P4 Gimbal Jitter

Reaction score
I recently purchased a P4, when i reviewed the footage i noticed a jitter when the gimbal was panning. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
Thanks

Please post a sample video so we can see what you're describing.

I always thought my P4 was a bit jittery when panning.

Opinions?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

In your camera settings there is a option to have the camera move a bit(lead) when you yaw the bird(forgot what they name it). Try disabeling the option, I find my panning transitions are smoother when it's off. Also set my yaw exp setting at 0.30

Reactions: Docjkm
I always thought my P4 was a bit jittery when panning.

Opinions?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is that video from the SD card or what you cached in you iPad? To me that looks like 720 resolution from the device, not the SD card capture. The streamed video to the device will always be jittery like that.

If this video is from the SD card, then you need to use an ND filter to slow the shutter down to about twice the FPS you are shooting. IE, when shooting at 60FPS you need about a 120 shutter speed to smooth things out. On a typical sunny day an ND16 helps.

Is that video from the SD card or what you cached in you iPad? To me that looks like 720 resolution from the device, not the SD card capture. The streamed video to the device will always be jittery like that.

If this video is from the SD card, then you need to use an ND filter to slow the shutter down to about twice the FPS you are shooting. IE, when shooting at 60FPS you need about a 120 shutter speed to smooth things out. On a typical sunny day an ND16 helps.

That was from the SD card. Thanks for the tips. I typically use the auto settings but, it appears those are not best. Thanks for the insight.

In your camera settings there is a option to have the camera move a bit(lead) when you yaw the bird(forgot what they name it). Try disabeling the option, I find my panning transitions are smoother when it's off. Also set my yaw exp setting at 0.30

Can you look into this for me? I'm curious where this feature is in the GO app (iOS).

Ok if that's SD video I think you have something wrong. Did you pull the foam block from behind the gimbal when you got it?

I think the angle of the sun is causing a reflection on the props too. That along with the shutter speed all over the place since he isn't a ND filter will cause this.

What do you think?

Can you look into this for me? I'm curious where this feature is in the GO app (iOS).
In android it is in settings/camera/advanced settings/ and its called" Gimbal Pan Synchronous Follow". If activated when you yaw it moves a few degrees, I find that for me it hinders, I prefer lower exp settings.

In android it is in settings/camera/advanced settings/ and its called" Gimbal Pan Synchronous Follow". If activated when you yaw it moves a few degrees, I find that for me it hinders, I prefer lower exp settings.

Thanks. I'll have to try this tonight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic