18-58].txt
    20.7 KB · Views: 300
Here's your uploaded flight log:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Can you tell us some more about that flight? It appears that it was 9 seconds long and ended when your Phantom was 23 feet in the air.

Yes, this is exactly right. I have no idea what could be the problem. Drone started as normal. Once it reached about 8 meters high the red flashing lights turned off, rotors stopped and it fell on the field. I found battery at some distance and camera came off as well.

The drone is under warranty but according to the retailer it will take one and a half months for it to be sent to DJI and back plus assessment fee. Do you know if other people had any success with warranties in similar situations? Also are there any other logs with more information that DJI use to assess the crash.

If the lights shut off mid-flight, the battery was most likely not fully inserted (causing it to disconnect).

Also are there any other logs with more information that DJI use to assess the crash.
If you send your Phantom into DJI, they will look at the DAT flight log on the Phantom's internal memory card.

You can find instructions for retrieving the DAT file here. If you'd like someone here to review it, please upload your DAT flight log to dropbox.com and post a link back here.

The drone is under warranty but according to the retailer
FYI, an improperly inserted battery is not covered under warranty. If that's the case, you will probably be paying for 100% of the repair cost (unless you have DJI Care Refresh).

I found battery at some distance and camera came off as well.
This statement indeed leads me to believe the battery was not fully seated as @msinger mentioned. At that low altitude the odds
are that "If" the battery was fully inserted, it would not have come out of the aircraft housing. And if by chance it did, it would be right
beside the aircraft. The log file doesn't give enough information to determine that. You should review the aircraft .dat file for more.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl