P4 update and shell replacement

Reaction score
Hi all I've just updated my p4 I didn't really want to but it kept popping up on the screen update required so I did it and now on hover it's spluttering like one motor is dipping out for a split sec so one corner dips this along affects the throttle response has anyone else had this? Also has anyone done a successful shell replacement with no errors it's something I want to do any advice?
Thanks

Hi all I've just updated my p4 I didn't really want to but it kept popping up on the screen update required so I did it and now on hover it's spluttering like one motor is dipping out for a split sec so one corner dips this along affects the throttle response has anyone else had this? Also has anyone done a successful shell replacement with no errors it's something I want to do any advice?
Thanks
What do you mean with Shell replacement?
Did you install the Firmware V02.00.0106?

Then you have the same problem as most have on the P4.

What do you mean with Shell replacement?
Did you install the Firmware V02.00.0106?

Then you have the same problem as most have on the P4.
Yes latest firmware the shell I mean replacing the body with a new one if the old has damage

Well , not quite all P4 pilots.

I started a thread "Is you r firmware update good......" a while ago to try to establish what proportion of pilots are having problems and, although there are significant numbers, a lot of people have had no problems at all.

Mine has just been updated by the supplier because it was returned due to stress cracks. they tested it out as O.K. , and I've just flown it without problems (apart from a wireless interference notification).

Some do, some don't.

Older P4s or the first batch in 2016 seem to have trouble with the firmware..so if got one of those might be wise not to update.

Older P4s or the first batch in 2016 seem to have trouble with the firmware..so if got one of those might be wise not to update.
Mine is serial 07DDD5G0B10027, about 15 monthe since purchase.

I would'nt suggest anybody updates at the moment if they don't need to do! I had no choice (except to roll back if needed).

Hi Geoff

Your aircraft looks to have been manufactured Monday 16th May 2016
Thanks for checking that. Can I ask how did you find out? I'm curious becaus I bought it as "refurbished" from Maplin UK so have no knowledge of the actual date.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl