P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

New firmware beta 0300, fixes the errors of recording in 4k.
Seems to fix most other issues too.

1504958993879.png

Hi guys, I bought my P4 August 16th 2016. Most beautiful drone I've ever flown, or rather was. Every since the last update, (august 2017) I have had IMU , CPU full and my video is cutting out and lagging. I use a brand new Apple Mini 2 that has nothing else on it but the go 4 app. I have flown it to the edges of its abilities with almost 60 hours of flight time and never had one problem. Today while flying over my job I lost my drone at 1600 ft horizontal and 300 ft vertical distance from me. My job site is seven and a half miles long so this is not a problem. What is a problem, is I now afraid to fly my drone for fear of losing it. I have read where you can roll back the updates, is this possible? If so is there a YouTube or step by step instructions on how to do it? Please for the love of my drone can somebody help me.

Hi guys, I bought my P4 August 16th 2016. Most beautiful drone I've ever flown, or rather was. Every since the last update, (august 2017) I have had IMU , CPU full and my video is cutting out and lagging. I use a brand new Apple Mini 2 that has nothing else on it but the go 4 app. I have flown it to the edges of its abilities with almost 60 hours of flight time and never had one problem. Today while flying over my job I lost my drone at 1600 ft horizontal and 300 ft vertical distance from me. My job site is seven and a half miles long so this is not a problem. What is a problem, is I now afraid to fly my drone for fear of losing it. I have read where you can roll back the updates, is this possible? If so is there a YouTube or step by step instructions on how to do it? Please for the love of my drone can somebody help me.

See my post above!

Seeing as how downgrading with factory-defaulting has worked for many, has anyone tried just resetting factory defaults on v2.0.0106? ??

My plan, now, is to do the defaults>v01.02.0503>defaults>v01.02.0602 method, but i wanted to ask by chance first.

Seeing as how downgrading with factory-defaulting has worked for many, has anyone tried just resetting factory defaults on v2.0.0106? ??

My plan, now, is to do the defaults>v01.02.0503>defaults>v01.02.0602 method, but i wanted to ask by chance first.

I did try that, still same issue. Plz let's us know your test.

Latest update on my DJI repair odyssey. After the failware update in July, I retruned my 2 month old unit to DJI. 3 weeks later I had someone else's problem that had been returned, it had a 30 second delay in the app. The bird would be sitting on the ground for about 30 seconds and I could watch it land in the app. Sent that one back. Was told it was a problem in the controller and they sent me one that had a gimbal initialization error. In flying, the video was drunk even if the bird flew well. I sent that one back. If you're keeping track that's one failware, one delay and one gimbal error. Today they have on their website that 'it' (whichever of the 3 or none of them) has been fixed and will be shipped in the next 2 days. None of this has cost me anything except time and aggravation, as well as 2 1/2 months, I don't expect it in my hands until next week. When all they would have had to do was offer the option to downgrade without hopping around like dealing with what's in the video above. Maybe it would have worked right. I don't know. What doesn't work right is DJI repair.
If they don't get it right this time I'm going to send them a letter of demand for reimbursement of my drone. If they don't respond I'm going to file in small claims court. Beffore anyone starts about them being a 'Chinese' company and can't be sued, it matters only that they are doing business with you in your state, the US and have a presence in the US where you can send the final judgement and execute on it.
I'm tired of this horse **** from them. My original bird flew beautifully until the failware which was forced. And to those out of warranty, IF THEY BROKE IT THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT.
If they force you to update and it breaks your bird, they bought it. Remember that.

Last edited:
Beffore anyone starts about them being a 'Chinese' comoany and can't be sued, it matters only that they are doing business with you in your state, the US and have a presence in the US where you can send the final judgement and execute on it.

You could sue them in small claims court, and as long as you present a valid case you'll probably win by default. The real problem is collecting a judgement, you might have to hire another lawyer for that.

Class action you basically end up with nothing, regardless.

You could sue them in small claims court, and as long as you present a valid case you'll probably win by default. The real problem is collecting a judgement, you might have to hire another lawyer for that
Class action you basically end up with nothing, regardless.

You have to do what is called 'domesticate' the judgement and have it collected out of state. In this case California. They also have to cover those expenses. An attorney isn't necessary. And more people should try it. The only issue is that in their TOU they have arbitration and non class action litigation restrictions. You have to sue individually based on their agreement you never read. Unless you can get a judge, and it's possible, to override the class action waiver. A lot to remain to be seen. When someone spends more than $1000 for something they can turn into a brick with failware, it needs to be addressed. It's time to get punitive action too. If their failware results in someone getting hurt they shouldn't think a third party lawsuit won't bring them down. The injured party will sue the drone owner and DJI. And DJI has no insulation from that regardless of what may be in the contract with the drone owner.

wangrinproducts, thanks for the assistance. It worked perfectly on my drone and I was able to roll back to 2.0503 with no problem on the drone. However, the dji go 4 does not work well with this firmware, the sensors do not work and the drone will not hover. I tried to use your other videos on how to get the old version of dji go but I cannot download Charles 3.11.6. The earliest version I can get is 3.12 and I cannot find the place to put in the old itune code. Any more help you can offer? thanks again.

Search on YouTube. There are several different videos that explain this process. I was using a certain video and never could get it to work. Was fixin to give up then I searched further and found another video that had a different step that made it work. The video that worked didn't need a special version of Charles.
I rolled back to 4.08 APR 19.

Geo

Search on YouTube. There are several different videos that explain this process. I was using a certain video and never could get it to work. Was fixin to give up then I searched further and found another video that had a different step that made it work. The video that worked didn't need a special version of Charles.
I rolled back to 4.08 APR 19.

Geo
Thanks Geoelectro, do you use the go4 app or the go app? I was going to go back to the old Go app and leave the go 4 alone.

Hi Geo.

I´v downgrade the Firmware to .0503, then to .0602
IOS Go4 rollback to 4.08

Which firmware is the most suitable for radio control (firmware P4 is .0602 and Go4 app 4.08)

Best regards, ALEX

Reactions: chopperguy
Hi Geo.

I´v downgrade the Firmware to .0503, then to .0602
IOS Go4 rollback to 4.08

Which firmware is the most suitable for radio control (firmware P4 is .0602 and Go4 app 4.08)

Best regards, ALEX
First, I'M NO EXPERT! I'm just reading here on the forum and trying stuff. I left my controller with the latest version. I had read that it didn't matter.

Geo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl