P4 Found a Tree!

Reaction score
My P4 and I met up with a tree and the tree took a few bites out! Looking for two parts because DJI refuses to sell them.
Anyone with a busted up P4 that has these two parts?
Pic 1: Plastic base that the props clip into
Pic 2: 2 Missing Caps from the landing gear- I will buy all 4 caps if you want.
rotor.jpg

Missing Cap.jpg

Those parts cannot normally be purchased separately (unless someone is parting them out). If you're not able to find them, here's what you need to buy:
Note: The newer style prop installation kit is made better, so it would be a good time to upgrade. If interested, you can buy the new kit here on Amazon or direct from DJI here. You'll need to buy two of those kits if buying them from the DJI Store (since each kit only contains two mounts).

Here's a video that shows the difference between the old and new prop installation kit:

Last edited:
One final gripe about DJI Support.....When I sent the pictures of THEIR product, and asked, "What are these parts called"....I was told, they do not have a name yet and to simply ship the product in for repair.
When I told them, I don't want to REPAIR, I just want to purchase REPLACEMENT parts, they again pressed with, "Just ship the drone in for our Repair Department".
I went to Amazon and found the parts thanks to MSinger.....replacement stuff, and more, here by Tuesday.....unreal how unhelpful DJI was/is and how helpful PhantomPilots Forums are!

DJI is absolutely useless when it comes to replacement parts you cannot find on their website. They would sooner want to spend the $15-20 it costs to ship an entire drone, plus that same amount out of your pocket to ship it back, than them send the tiny parts in a cheap little package. It's asinine, and it really turns me off from DJI.

Agree with your comment Just_Nick....spot on! Honestly, it torqued me off when they wouldn't even tell me the names of the parts and just wanted the repair dollars. Go to Amazon and you will find a ton of stuff for all repairs and add-ons. I'm never going to DJI for gear or service.

If there is a rare small plastic part, I can 3d print it for free. I may need a broken sample. But if its a critical part, look for the original.

If there is a rare small plastic part, I can 3d print it for free. I may need a broken sample.
You definitely wouldn't want to use a 3D printed prop mount. There would certainly be no problem creating a cover for the landing gear though (other than it would be a tough piece to design).

If there is a rare small plastic part, I can 3d print it for free. I may need a broken sample. But if its a critical part, look for the original.
Very cool offer, but I would gladly pay for your time/material!
I might come back to you if I can’t source the covers on the landing gear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez