P4/Apple

Hurry up and take a screenshot of that comment :D

Reactions: PHANTOMUSER
Well, they did prohibit all longtime authorized DJI dealers from purchasing :)

I just find their quoted ship dates odd. I've pre-ordered many things from Apple in the past -- and, their ship dates from their checkouts were always dead on.
Perhaps DJI agreed to a contract to conduct sales through Apple only to minimize problems with dealerships.

done
upload_2016-3-7_14-39-11.png

lol!!!! You're on!

Actually you're wrong. I spoke with apple support and they explicitly stated that there is a very good chance I will receive mine before the 15th, as they start shipping on the 10th.
Let us know on the 10th when you have a tracking number. :rolleyes:
Clearly, there is a lot of confusion at Apple. :cool:

That means you got free shipping and it will be delivered March 17th, as it will ship out on the 15th. Prove me wrong! I'll pay for your P4 if it arrives any earlier than March 17th! :D
Paid for expedited shipping and I cannot wait to get my free P4!!!! Thank you!

16th - 22nd

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just called my local Apple Store again to see if anything had changed since March 1st. I spoke to a sales rep who confirmed everything I have written above. The shipping date ranges are sliding into the future. The shipping delivery date will likely be the last date of each range specified on your order. No units to those who pre-order will ship out until March 15th. YMMV. Apple reps may be misinformed, including all the ones I have spoken to. ;)

If you have pre-ordered a P4, congratulations! You are about to join the elite, whether it arrives on March 16 or 17th or any time thereafter! :cool:

Last edited:
upload_2016-3-7_16-44-23.png

Rumor confirmed? Apple CSR admits there is an Apple warehouse full of P4's. Maybe...

Reactions: thegoodtouch
View attachment 46352
Rumor confirmed? Apple CSR admits there is an Apple warehouse full of P4's. Maybe...
Apple will be shipping their pre-orders from their P4 inventory on March 15th, as will DJI. That's the deal.:cool: Much like DJI ships all other dealers their share of inventory in advance of an announced release date, Apple already has them, as does DJI, ready to go on March 15th. However, they are not allowed to ship them before the release date. The Apple warehouse also ships the P4 stock to all the individual Apple Stores to get ready for March 15. Display P4 units will also supposedly be out on the floor in the Apple Stores before March 15 to build interest, and take more pre-orders.

Last edited:
GadgetGuy, FWIW a lot of us pre-ordered the 3DR Solo, expecting to be the first to get the new drone. 3DR had made a deal with BestBuy, and the Solo appeared (in limited areas) on their store shelves weeks before 3DR's official shipping date, and could be ordered from BestBuy and shipped prior to the 3DR date.

If DJI has struck a similar exclusive with Apple, you may be buying that P4 after all.

Reactions: thegoodtouch
GadgetGuy, FWIW a lot of us pre-ordered the 3DR Solo, expecting to be the first to get the new drone. 3DR had made a deal with BestBuy, and the Solo appeared (in limited areas) on their store shelves weeks before 3DR's official shipping date, and could be ordered from BestBuy and shipped prior to the 3DR date.

If DJI has struck a similar exclusive with Apple, you may be buying that P4 after all.
Apple isn't Best Buy, and DJI isn't 3DR. Apple has reverified today that everything I have stated above is still true. Apple knows that their DJI exclusive is conditional upon their following ALL the rules. The official release date of the P4 is March 15th, and not a day earlier. Any Apple Store is still the only place in the United States that you can purchase a P4 and get it on March 15th, assuming they aren't already sold out. Only other store that will have it in stock on March 15th is the DJI Store in China. All pre-orders, whether Apple or DJI, will be shipped on March 15th or later, depending upon the order date, and the availability of initial P4 inventory.

Oregon doesn't have a sales tax. That is why we Washingtonians often drive to Portland for big ticket items.
Doesn't WA state still have a use tax, similar to the state sales tax, that requires payment of tax for all purchases made out of state or online, to be paid with your state income taxes? Most don't declare it, but it is still owed, if WA follows other states' practices.

Doesn't WA state still have a use tax, similar to the state sales tax, that requires payment of tax for all purchases made out of state or online, to be paid with your state income taxes? Most don't declare it, but it is still owed, if WA follows other states' practices.
It is on the honor system. The only enforcement I am aware of is any purchase that would require licensing here, like a boat, vehicle, camper, trailer, etc.

We don't have a state income tax. Our sales tax is 10%, which makes it worth the drive to Portland for TVs, PCs, and Drones...

Oregon has a state income tax, but no sales tax.

Last edited:
Apple normally lists very conservative delivery dates. Mostly, delivery is well before the date they claim. I think Apple orders will be delivered days (if not weeks) before DJI orders.

I have purchased quite a bit of stuff from Apple on the announce date. Their normal procedure is that the delivery (not the ship date) of the item is timed to coincide with the date that the item is available in the store. Assuming that DJI doesn't screw up the supply chain, I would expect the first batch of P4s to arrive on the 15th. By the way, the store personnel are usually the last to know the details regarding Apple's plans....I wouldn't bet the price of a P4 against a delivery before the 17th. :)

Interesting to speculate, but I guess we'll know for sure when the "My new P4 arrived!" threads start to pop up.

Last edited:
WA doesn't have state income tax.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj