P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

if anyone wants to downgrade download links in description
Thanks for the guide. Just did the steps suggested and I have a "Gimbal Joint Angle Sensor Initialization Error" appearing now. Did you get this after downgrading the firmware?

Is there any way to recitify this?

Thanks for the guide. Just did the steps suggested and I have a "Gimbal Joint Angle Sensor Initialization Error" appearing now. Did you get this after downgrading the firmware?

Is there any way to recitify this?
I didn't but I did 602 then decided to go back to 503 because I love that fw, the 602 didn't work for me with vps, whereas 503 gave me the vps calibration screen in assistant 2 thus vps was working. I can't find my 602 file but I'll find it on my pc unless the guy above could be good enough to upload it for you. The method does work and was faultless for myself. Just install 602 and it should correct itself.

Reactions: RedDragon
La prueba realizada con el nuevo firmware beta y aún el error de restablecimiento de la cámara no se resuelve grabando en 4k. Creo que DJI nos está molestando.

I'm one to grab the latest update. Was sorry I did this one. Wobbly flight, over sensitive controls, unable to fly in previous locations. I downgraded and it's back to normal. Had some awesome flights and videos these last two weeks.

Geo

Geoelectro. Was there an easy way to downgrade that a non techie could do?? I'd sure like to fly!!

"Upgraded" today as I kept getting notifications that my flight distance would be limited unless I did. I must say, initial test flight shows the bird flying pretty well. Slightly more sensitive than previously, but overall not terrible as others have experienced. I did get the "high wind velocity" warning right off the bat even though winds were calm. Time will tell... For the record I used DJI Go 4 and the lightning to USB dongle to perform the update, no SIM card installed.

Anyway, my question is if anyone has noticed anything weird with the status lights on the Phantom itself after the update? Where as previously it would be steady red in front and blink green in the back, now it seems to illuminate steady red in front but alternate between flashing green, solid red, and all kinds of combos of the two on the back LED's.

I wonder if it has something to do with the new geofencing feature as I was flying in class D airspace which reverts to class E to 700' at night (I was flying a hobbyist flight at night) and therefore got the notification I was operating in controlled airspace. Is this a new feature of the aircraft LED's when you're flying in controlled airspace?

To my understanding its hardware, the board in the camera has 2 kinds, and only 1 version works with the fw whereas the older board has issues which we see

To my understanding its hardware, the board in the camera has 2 kinds, and only 1 version works with the fw whereas the older board has issues which we see
Hi Ryan
DJI received my equipment on 7th August and to date not received it back (25th August)
Don't know what they are doing as no accurate information is issued other than it's a free repair.
The process is extremely slow, I'm not impressed

Hi Ryan
DJI received my equipment on 7th August and to date not received it back (25th August)
Don't know what they are doing as no accurate information is issued other than it's a free repair.
The process is extremely slow, I'm not impressed
Hopefully wont be much longer, if it is the board i dont think you can purchase one unless you know someone who deals in parts, you need to buy the full gimbal. I keep checking the main forums, but losing hope myself. Happy on 503.

Reactions: THECaptainKirk
I sent my drone back due to stress cracks 2 weeks ago they replaced the shell under warranty and upgraded the firmware. Immediately they started getting a gimbel error even though everything is working fine. They could not get it sorted so sent me a new drone ( second replacement) first was replaced in seven days also due an error message.
Can't complain they even sent me an extra battery and 2 sets of blades.
However the new drone is giving me the inconsistent firmware notice when I initialized it. Do I fly it or update?

Hi all, got my phantom 4 back yesterday, replacement camera fitted and supposedly all fixed.
Took it for a quick test flight, still unstable in flight, camera worked fine for still images but video is all distorted round top and bottom of recordings, looks like your viewing it through a fish bowl.
Absolutely disgusted with DJI customer care, their quality control is non existent.
Been onto my credit card company this morning and they are going to action a section 75 and retrieve a full refund for me, I'm through with drones !

Reactions: ryanmanchester
8 Weeks today, Nothing from DJI except fraud and deception!
Like to see a Recall/Buyback so I could be done with DJI!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl