P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

I have a once in a lifetime trip planned next week, and have held off updating my P4A. Has anyone been forced to upgrade? Wondering how long I can hold off.

Haven't read any posts in this thread for a while. Is the general concenses still not to upgrade ??

Daz

I bit the bullet and upgraded a few weeks ago and I was one of the lucky ones that my P4 flies flawlessly with all of the new features, plus the biggest reason to upgrade = NO TILTED HORIZON.

I was very nervous about upgrading, but now at least you can easily downgrade if needed, so I would give it a shot to see if you can be lucky as well.

My 2 cents....

It seems the software to downgrade the firmware is no longer available!!!

Does anyone have this installer to do the firmware downgrading?

Thanks!

Scott K.

Have had connection problems with my P4. Also green screen, terrible lag in video while flying. Both so bad could not fly from Samsung Tab S. Talked to the DJI people at Oshkosh Air Show last week and was told to take channels above 5.8 under the HD tab. Did that, and with newer cable, all was good. Started it and it said I needed firmware upgrade. Upgrade stuck on 60% for 15 min, then went to okay. Now the controller will not connect to P4. Tried 3 cables...nope. Looked at settings and all went to zero. Will not allow me to input 50m for RTH and 100m for max alt. Click on done, and they go back to zero. Can not change any settings. So should I try to upgrade firmware again....or???? Pretty expensive brick!

I had a tab 's and upgraded to a tab a. The tab 's processor is not fast enough to run the new upgrades. The tab a works perfect.

If there are any of the original beta testers out there that haven't yet upgraded to the latest release, please let us know. It would be great if we could get a backup of the original beta, which by all accounts, was much more stable than the general release.
Help me out here, I am using IOS and have not updated does that mean I am a beta tester?

Here is a link to everything you need including instructions to downgrade your firmware. Got booted from DJI site trying to help others with messed up drones. Worked like a charm for me. PHANTOM 4 only.
Dropbox - DJI Phantom 4 Firmware

Here is a link to everything you need including instructions to downgrade your firmware. Got booted from DJI site trying to help others with messed up drones. Worked like a charm for me. PHANTOM 4 only.
Dropbox - DJI Phantom 4 Firmware

For the life of me,,, I can not follow the instructions in this link.

I guess I will just wait until DJI does a fix.

Thanks for the help though.

UPDATE: I just figured it out. It appears that the downgrade process took. In the morning, I will fly and check it out.

UPDATE 2: After my first flight after the "rollback" to previous firmware the flying is very similar, if not exactly as before. Good news!

The only issue I have is the video seems to a little lagging or jerky on the device (iPhone 6s) and later when viewed on my computer. Need to check settings and see if I got everything re-set.

Otherwise, very happy! Thanks to all those that assisted in making our P4s fly again well.

Later,

edspilot

Last edited:
Reactions: Onemanshow
Sent my phantom in for repair after DJI turned it into a plastic brick. They claim they have it fixed and it's on it's way back, should be here Monday.
DJI should compensate people for this. I only hope it actually works right. I have my doubts.

since I did the new firmware update and again yesterday updating the go4 app to latest version, I guess after reading this entire 23 page thread , i'm one of the luckier ones that my P4 flies just as good if not better than the day I bought it over a year ago, just recently updated my ipad platform and now flying is more fun than ever...just as it should be

Reactions: JerryofWV
Hi,
I have been a little suspicious to downgrade to a FW randomly downloaded from the internet, but that discusting gimbal error pushed me.
So I downgraded without any issue. (Just the bird - from v02.00.0106 to V01.02.602).
Had my first flight this morning and everything seems OK. No gimbal poweroff. Phantom seemed stable, everything working just fine. The camera seems a tiny bit tilted to one side horizontally, but it has been kinda windy and I haven't calibrated after the downgrade so I shall try that.
UPDATE:
Flown 8 times since the downgrade, everything smooth and perfect. The one and only thing missing for me is the tripod mode. But thats no biggy.

Anyway BIG thanks for the great work and sharing your solution gyrex - you da real MVP. :)

Last edited:
Followed the repair progress which included testing after repair etc. Strangely enough, the quad I have now has a different serial number. They just sent me a different quad. Now what does that do for my already sketchy warranty service? Haven't had a chance to test yet, raining here. I'll try after the weather clears up.

It seems the software to downgrade the firmware is no longer available!!!

Does anyone have this installer to do the firmware downgrading?

Thanks!

Scott K.

I have a copy and 2 old firmwares if anybody wants.

UPDATE new DJI assistant released for p4 pilots, not tested it yet.

You would think that DJI can check these before sending them out. The P4 I received has some sort of video buffering issue. The video on the live feed, depending on how long I keep this in the air, can be delayed as much as 30 seconds. Which is about 29 and a half seconds more than needed to run it straight into a tree.
So they sent me someone else's problem they sent back to fix my problem they created. I see my lack of faith in DJI has been rewarded. Different quad different problem.

Got email from dji. Want folks to fly with the failware and send results. They will then issue beta firmware after they get the flight data. Im not flying and risking a crash.
Email below.
Dear Customer,

Nice day.
Here is the email from DJI tech support team.

Via your post on DJI Forum, we got that there exist the unstable flight issue on your DJI Phantom 4 after upgrading Firmware to v02.00.0106.
We worked on it and made a Beta firmware to fix that issue.

But for making sure the fimware works on your case, we need your help to send us the specified flight data as below steps within 24 hours.
Then our R&D team will push the beta firmware to you after receiving the data.

Please execute as following steps strickly, thanks a lot.

1. Please disable the "Forward Obstacle Sensing System” on the DJI GO.

2.Then select an open area for the flight and make sure the copter works under P-GPS mode during the whole flight.

3. Keep the copter hovering over 30s at 10m height after taking off.

4. Then operate the copter ascent to a safety height and we suggest there is no obstacle in the range of 200 m radius.
And then operate it flyling forward over 100m away. Next, operate it flying backward for over 100m. Please execute above forwarding and backwarding operations for twice.

5. After that, then pull roll stick to left and fly it to left direction for over 100m and next, fly it to right direction for over 100m.
Please execute the operation for twice as well.

6. Finally, land the copter safety, flight part completed.

7. After the flight, please connect the copter to the DJI assistant and then export the corresponding data to us.
Here is a video FYI to export the data.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon and if you have any questions here, please no hesitated to contact us.

Best regards,

DJI tech support

Thanks to gyrex for the rollback files. I did so and my bird is flying smooth again but active track just can't lock onto a subject now. I can draw a green square around objects but that's as far as it goes. Square disappears and no options appear.

Reactions: gyrex

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl