p4 mapping apps?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what apps are compatible with the P4 that are available or on the market currently for those interested in mapping/surveying.

Thanks,

Isaac.

I'm currently using the DJI GS Pro or "GSP" app. Other than being DJI and free, I didn't not need anything more advanced.

I have only used that one app for mapping, so I don't know how it compares to others. However, it does work as advertised.

I use Litchi a lot, so I would be happier if a mission could be planned on a computer instead of my iPad, but again, I can't complain since it is free.

You can plan missions on Google Earth then upload to Litchi. Connect you tablet/Phone to wifi, open Litchi and your mission will be available on your device.

Just wondering what apps are compatible with the P4 that are available or on the market currently for those interested in mapping/surveying.
Check out my list of mapping apps here.

I'm not sure. You could try contacting DroneDeploy for help.

Check out my list of mapping apps here.
Hi I'm flying the Phantom 4 Pro+ with attached controller display and I think I'm regretting going for the attached display. I am in need of this feature to map a wetland in danger of losing protection. The DJI website says "Currently the Phantom 4 Pro + controller does not support downloading additional third party apps."

Does anybody know of a workaround or other way to use mapping software shot with a drone?

You can buy a P4P controller for $319 and use that for third party apps using an iPad, or android tablet.
Thanks for the quick reply: in order to use DJI GS PRO. Can I have both controllers and switch back and forth? Have you done anything similar to this and was the process fairly simple? Pairing the remote with drone and so forth! Thanks in advance.

Reactions: rene van der meer
Thanks for the quick reply: in order to use DJI GS PRO. Can I have both controllers and switch back and forth? Have you done anything similar to this and was the process fairly simple? Pairing the remote with drone and so forth! Thanks in advance.
Pairing the RC with the drone is easy and quick. It's just a matter of using a paperclip to poke through a little hole, after enabling the link command in the Go4 app. Once you do this a couple times it becomes second nature and you won't worry about it anymore. Switching between two controllers is a piece of cake.

Last edited:
Reactions: kiloj757
Can I have both controllers and switch back and forth? Have you done anything similar to this and was the process fairly simple? Pairing the remote with drone and so forth!
You can pair the remote controller in DJI GO like this:

Reactions: kiloj757
MapsMadeEasy would be a solution for you. Free for maps up to 102 mages.

I have built a cradle and timing capture device for the Emlid Reach RTK/PPK unit. When fitted on my Phantom 4 it captures precise timing and raw GPS data for post processed RTK (can capture RTK but why carry the extra weight?).
With this on my P4 I get sub 50cm agreement between my orthomosiac and my reference points.
With a single GCP at the launch site and then applying a global shift this comes down to sub 25cm.
These results were obtained using photoscan for processing. See link
File%2021-8-17%2C%2009%2035%2010.jpeg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor