P4 standard gimbal acting odd

Reaction score
Just bought P4 used. Flew great now the gimbal is drooping down and to the right. When I move it by hand the motors work but it jerks then turns down. Also, it doesn’t respond to the tilt wheel. Attached is a video of the issue. The camera works great. How would I fix it?
Thanks

From the video you can see a landing gear cover that is missing.
Crash damage?
More info on the history if you have any would help.

Starz, I appreciate the quick response.
I don’t have any crash history. There are two missing landing gear covers. When I questioned the missing covers, the seller said it was from hand catching. Wasn’t sure if that is an issue. I am a new flyer this year. Have a P3 I use to fly my fishing lures out past the break when I surf fish.
Bought the P4 for the better video.
I am hoping I can buy some parts to fix it.
Thanks

I've been looking at Youtube videos but not seeing anything similar. Does anyone have any thoughts on what to research?

My thought would be a previous repair that may involve some parts that aren’t up to the task. I would contact the previous owner and see if he might provide some insight to help you get the problem solved. If you have never worked on one of these, it can be a bit tricky.

I will give him a call. Hopefully he can shed some light on it. I did re-flow the controller and it is working great now. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4