P4 Order # Thread - DJi Direct

My FedEx tracking number appears on the 'My Orders' page on DJI's website even though shipping status displays 'Prepare'.

Order Time - 2016-03-01 18:20:54 (UTC)

FedEx says it'll be arriving by the end of the day tomorrow.

FYI - DJI does ship with signature required. Somebody mentioned that you can call 800-GoFedEx and they will redirect the package to a FedEx store. They will call you when it is available for pickup. That is what I did since the package is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and I won't be home.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I've used that FedEx/Kinkos pickup option in the past, but when I tried to set that up my shipment from DJI doesn't offer it. The option is faded out as unavailable. Is that what others are experiencing?

I've used that FedEx/Kinkos pickup option in the past, but when I tried to set that up my shipment from DJI doesn't offer it. The option is faded out as unavailable. Is that what others are experiencing?

I just called and set it up. Pretty easy - they just asked for the tracking number & a phone number they could call when it was ready for pickup.

Ordered mine day 1.

j4cGmKk.png

California orders are being shipped from China and should arrive Friday. Bummer. Ordered extra battery and props in a second order a few minutes later and they still have not shipped. Looks like I may visit an Apple store for extra batteries this week if it is expected to drag into next week for delivery.

I am in Georgia and my P4 and 2 extra batteries were shipped FedEx yesterday from Carson, CA.

My FedEx tracking number appears on the 'My Orders' page on DJI's website even though shipping status displays 'Prepare'.

Order Time - 2016-03-01 18:20:54 (UTC)

FedEx says it'll be arriving by the end of the day tomorrow.

Exactly the same for me

P4 is here! Charging battery and Rc now....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
1786c8700f06e561a09fbef82297ab22.jpg

Crazy how California orders are coming from China yet orders in other states are coming from California.... Da heck is that? lol

Mine came from Tennessee

Well I enjoyed my first flight, it was only 18 minutes and landed with 20% battery. It was a little windy today so the bird did a little wobbling, overall I'm very satisfied.

Well I enjoyed my first flight, it was only 18 minutes and landed with 20% battery. It was a little windy today so the bird did a little wobbling, overall I'm very satisfied.

awesome! congrats on your P4, wind dramatically decreases flight time, how windy was it? I'm curious if it can withstand more wind than the P3

I ordered March 6th ... just got shipping email ... tracking number not live yet.

Kinda sucks ... going to drive 1 block from Apple store on the way home and I know they are in stock.

Might just stop and get a 3rd battery.

Maybe if the CA orders are shipped from China, they are exempt from CA sales tax, so CA Sales tax is included, because there is none? :confused:

I just called and set it up. Pretty easy - they just asked for the tracking number & a phone number they could call when it was ready for pickup.

Just give me your address buddy and I'll watch for the fed ex man!

Interestingly, this FedEx shipment of my P4 says INDIRECT Signature Required, which leads me to believe a note with a signature left at the front door, if you live in a safe area, would be sufficient for delivery without needing to be home...:cool:

A call to FedEx just confirmed my suspicions!
Just leave a signed note at the door! :)
This assumes that your FedEx tracking number says INDIRECT, rather than Direct Signature Required.

Last edited:

I called and used the FedEx automated phone dealio to have it held at one of my local FedEx stores. All it asked me for was my tracking number and confirmation of my street number and street name.

It's easiest for me that way. I work all day and can't hang at home waiting to sign for a package. The FedEx place is open until 9pm so even if I'm slaving away late at work I can usually still make it by 9PM to grab the package.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic