P4 Has reached Max Speed

Reaction score
So, I was flying last night at the beach and I flew through a "natural bridge" created by years of errosion. Going from beach to ocean side was no problem, but coming back thru from ocean side my P4 stopped - like there was an obstruction- so I grabbed it while it was hovering, with no hands on the controller, and walked it thru the hole/tunnel in the cliff. As I was waalking through holding onto it, it went to full speed and maxxed out !!! Any ides why? Good thing i had a grip or it would have gone straight up to the ceiling :0)

I'm not saying this is what happened, but here it goes. I'm wondering if your drone stopped due to obstacle avoidance being triggered. You grabbed it and walked it through, all the while it is fighting you attempting to go back to the GPS coordinate it was walked from.

Hole in the Wall 2017.JPG

Reactions: ftttu
I'm not saying this is what happened, but here it goes. I'm wondering if your drone stopped due to obstacle avoidance being triggered. You grabbed it and walked it through, all the while it is fighting you attempting to go back to the GPS coordinate it was walked from.
That is a good thought !! Thanks. I see what you mean now. I just wanted to finish my fly thru LOL

When you got back out far enough to get GPS back and it locked on, it was simply trying to hold its position since you wasn't giving it a command on the controller. Just like wind blowing it out of place, it will fly itself back to position which is what it was trying to do. You can do this flight in ATTI. (No GPS)

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: uavflyr
When you got back out far enough to get GPS back and it locked on, it was simply trying to hold its position since you wasn't giving it a command on the controller. Just like wind blowing it out of place, it will fly itself back to position which is what it was trying to do. You can do this flight in ATTI. (No GPS)

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thaqt has to be it, Thanks for the help, Gary.

As soon as you let go of Controls and grabbed it to walk it through it was fighting with you to stay at the last fixed GPS coordinates it had before you grabbed it. You could have switched to atti first and then walk through.
My question is what happened when you let go on the other side? Or did you shut down motors while holding? It would have tried to fly right back to that last known GPS location...
It was not due to OA that caused it to throttle up and appear to fight. It was the GPS fighting you trying to pull it away from last coordinates.

Sent from my Current position

Reactions: PlasticNerd
As soon as you let go of Controls and grabbed it to walk it through it was fighting with you to stay at the last fixed GPS coordinates it had before you grabbed it. You could have switched to atti first and then walk through.
My question is what happened when you let go on the other side? Or did you shut down motors while holding? It would have tried to fly right back to that last known GPS location...

Sent from my Current position
I shut down and restarted for my next flights. I will use ATTI next flight. Im used to that with my P2 and GoPro, totally forgot to switch since it was an awesome sunset and i was taking pics with my Canon camera also :)

Reactions: ftttu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers