Phantom 4 pro v2.0 controller shutting down drone when i pull left stick down.

Reaction score
I have not flown the drone for a bit, and i decided to try it out, But while testing it indoors, i found that i start the drone by pulling down and inward with both sticks, then the drone starts ups etc. but if i pull down on the left stick and pull to the bottom limit the drone shuts off. This does not seem right as if i were flying and wanted the drone to descend and i pulled down a bit to far the drone will shut off and obviously crash. Is this because i am indoors and do not have GPS or is the controller not set correct. I did a controller calibration . Thanks

Sounds like normal operation to me... The drone knows when it is on the ground and will kill the motors. It SHOULD not do this in the air.... It never has for me in 9 years of flying

Sounds like normal operation to me... The drone knows when it is on the ground and will kill the motors. It SHOULD not do this in the air.... It never has for me in 9 years of flying
Hi thanks for the reply, i sure hope so, it scared me when i was testing it yesterday and i noticed it just shut off completely when i lowered the left stick. It been a while since i flew and when i started it up inside everything worked great then i noticed the auto shutdown on lowering the stick and i was concerned. Two much snow to take it outside and test it so when weather clears i will cautiously try it.
I am sure it makes sense what you say. thanks

if i pull down on the left stick and pull to the bottom limit the drone shuts off. This does not seem right as if i were flying and wanted the drone to descend and i pulled down a bit to far the drone will shut off and obviously crash.
See page 58 in your manual.
i-jC2xWJ7.jpg

Note Method 2.
This will never shut down the motors in flight and it's safe to descend vertically from any height.
It will only shut down the motors after the flight controller has sensed that the drone has landed and cannot descend any further.

See page 58 in your manual.
i-jC2xWJ7.jpg

Note Method 2.
This will never shut down the motors in flight and it's safe to descend vertically from any height.
It will only shut down the motors after the flight controller has sensed that the drone has landed and cannot descend any further.
Hi, thanks for the info, yes now i remember reading about this , the thing that got me going was method two but when i do it it seemed to shut off very fast almost even before i hit the bottom of the stroke, . but im sure it is working as it should now with this info

Left stick down is the Only way to shut down the motors, but Only works when on the ground. Turning off the battery completes the process. Note: Be sure to turn off video recording before turning off the drone or SD won't be viewable. Turning back on to stop recording will finish the video if that happens. Just in case

Left stick down is the Only way to shut down the motors, but Only works when on the ground. Turning off the battery completes the process. Note: Be sure to turn off video recording before turning off the drone or SD won't be viewable. Turning back on to stop recording will finish the video if that happens. Just in case
I have plenty of videos where I haven't shut the camera off. DJI fixed that issue a long time ago.

I never say never LOL... Thats usually how it goes with me... "Don't worry, it will not shut off in mid air"..... 3 hours later, reply on the forum from OP, "well, you were wrong about that" lol

I never say never LOL... Thats usually how it goes with me... "Don't worry, it will not shut off in mid air"..... 3 hours later, reply on the forum from OP, "well, you were wrong about that" lol
I was not wrong at all.
It's been tested extensively by me and thousands of other flyers.
There is no reason at all to doubt this.
DJI are to smart to make the normal method of descending shut off your drone in mid-air.

Reactions: snowghost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan