P4 Pro has too many transmission glitches now!

Reaction score
I have the P4 Pro since last November now. So I'm reposting this thread in the P4P area to get more eyes on this issue. Never used to have transmission glitching much at all. Now in the last 2 months or so after some Go 4 updates I am having way too much transmission issues when bird is no farther out than a few hundred feet! I still have the Ipad Air 2. Mainly using 5.8 ghz band. 2.4 doesn't work as well anywhere that I have found. What's going on with this?

Not sure, but there were some changes that effect the tablet used, more powerful processing? You may have to set the download rate of the video, 4gbs or so, to settle this.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Not sure, but there were some changes that effect the tablet used, more powerful processing? You may have to set the download rate of the video, 4gbs or so, to settle this.
I think thats where I'm at on the transmission speed. But I'll check that again for sure. Thx man!

Yeah I know right! My Air 2 has been flawless through 2 P4 birds and most of my P4P's life. But now I'm getting some glitching that is too much imo! Makes flying critical paths a little tougher for sure.

I have the same problem. My Huawei 8" tablet does not feedback properly if I got it set on auto. To me it seems the bigger the screen the more problem's I get. I had to set it to custom and set it to 4gbs and found the quality to be very crappy. I pulled out my cheap S30 Cat phone that's has I small screen, set it to auto and problem solved.

I set my air 2 to not auto update. I'm still good. It is extremely unfortunate that dji cannot be trusted with updates to any part of the system but that's the way it is. The safest way to handle the dji system is to fly at a given firmware rev that proves to be working consistently well and then stay there. That includes the app. Any upgrading is a risk and you have to start all over again testing for consistency. It could be fine but it is still risking a properly working system to a firmware update. I'm still on ios 9.1 on my air 2. When it works, I stick. The nag screens to update are a small price to pay for keeping the system working. The only thing I updated lately is litchi and testing is showing all is good. I had no choice but to update so I can use it with my p4p. And that's the key only update when you need to.

Reactions: gingerbloke
I suspect it is all tied to the latest update they released for their '602' firmware ... the previous version '503' didn't have any issues like this.

They are catering to Android now that their own system is that. So, my Android 7 Gal Tab S3, is working perfectly, no heating, even over 100f temps.

anyone know when they plan to release the "fix" to the '602' firmware debacle that is the most current release?

My Pro is having same problem. Transmitting on 5.8 at low resolution and getting latency, blackouts, and scrolling lines on iPad mini 4.

I had to send my mini in for warranty got it back did latest download because that's all there was. Before update no glitches now about every minute green or black lines on screen.Very unhappy with Dji and there lack of support

Have any of you tried manually selecting a clear Chanel in the 5.8 band. I flew my P3P and P4P a few days ago and the P3 was spot on with video, but the P4 (in auto 5.8) was glitchy, so as a test I switched to highest clear channel, bumped it up to 10 Mbps and it was clear for the rest of the day. Might be worth a try...

BTW, my thought behind the test was; perhaps the auto setting was changing channels, but not efficiently. I didn't time the interval of the glitches, but they didn't seem random.

Have any of you tried manually selecting a clear Chanel in the 5.8 band. I flew my P3P and P4P a few days ago and the P3 was spot on with video, but the P4 (in auto 5.8) was glitchy, so as a test I switched to highest clear channel, bumped it up to 10 Mbps and it was clear for the rest of the day. Might be worth a try...
That's a good idea that I'll need to try. I've been so happy with 1.3.509 firmware since May that I had literally forgotten about that option. With my P3P I always use custom ch 30, thanks to the hack. I never have to worry about interference with my P3P. Yesterday while flying my P4P the video feed was the worst I had seen, tons of aliasing, pretty garbled video. I should have tried a custom channel on 5.8, instead of relying on AUTO. Today my feed was fine, however I was using Litchi in a programmed flight. I'll try custom channel next time as a test.

That's a good idea that I'll need to try. I've been so happy with 1.3.509 firmware since May that I had literally forgotten about that option. With my P3P I always use custom ch 30, thanks to the hack. I never have to worry about interference with my P3P. Yesterday while flying my P4P the video feed was the worst I had seen, tons of aliasing, pretty garbled video. I should have tried a custom channel on 5.8, instead of relying on AUTO. Today my feed was fine, however I was using Litchi in a programmed flight. I'll try custom channel next time as a test.

Great, please keep me posted of your results.
I have been so busy that I haven't been able to retest myself.

I got much better results disabling video cache on the controller, but keep in mind you dont have any video recording on controller/mobile device.

I got much better results disabling video cache on the controller, but keep in mind you dont have any video recording on controller/mobile device.
Hmmm, thats interesting Brimba! I don't review my footage a lot on my Ipad after flights. But def do here and there. Hate to do it and then need to view it out on location somewhere. Worth a try I guess though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic