Crash = Max Motor Speed Reached

Reaction score
I was out flying the P3S yesterday and a tree got in the way. Actually just the limb of a tree. I saw it before contact but couldn’t alter course fast enough to avoid impact. Well it wasn’t the impact with the tree that was the problem so much. It was the subsequent impact with mother earth. The tree limb broke one of the props. The P3 was only about 7’ off the ground at time of attempted mating with the tree. It then plummeted to the ground motor-first. When I picked it up, I could see a little mud stuck at the top opening of the motor, as well as some caked on two of the props. The battery had become dislodged so the unit was off. I inverted the unit to allow gravity to help me clean the debris out of the motor as best as I could. It looked like I got all the dirt/mud cleared out. I then replaced the prop, inserted a battery, and powered the unit back on. After going through its initial boot cycle, there continues to be a little “bzzt” sound every 1.5 seconds or so, and the message on the app stating “Max Motor Speed Reached”.

So, what would be the first area of attack on this? I’m an electrical engineer so I have access to the typical tools of the trade, as well as knowledge on how to use them.

Hey man. I just had the very same warning on my P3S. Had a hard landing and dinged up the props a few flights back, now since then i'm getting the warning when im climbing at ''Full Stick''. I'm not getting any weird sounds, it only dropped about 3 feet to "mother concrete" in the crash/ hard landing, i'm going to put new props on and give it a try tomorrow. Common sense would dictate that it HAS to be overspeeding the motor for it to throw out a warning.. We both more than likely have props that are too jacked up to grab air lol. If you would, please let me know what your problem was if you figured it out.....Thanks Viper
Update..... replaced the dinged up props and problem solved. No more warnings

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl