P4 Advanced Weak Transmission / Disconnects

Reaction score
Hi, My P4 Advanced is showing "weak transmission signal" and then intermittent " aircraft disconnected" signals when only a short distance away. This happens where ever I fly. I notice that the signal quality on most channels spike at"poor". I have the latest firmware installed and the latest version of DJI Go4. Three times last night the done initiated a RTH because signal was lost. The flying conditions were perfect and I was in the middle of a field. Lost confidence in this done. My previous P4P was always rock solid. Can anyone help please?

Reactions: Ripper7620
Hi, My P4 Advanced is showing "weak transmission signal" and then intermittent " aircraft disconnected" signals when only a short distance away. This happens where ever I fly. I notice that the signal quality on most channels spike at"poor". I have the latest firmware installed and the latest version of DJI Go4. Three times last night the done initiated a RTH because signal was lost. The flying conditions were perfect and I was in the middle of a field. Lost confidence in this done. My previous P4P was always rock solid. Can anyone help please?
FWIW, I started having the same issue with my standard P4P after I updated the controller to the latest firmware version, where as before, it was pretty rock solid. I'm hoping the next update will fix the issue. I'm not getting any clear channels on the 5.8 band, and very limited on the 2.4 band.

I would also agree to what ripper said. When I purchased my p4p brand new It had the exact same problem that you noted despite my app and firmware being up to date. Once I got my controller firmware up to date the problem went away.

Tried again today to resolve this problem. Made sure all drone,controller and app firmware were the latest. Tried a different iPad Mini 4. Tried a Samsung android tablet. Tried a different lightning cable. Still the same. Very poor signal quality on all channels. Drone loses signal and disconnects at only around 80feet out and initiates RTH. Very scary. I want my old P4 back! Always was rock solid. Any ideas anyone?

Has anyone had experience with calling DJI about this weak signal issue? I am calling them tomorrow. I have jobs to do this week and are down to my back up drone. I flew my back up drone (P4) today and oh how solid and dependable it felt! Having spent a lot of money on the"upgrade" to the P4 Advanced I am very disappointed. No worse feeling thth having the drone disconnect in the air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav