p4 pro help this noob with antenna choices

Reaction score
After loosing contact twice now with the p4 pro and get this all within visual distance, I have decided it's time to upgrade my controller with some better antennas.

I keep seeing videos of controller mods with various antenna mods
but has anyone created a true range test performance comparing all options available?
I've seen some videos with some Antenna plate mod in front of the controller Argtek?
and then I have seen another that looks like two cones with coiled wires at the end of the controller.
What do you recommend and why?

After loosing contact twice now with the p4 pro and get this all within visual distance, I have decided it's time to upgrade my controller with some better antennas.
You may want to think twice about that. It may help. It may not. For whatever reason there are numerous threads on poor transmission/Reception on P4's. Cant really explain what's going on with that but I would suggest you do some searches around here to find an easier ( And less Costly) solution to the problem.

Doesn’t changing or modifying the bird cancel out any warranty on it?
As far as I know, all I can say is a definite "Maybe".

I thought that was the case, I didn’t know for sure since I haven’t made a final decision on what bird I want yet, but I certainly wouldn’t want someone to find that out too late.

Do your searches first. There may or may not be a solution. There are so many variables that it would be difficult to guess what the issue actually is.

I didn’t know for sure since I haven’t made a final decision on what bird I want yet
This post is extremely confusing. Do you have a P4? Or are you trolling for information. It's hard to tell the difference. Information is fine, but state your intentions.

I do not have one at this time. I originally was going to buy a P4P, but then rumors of the P4P V2 started and wanted to wait until that was known, and if so, how well it was received. I don’t want to spent
$1500-$2000 on a drone, then find out something was better or a new model was not what it was thought to be. I watch the threads to see what the thoughts are, and certainly somebody as knowledgable as you in drones is one to read your thoughts and suggestions. At 60 yrs old, I left what little Internet games I played behind years ago, even though I don’t recall ever trolling a blog site. I simply responded because I thought I had seen blogs mentioning that once things like this were done, it invalidated the warranty. If not, you certainly with your knowledge will know.

At 60 yrs old, I left what little Internet games I played behind years ago
Welcome to the club. Your questions were as though you already had a P4, if you read the wording again. That's ok I suppose but misleading for those of us who do our best to help out other flyers. And with misleading information, it makes it most difficult. As far as warranty information, that I can't answer. Maybe someone else could chime in and give you better information. I will however ask another @msinger to provide that for you if possible.

can we please keep this thread on topic I really do need help on improving reception I can careless about the warranty being voided on the controller.I can't seem to fly further than 4-5 city blocks without loosing signal,not sure if it's the spot I go to fly in or what as it wasn't like this two weeks ago. The only thing I noticed is about 1/2 mile down the road they installed some communications tower and it's now online.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav