Which model remote controller comes with P4 Advanced?

Reaction score
Since there's no Phantom 4 Advanced forum yet I need to ask here. Which model remote comes with the P4 Advanced? I know it begins with GL300, but what is the final letter or letters?

I have the P4A Plus with built in display on the remote controller, model GL300E. I don't like it because there is no cellular data connection to allow for logging into the Go 4 app when there is no WiFi available, and the app won't let me fly if it isn't logged in. Two or three times now I've gone out to fly at a remote place and been unable to do any photos or videos or get any telemetry back except the video feed. I can take off and control with the sticks but that's all. No stills or video possible, no aircraft battery level indicator, no altitude or distance numbers.

It sucks! I'm sick of this paranoid crap by DJI trying to cover its *** from liability if some idiot causes damage or injury with their product.

Once logged in via WiFi, the device stays logged in for a period that seems to be a few days, but I don't know how long. Once the login times out you have to log in again, and only via WiFi, which doesn't exist way out in the country where I want to fly. Happens every time if i haven't fired it up in a week or 10 days or so.

I want to be able to use Drone Deploy and Litchi, but the controller with its own display doesn't allow that. The 5" display isn't big enough for me, I want at least a 7" tablet for the display.

In a chat today with DJI support they told me only the remote model GL300C works with the P4A, and that the GL300C_v.2 does NOT. I'm suspicious of the accuracy of that last part. I've looked on eBay and Amazon and gotten conflicting info from various sellers. I see people selling Phantom 3 Advanced and Pro controllers and listing them as model GL300C, so maybe that model works with both the Phantom 3 Advanced and Pro and the Phantom 4 Advanced. Is that true?

So if anyone has a Phantom 4 Advanced with standard controller, would you please check the model number on bottom of the controller and post the info here?

The P4A comes with a GL300C version B. You'll see "Ver.B" on the back of the remote controller. Make sure you don't buy a P4 or P3 remote controller since neither are compatible with the P4A.

The GL300F (P4P remote controller) is another option you could use. When using the P4P remote controller with a P4A, you must configure it in DJI GO like this:

DJI-GO-Remote-Controller-Choose-Type-for-P4.jpg

Last edited:
According to the P4 Advanced specs the controllers are:
P3 Advanced GL300C
P3 Advanced + GL300E

- My P4A came with "GL300C Ver.B". Range is supposed to be improved over P4 remote (increased FCC 2.4 gain in this remote vs P4 GL300C). I can not find anyone selling GL300C Ver.B P4A remotes on their own.

- P4P remote is GL300F. Some sellers list this as for Advanced/Pro. Has 2.4 + 5.8 (5.8 not used on P4A so might be cheaper to get lower spec one without 5.8) but again in theory should work with P4A (but need to again confirm this theory). And also would be nice to know if the 2 stage shutter button actually focuses with half press when used with the P4A (DJI told me it will not focus on half press).

My P4A + GL300C Ver.B + Go4 Options:

IMG_0935.PNG
IMG_0936.PNG

The P4A comes with a GLC300 version B. You'll see "Ver.B" on the back of the remote controller. Make sure you don't buy a P4 or P3 remote controller since neither are compatible with the P4A.

The GL300F (P4P remote controller) is another option you could use. When using the P4P remote controller with a P4A, you must configure it in DJI GO like this:

Thanks for that info! Wonder why DJI Support chat agent told me when I asked that the GL300C_v.B (or v.2?) is NOT compatible with the P4A. And he had to go ask somebody. Looks like I'm getting more reliable answers in this thread than Support.

Reactions: gagdos
- My P4A came with "GL300C Ver.B". Range is supposed to be improved over P4 remote (increased FCC 2.4 gain in this remote vs P4 GL300C). I can not find anyone selling GL300C Ver.B P4A remotes on their own.

- P4P remote is GL300F. Some sellers list this as for Advanced/Pro. Has 2.4 + 5.8 (5.8 not used on P4A so might be cheaper to get lower spec one without 5.8) but again in theory should work with P4A (but need to again confirm this theory). And also would be nice to know if the 2 stage shutter button actually focuses with half press when used with the P4A (DJI told me it will not focus on half press).

My P4A + GL300C Ver.B + Go4 Options:

Thanks for your detailed reply to my questions.

Just saw the post, I use GL300F with p4a and I can confirm that the two step button for focus works.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20