P4/Apple

I ordered mine yesterday and then got an email saying it was ready to pick up. When I got there they told me that they cold not sell it to me and I should have never been able to place the order. Soooo close yet soooo far!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Ordered literally within minutes on DJI. Now checked on chat: 3/22. Chat couldn't cancel it so I had to send an e-mail. Also ordered via Apple on Mar 1, that one will ship soon. Didn't expect anything else from DJI, was sure they would mess up.

Last edited:
Just received an email from Apple stating my order has shipped and will arrive on the 15th. Too bad no one will be home to sign for it. Hopefully I will be able to pick it up from FedEx later in the day.

Just received an email from Apple stating my order has shipped and will arrive on the 15th. Too bad no one will be home to sign for it. Hopefully I will be able to pick it up from FedEx later in the day.
Hey congrats! When did you order? What was your shipping window?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Go to FedEx online, track your order, click change delivery & try to have the order held at your local FedEx/Kinkos store for pickup. Then you have until 9 pm to pick it up. I do this all the time as I have both a FedEx & UPS store 1/4 mile from my house. Very convenient.

I ordered it on the 4th and my shipping window was the 17th - 22nd. I'm surprised it was shipped already. I will give FedEx a call and ask if it can be held at the nearest Kinkos. Thanks for letting me know that I can have it redirected.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457732322.241425.jpg

Not that I'm bothered or in any rush, but it appears to be vastly quicker if ordering from Apple! 3-5 days despatch!

Loophole was closed before I could take advantage. Truly disappointing but I have been reassured that I'll get it on the 15th through my originally placed order so we are still on haha..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I imagine that if I had shown up at the Apple Store to pick up my 3 store pickup units that I had in my cart, they wouldn't have been able to ring them up either, despite assurances to the contrary, when I talked to them on the phone. Having never rung one up, they didn't know the orders would be blocked by the register software. However, obviously, not all registers were properly updated, as some were, in fact, sold yesterday, and taken home.

JToo bad no one will be home to sign for it. Hopefully I will be able to pick it up from FedEx later in the day.
You might be able to sign for it on FedEx's website. I got a package from DJI via FedEx a few weeks ago (they always make a person sign) and I signed for it online. The package was waiting on my porch when I got home.

You might be able to sign for it on FedEx's website. I got a package from DJI via FedEx a few weeks ago (they always make a person sign) and I signed for it online. The package was waiting on my porch when I got home.
Don't you have to have an account with FedEx or register with FedEx to be able to do that? I tried to do something similar with my last DJI delivery and FedEx said I had to be personally present to sign for it. After an 8am phone call to notify me of the delivery, I waited all day, and they didn't show up until 8:30pm!:mad:

Don't you have to have an account with FedEx or register with FedEx to be able to do that?
Yes, you need a FedEx account. It's free.

And, if you're worried about them not dropping it after signing online, then have it delivered to your local FedEx Shipping Center (if you have one). The closest center to me is open until 9 PM, so I'm always able to make it at some point in the day before they close. You'll also need a FedEx account to redirect the package on their website.

Do you really think DJI would allow their exclusive partner to ship before DJI will start shipping on the official release date? Apple is prohibited from shipping any units to customers before the official release date of March 15. Apple confirms. Apple will have display units available in the Apple Stores prior to March 15, but no units may be bought in the stores until March 15th, no matter how many they have on hand. Pre-orders from Apple will be shipped out on March 15th, just like from DJI, limited to availabilty and in order of purchase.
I just bought one in Apple Store, never say never!

Reactions: Dirty Bird
For those in Europe: I ordered within minutes from launch on Mar 1, both at DJI and on the online Apple Store (Europe).
My order on the online Apple Store has now gone into the despatch process, and knowing Apple this probably means delivery tomorrow.
DJI is still "pending".

Placed my order on the 8th of March... just got an email! Shipped out today, delivery tomorrow!!!!!!! Wouahouuuuuu

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj