P4 Pro V2.0 jello

Reaction score
Checking the footage of my brand new P4P V2... Horror! The jello is massive, even premiere pro cannot reduce it. conditions were a bit windy and got an alert about hi winds but even close to the ground in really acceptable wind, jello shows. second thing was shutter speed high at 1/2000 (not bought ND filters yet). But still, I don't understand why the video is that shaky. the bird is smooth to fly, doesn't vibrate either. Anyone with the same issue?
https://youtu.be/YA6R6xd5-m8

Last edited:
I would suggest you try to shoot a sample video in manual mode, exposing for an exposure that looks good to your eye flying away from the sun. See if that removes any of the jello. You have a lot going on with everything set in auto. I would also make sure that there is no packing material or anything that could be touching the camera/gimbal.

Reactions: DKG13CC
That doesnt seem normal to me. I have the 2.0 too and did not experienced that issue (other issues but not this one). I would try to reset all "gain" and "sensitivity" values to their default.

Nice footage, I see the jello in the start up over the building, mainly in the roof, but some in the sides. But after you turn away it seem OK, until you gimbal up and the exposure adjusts again, there is a slight jello effect there.

After the building, it looks pretty much the same as mine. I need to go back and look at my most recent shoot in good light, but I get the occasional jello effect, both on the P4 pro and Vr 2.0 and Mavic.

Might still be worth opening a case with DJI, and sending them a link to your video as it shows the effect very well at the start of the flight.

Paul C

Looks like screen capture from some sims game or something, it doesn't look real. And no, not watching it on some old slow thing. Recent computer and viewing in HD.

My drone videos, playback same computer, look nothing like that.

Checking the footage of my brand new P4P V2... Horror! The jello is massive, even premiere pro cannot reduce it. conditions were a bit windy and got an alert about hi winds but even close to the ground in really acceptable wind, jello shows. second thing was shutter speed high at 1/2000 (not bought ND filters yet). But still, I don't understand why the video is that shaky. the bird is smooth to fly, doesn't vibrate either. Anyone with the same issue?
https://youtu.be/YA6R6xd5-m8

I am having the same issue with my P4P. It began all of the sudden after 1.5 years of flying. It flies smooth, never been crashed, but the jello effect is very disappointing, as you know. Are you getting “gimble overload” warnings? I do get them frequently for no appearance reason, I am beginning to think a worn out or faulty gimble motor may be at fault, but am not sure....if you discover a fix or setting that corrects the problem, please post it, and I will do the same...good luck,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4