P4 Pro has too many transmission glitches now!

My P4P Obsidian is now back in the hands of its makers with a FULL REFUND. For some reason their repairs failed to fix the disconnecting problem, GOOD Riddance. This Phantom chapter is over till the 5 comes out, IF IT COMES OUT.

I have the P4 Pro since last November now. So I'm reposting this thread in the P4P area to get more eyes on this issue. Never used to have transmission glitching much at all. Now in the last 2 months or so after some Go 4 updates I am having way too much transmission issues when bird is no farther out than a few hundred feet! I still have the Ipad Air 2. Mainly using 5.8 ghz band. 2.4 doesn't work as well anywhere that I have found. What's going on with this?

How do you switch from 2.4 to 5.8? I’ve never seen that option anywhere?

How do you switch from 2.4 to 5.8? I’ve never seen that option anywhere?
You just click on the transmission button located across the top of your app. You can choose Auto on this. Or you can choose custom on either frequency too.

Use DankDrone Downloader to download the firmware then use dumldore to flash it.
Ok thanks. So that is the Aircraft firmware potentially taken care of.

Would this need to be used in conjunction with a modified older Android GO4 APK.

Can it be done with an iPad too?

Would the RC moan about firmware mismatch?

Sorry for all the questions.... Ultimately I'd like to force FCC mode in EU but recent updates seem to have closed many loopholes and I was a bit late to the P4P party.

Ok thanks. So that is the Aircraft firmware potentially taken care of.

Would this need to be used in conjunction with a modified older Android GO4 APK.

Can it be done with an iPad too?

Would the RC moan about firmware mismatch?

Sorry for all the questions.... Ultimately I'd like to force FCC mode in EU but recent updates seem to have closed many loopholes and I was a bit late to the P4P party.

Yeah, about the remote if you are on a newer firmware. You can always try and go back if it don't work. I just bought a remote on ebay with an older firmware. In my case it was worth it.

InstalIed a modified DJI GO4 app and plugged it in the Remote Controller and have 8, 2.4 GHz channels now... 13-20
24, 5.8 GHz channels... 1-24.

I'm pretty sure I was using channel 29 in the 5.8 GHz band earlier today ( might me my imagination) but installed modified DJI GO4 APK and it seems to have changed the available channel number, no idea what is going on, forgot to write down what channels were available before I started mucking about...

I put the iPad back on and swapped the cables, and the channel selection remains the same even after restarting RC AC and DJI GO4 on the iPad.

If France, if that makes a difference.

I made the modded DJI GO4 4.1.14 APK by using nolimitsdronez client which costs 25 bucks to activate with a key.
I had a spare Nexus 9 Android tablet.
When patching the original APK ( available from download button in NLD client ) the drone needs to be plugged in and assistant 2 version 2.1.1.2 needs to be running alongside the nolimitsdronez client.
I don't know if debug mode needs to be enabled on assistant 2 but I did that before. I have no idea what it was doing to the drone or why the drone needs to be plugged in during this procedure.
I am hoping some flags to do with transmission power have been modified.

Phantom 4 Pro with firmware V01.05.0600 (though NLD client identifies it as 01.05.0300) and RC on 01.0401.00 firmware.

So it appears (might be wrong) to have done something to the number of available channels in both 2.4 and 5.8 GHZ.
But I'll need to test it. Probably wont have made and bloody difference but heres hoping!

Can someone in the EU (France?) tell me what channels and number of channels are available in both 2.4 and 5.8GHz in their unmodded Phantom 4 Pro DJI GO4 setup?.
I have 8 2.4 GHz channels and 24 5.8 GHz channels at the moment.
I forgot to record what it was before but I thought there were more....... Might all just be wishful thinking.......

Exciting thing is, when I plugged my iPad back into the remote controller and power cycled both AC and RC and closed and restarted DJI GO4 in the iPad, the channel selections are still the same. Available channels allegedly being one way to verify FCC mode, though I can find no definitive answer to that.

I also (yesterday) changed the region in the iPad settings to America. This was to re-enable the custom channel selection button which was previously greyed out and manual video downlink bitrate selection) May have contributed to the whole process.

So like I say, I'll try it when the sun comes up and will probably come back all sad and disappointed, lol.

Such is life.....

Last edited:
There may be hope....

Just returned from an abortive distance test. It was really foggy at low level today so I didn't go very far.
I might go out again later once it has lifted.
Was alright above the fog layer but I couldn't see the drone's Strobon Cree strobes beyond about 250 metres....
Was quite mysterious!

However I flew 5.8GHz to the other side of the field in a straight line there and back which was 775m away no disconnects or glitches.
Yesterday in dry conditions, not fog like today, it was glitching and disconnecting at about 550-600 metres.
Given that water absorbs radio energy, its looking hopeful!

Reactions: ravedog
I noticed today that the Pro Plus controller with the built in android screen has 29 5 GHz channels. That was probably where I saw it.

I went out again this morning to the same place.

Using the iPad there is no change.
Using the modified APK on android tablet > 1Km range on 5.8 GHz where it was maxing out at 600 meters before.
Happy, but the Android tablet crashes all the time.
Using the Modified APK on android tablet then hotswapping the iPad in its place > 1KM range on 5.8Ghz and stable software.
Yaaay!

I stopped at 1Km because I ran out of clear space, it was all deep forest after that and didn't fancy the possibility of losing it in there,but it was showing no indication of disconnecting or artifacting.

I wonder if you can use a USB hub with micro USB and Lightning cables to make the hotswap.
I suspect not.

Mission accomplished. Sort of.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik