P4P+ Ask Me Anything

Regarding the screen size of the P4P+. I have flown the Inspire, P3 and P4 all using a large iPad. While I like the larger size of the iPad I find it almost impossible to see the screen especially in bright sun. I started using the Hoodman visor and it is perfect for blocking the light. It however adds a bit of bulk and complexity to the remote controller. I bought the P4P+ in hopes that the brighter integrated screen would be easier to see and more compact to hold. I was not crazy about having to go down in monitor size but was willing to make the tradeoff and hoped it would work out for me. After a few initial flights the tradeoff seems to have been worth it. It is much simpler than the Hoodman setup and I find it is easier to move my eyes from the screen to the sky. With the Hoodman I find myself looking almost exclusively at the monitor. Yes, I do wish the p4p+ was a little bit larger, maybe between it's current size and the iPad mini, but so far I have not had any problems with the smaller screen. I find it just as easy to navigate the menus and enter settings.

thanks for your very fast past reply!
1. why is it asking me to upgrade firmware every time P4 pro plus? there is no new firmware except for the controller which i have done, there is no other for the aircraft?
2. the right side exposure wheel does nothing?

I would get a DJI car charger. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Tried That, also didn't charge my batteries for more than a few minutes :(
thanks for your very fast past reply!
1. why is it asking me to upgrade firmware every time P4 pro plus? there is no new firmware except for the controller which i have done, there is no other for the aircraft?
2. the right side exposure wheel does nothing?
1. Is it saying inconsistent update? That just means that the battery isn't updated and I had to do it once for each battery I Have.
2. Correct, unfortunately I've also been unable to have the exposure wheel do anything.

Tried That, also didn't charge my batteries for more than a few minutes :(

1. Is it saying inconsistent update? That just means that the battery isn't updated and I had to do it once for each battery I Have.
2. Correct, unfortunately I've also been unable to have the exposure wheel do anything.
Slightly embarrassed I have found that the exposure wheel is a clickable wheel and it does indeed work and by clicking the wheel it changes functions LOVE IT!

Reactions: maseman88
Thanks for all the great insight about the p4p+. Is it possible to swap that 5.5 inch screen and use another device if you wanted to?

Just my P4p yesterday and got to fly last night at twilight. Found I couldn't get it to switch to video mode until I used the Controller Video Record hard button, then everything seemed to work like it should. Weird?

I think the small screen is a compromise that might be acceptable once I get used to it? Focusing using such a small screen is going to be challenging if I do shoot objects close to the P4p. Like others I wanted the bright screen and compactness, but this is the FIRST non-Apple 'smart phone/pad" device I've ever purchased.

It got weird when I went to do the first FW update on the controller. One update was online using the Android, but the controller itself told me I had to go to the GoApp home. There was NO WAY to do this from the controller/android and I had to go download the firmware update from DJI's website, then us a microSD card. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? As far as I recall, with the P4 and an iPad ALL updates were available through that iPad and DJI GoApp combo. So, is this how it will be on Android, going to a website using my laptop for Firmware updates? I am seriously CONFUSED! Is this a one-time deal, or can we expect more of this?

DJI seems to vary their FW update routines from one new platform to another. This could drive a sane man mad! Anybody have answers? Thanks in advance!

As mentioned above, NO. You need to cough up about 319.00 for second controller. As nice as the Android's brightness is, it is no substitute for an Apple iPad, and so I bought a second controller.

Reactions: azgeek
yep, same here, my new controller is to be delivered tomorrow !
Ditto. I got my P4P controller last week and haven't bothered with the P4P+ controller since. I did touch the P4P+ controller to place it on a shelf where it will stay until DJI gets the bugs worked out. Flying the P4P controller on an iPhone has been hassle (and crash) free.

Can I pair and use a P4 (non Pro) controller with the Phantom 4 PRO drone? I know will be limited to only 2.4GHz band, but does it actually work? Thanks in advance.

I cant confirm it, but I think I saw one of the moderators say no, only the props, battery, battery charger and sd card works on the new p4p

I was just looking at that tonight. I downloaded an APK program which it places in the Download directory. Went to run it, after turning off the safeguards, and received the not enough space message. On further inspection it looks as if there are two locations for Apps. One location is extremely small (size in Megs), and the other is larger (about 9 Gigs free). Somehow we have to get the APK to install in the 9 Gig area.
Extending the system app folder partition would do it.
I'm guessing they have
Root directory for os, and in that would be the folder for app installations that they have put a limit on.
Can the android settings be gotten into?
If so, adb could be enabled through Dev options and one of the blanket root methods could possibly work.
Also, build.prop could be looked at to see if anything in there is limiting apk installation.

Sent from my F8331 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z