P4 - Will the engines shut off if I keep the left stick pressed while descending?

Reaction score
I apologize in advanced if I am repeating the question.

I am a new owner of a P4 and I've been reading that engine shut off is a possibility while descending. Can you guys tell me if that is correct and what is the best way to descend from around 400ft. Thank you.

No it will not. Until it has landed on a surface or it can no longer descend (hand landing) the motors will run.

Thank you for the quick response!! I was flying today at around 400ft and I was afraid I would shut it off mid descent.. It took me a while to bring it down.. Since I was being careful.. Thank you Tommy!

I apologize in advanced if I am repeating the question.
I am a new owner of a P4 and I've been reading that engine shut off is a possibility while descending. Can you guys tell me if that is correct and what is the best way to descend from around 400ft. Thank you.
If you are high enough you can hold the left stick down for 33 seconds and more and it still won't stop the motors until you have landed.
That's what the manual says and that's the way it works.
Hundreds of pilots have tested and confirmed this.
You can descend left stick full down and it WILL NOT stop the motors in flight.

If you are high enough you can hold the left stick down for 33 seconds and more and it still won't stop the motors until you have landed.
That's what the manual says and that's the way it works.
Hundreds of pilots have tested and confirmed this.
You can descend left stick full down and it WILL NOT stop the motors in flight.

Thank you for the quick response Meta!!

Reactions: CThruU

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4