P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

8 Weeks today, Nothing from DJI except fraud and deception!
Like to see a Recall/Buyback so I could be done with DJI!!
I know exactly how you feel, I too have been totally let down with DJI.
It's a great product ruined by their service department, they will loose out in the end as many of their loyal customers throughout the world will desert them.

Hi guys just a little update for me please.

Is this bad firmware still going on?? I haven't been on the forum for weeks and haven't flown for weeks ( just had a baby) but I'm guessing dji still haven't fixed the bad update?

Daz

Is this bad firmware still going on?? I haven't been on the forum for weeks and haven't flown for weeks ( just had a baby) but I'm guessing dji still haven't fixed the bad update?

Daz
From my own experience, updating the RC first via the app and using Assistant 2 for the AC worked. Had to do both an IMU and gimbal cal, but otherwise all is well. The updated NFZ is slightly painful but manageable.
More importantly I hope mum, the baby and yourself are doing fine. You never forget the experience and look back at the years when they are older and move out.....

Daz
It most certainly isn't fixed, DJI had my equipment for 4 weeks and it's still no better, all I have for my trouble is a new camera (that is also faulty) and a nice bulge/crack in the lower section of my phantom 4 after a rough job installing the replacement camera/gimbal.
Not happy at all

It most certainly isn't fixed, DJI had my equipment for 4 weeks and it's still no better, all I have for my trouble is a new camera (that is also faulty) and a nice bulge/crack in the lower section of my phantom 4 after a rough job installing the replacement camera/gimbal.
Not happy at all
I reverted back to the previous version and am happy now. No more updates for me unless vetted by the community.

Geo

Not happy at all
Send it back in and demand they fix it.

I've replaced the entire camera assembly on my P4, and it's dirt-simple. I can't imagine any way to damage or crack the main body in the process. Really.

They must have had a (poorly) trained Macaque perform the repair or something. At the Southern California Taqueria repair center.

Send it back in and demand they fix it.

I've replaced the entire camera assembly on my P4, and it's dirt-simple. I can't imagine any way to damage or crack the main body in the process. Really.

They must have had a (poorly) trained Macaque perform the repair or something. At the Southern California Taqueria repair center.
Hi,
I'm currently attempting to get my money back from credit card company, I do not trust DJI anymore, they are a complete joke.

Two months since DJI will "give away" this failed firmware and two months where DJI has not been able to fix it ...However, instead of solving their mistakes, DJI has spent his time in great ideas, like changing the color to the P4P ...

I reverted back to the previous version and am happy now. No more updates for me unless vetted by the community.

Geo

Can you help ?

I want to downgrade but the back up for me doesn't work.....did you back up......or just flash .....can you advise how you did it please ?

Thanks Jason

Reactions: Echopiece
I haven't flown my P4 in over a month, primarily because of this latest update. So anyway, we had nice weather today and I was itching to fly. I thought why not, lets give it a try. What a freakin joke! I'm so upset with DI right now! I took the drone up and out for about 2 minutes and instantly brought it back home. The flight was unstable and the gimble/camera was pointing towards the landing the gear for half of the flight. I took the SD card and put it in my computer and the 2 minute flight was broken up into two videos. It didn't even capture the camera pointing at the landing gear. Also, I noticed the video file dates are completely wrong and are shown as 12/31/2013. What is that all about? If I knew how to rollback to the previous firmware I would do so. DJI is putting their blinders on this issue and I think it's going to bite them in the butt.

Reactions: THECaptainKirk
My current understanding is that the isssue is related to hardware incompatibility (maybe the electronics where the gimbal is attached) for some P4, reason why it's only a problem for a minority, but many many indeed. No formal confirmation it's this as ie some stated no issue if upgrading firmware without presence of sdcard in camera. Odd..

To find discussion about rollback in this forum you can search with word: Dumldore

Well tired of waiting for DJI to fix the problems of this firmware, I have done the downgrade, at first all good, now it is necessary to test if the recording works well at 4k.

Well tired of waiting for DJI to fix the problems of this firmware, I have done the downgrade, at first all good, now it is necessary to test if the recording works well at 4k.

Sounds like a good plan, given DJI's complete lack of respect / response, and let us know how your 4K testing turns out.

Thanks @Brockrock for post #253 i intend on trying.
I was told by DJI to recalibrate Vision Positioning System via Assistant2 for flight twitches.
I also found youtu.be/VTpYaBQ6scE for downgrading.

I was told by DJI to recalibrate Vision Positioning System via Assistant2 for flight twitches.

Absolutely! I hope the info helps and works well for you.

I have tried that approach many times before I sent it back to DJI, it doesn't resolve the issue.
Also, I can confirm sending it back doesn't fix these issues neither.
Well done DJI you have ruined our equipment good style !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic